Chapter 32: Just Like In the Movies

*Calum's POV*

I have been walking Kalin to class almost everyday. Yes, almost, on the days I accidentally sleep in and can't walk her to class, I at least make sure I talk to her that day. She's getting back on track with her school work. So proud of my smart little lady.
I miss her everyday, yeah I talk to her everyday, but you know what I'm saying I hate the fact that we aren't together. I hate the fact that she could just forget the past and everything we had, and just be with someone else.

This girl, my girl.. my babygirl, is my life. She always has been and will always and forever be. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost her permanently.

It's a Friday night and tonight she's going out with Dani and some of her other friends, doing who knows what. Tonight, I was going to go visit Michael because I haven't seen him specifically since the day Kali woke up.

He's been MIA, and I don't know why.

I thought everything was supposed to go back to normal when she woke up, that is what her mom said. Everything changed, and it wasn't for the better.

I was sitting outside Michael's house in my car working up the energy to get out of the car. Once that energy finally came I pulled myself out of the car and stood on the front porch of his house. Simultaneously pressing the doorbell and knocking on the door, I did this until he opened the door.

"Calum! What are you doing?" He opened the door and laughed. "I came to visit my friend that I haven't seen for almost a month now," I stepped into his house and sat on a couch, "Where have you been?"

"I'm glad you thought of me, I've just I don't know, been here." He refused to make eye contact. "Kalin has even said you don't even talk to her anymore, what's going on my friend?"

"Nothing," he shot back coldly, "How are you guys doing doing?"

"Look at you, you're so far behind. Kali and I aren't even together anymore." I laughed and shrugged. His eyes seemed to light up, he finally made eye contact with me. "What happened?"
I sighed, "Well obviously since she was in the hospital for three weeks, she missed so much. So this past weekend, she was coming over my place, I thought to study and hangout,"

I stood in the middle of the living room, "And that's when she dropped the bomb!" I made explosion noises and stomped my feet.
"You're an idiot, sit down." Michael laughed, and pointed at a seat diagonally across from him. "She had been studying with Blake! Dun dun dun!" I laughed.

"This is getting good! Gosh darn diddly, what happened next?" He stood on the couch and covered his mouth. "I kind of overreacted, and then she yelled at me. It was scary, she's scary when she's mad." I raised my eyebrows.

"She came over just knowing, I guess, that we were gonna break up. So we did, it sucks because I knew how much I was gonna say that we could work everything out, she wasn't going to stay. She needs space." I shrugged.
Michael sat and sighed, "At least it wasn't a terrible breakup,"

"She's coming back though!" I blurted with no doubt in my mind.

"Dude I can't believe you just let her go that easily." He shook his head at me. I pressed my hands to my eyes and groaned, "I was doing it to make her happy."

"You've made her so happy in the past, taking her on tour, writing her songs, singing to her, the simple things you do. I believe she is forever grateful for all of that! You need to start making yourself happy, you're sacrificing so much for her lately. You can't just give up on everything you want, to make someone else happy." Michael looked as if something had clicked inside his head.

I brought my lips into my mouth and thought, "You're right! It's always my priority to keep her happy, there's nothing wrong with that but, I gotta look out for me too!" Michael nodded his head slowly.
"What's wrong, my friend?" I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Just really torn that you guys aren't together." He shrugged. "Thanks for caring."