Chapter 7: Broken Promises

"Would you care to give us a second chance?" He looked at me with sorrow and hurt in his eyes. I broke the staring contest it felt like we were having and looked down at our intertwined hands. I squeezed his hand and looked back at him.

He gave me a weak smile, "Kali, it's okay, I understand." he squeezed my hand back and sighed loudly. He let go of my hand and began to get off of my bed. He started for the door, "Calum," I called after him.

He never turned around "You didn't let me finish. Let's give us a second chance." I smiled. Cal slowly turned around, "Are you serious?" he walked towards me, his smile growing with each step.

"I am so serious." I smiled, he leaned down and grabbed me by my waist. He lifted me up and spun me around the room.

Just like he did when we saw each other for the first time in forever.

My giggles escaped from my mouth and crowded the room, I tucked my head into his shoulder and smiled big and bright. My excitement was unbearable, I got my boyfriend back, the one person who made me genuinely happy. He was mine again. "I promise to never hurt you again." he said quietly. I lifted up my pinky and held it out for him, he took his pinky and wrapped it around mine.

I released his pinky from my hold, and put my arms around his neck. I kissed his cheek softly, Calum scoffed "Oh please, Kalin," He rolled his eyes at me and put me back on the floor.

I dropped my arms to my sides, "What?" I stood before him with a questioned look on my face. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close, "Kiss me like you mean it."

I wrapped my arms back around his shoulders and kissed him. His lips molded with mine, he held on firmly to my waist. Pulling me closer and closer each time, his tongue grazed my lip, asking for entrance, I let him in. Bringing my hands up into his hair and getting my fingers caught in each curl of his.

Its funny, a few moments ago we were just a couple of brokenhearted teenagers. I don't know about him but, I couldn't be happier. My phone began to ring, and I knew it was probably Michael, or my mom. They can wait.

Calum started to pull away, I moved closer not wanting to leave his touch. He began to laugh, "Kali," he pulled away, "Answer it." He demanded, I slouched my shoulders at my sides.

"Okay, Mr. Bossy." I teased while walking towards my phone, right when I reached for it, the ringing stopped. Groaning once I figured out who called when the screen lit up, Missed Call: Luke.

I dismissed the notification and turned back around to face Calum, just the sight of him made me smile. It was nothing he did really, just his presence makes me happy.

"What do you want to do today?" he smiled at me. I shrugged at him, I'm fine with just staying here at his house all day in our pajamas. "I don't know, What do you want to do? I mean we could stay here all day, watch movies, listen to music."

His face lightened up, "And we can invite the boys!" I nodded at him, "Oh yeah! Sounds fun." I tried so hard to hide the disappointment in my voice, not that I wanted to Calum for myself. I mean yeah of course I did, but I'm not looking forward to see Luke. After everything that happened last night, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what happened except for Cal. I want to keep it like that.

"Sounds great!" I cheesed at him, "Oh and Cal?" I sighed.

"Yes, Kali?" he raised his left eyebrow at me, causing me to laugh. I don't know why but it made me laugh. "Thanks for taking care of me last night." I pulled the bottom of his shirt.

Calum bit his bottom lip teasingly, "No problem love." he opened his arms for me. I walked into them and hugged him tight, I felt his lips on the top of my head which made me smile even more.

---

Calum received a call from his manager, he told him that him and the boys had to meet him at his office. So Calum and I got ready for that, even though we really wanted to stay in pajamas all day. I wore denim shorts and Cal's Nirvana shirt with black converse. I walked into his room and stole this shirt, he didn't even notice.

"Kali," he knocked on the door. "Are you ready?" I opened the door to reveal a surprised Calum, I grinned at him. He laughed and reached for my hand, "Nice shirt, love." I grabbed his hand.

"Looks so much better on you than it does me," He complimented me which mad me smile a lot. He kissed my cheek before he put me into his car.

While he drove to his managers office, I thought about everything possible.

What if Luke tells Cal what happened last night?

What if Luke tries to pull something on me?

What will happen if Calum finds out what happened?

Thoughts and questions flooded my mind, I knew that I was over exaggerating. I just couldn't help but worry. I felt Calum's hand on my thigh, I looked down, then at him, then back down. I rubbed his hand with my thumb, "Are you going to come inside love?" I didn't even notice that we were here.

"Can I? Or is it a closed meeting?" I asked. Calum got out of the car without me and came to the other side of the car to retrieve me. "Come on Kalin. Don't be crazy."

I gasped at his choice of words, "Well then." I rolled my eyes at him and playfully punched his chest. "Woah, calm down. I'm sorry" He held his unharmed chest. I continued to laugh as we walked into the office.

I was greeted by the boys, minus Lucas, which I didn't mind. He was hugging Calum for the longest amount of time. Michael and Ashton hugged me at the same time. Ashton pulled away and stood near while Michael whispered into my ear, "Did you talk to Cal?" I pulled away from him, "It's all taken care of," I gave him a really bright smile.

"Also boys," I pointed to both of them, I don't know why but it caused everyone to look at me "You guys wanna come over after this, Cal and I want to have a pajamas/movie party. No water guns." I laughed.

Ashton gave me a questioning look, then Michael looked at Calum and raised his eyebrow. Calum shook his head at Ash and Mike, I don't think he knew that I noticed but I did. Calum looked at me and smiled, "Yeah we'll come over." Luke spoke from behind Cal.

Before I could ask any questions, the guys' manager came in. They sat in the chairs around the the long rectangular table, I took a seat on Calum's right side. I didn't want to bother anyone so I sat quietly and kept to myself.

"Hey Boys," their manager Adam greeted, "Kalin? Is it?" he reached his hand out for me, I smiled and shook his hand "Yeah, Hi." I sounded so stupid.

He smiled back and sat down in his chair, "Wow, I haven't seen you since you dropped Calum off at the airport that one time." Out of the corner of my eye I could see the boys getting really tense about the subject of Cal leaving me.

I used my best fake smile I could give the man, "Yeah I know, been so long." Dismissing myself from the conversation, I ran my hand through my hair and realized it was still in the bun that Calum had made for me the night before. I pulled my hair out of the hold of the hair-tie. My brown waves fell down to my sides. I picked at the split ends.

I would listen into the conversation when Calum would start talking, it would either be about something serious or a silly remark. I tired to make it seem like I wasn't paying any attention to the meeting because honestly I wasn't really trying to intrude on their 'business' meeting. Playing with my fingers, pulling on the edge of Cal's shirt, braiding and un-braiding my hair. Anything, I would do anything to make it seem like I wasn't paying any attention.

"So boys, are you ready for your next tour to begin?" My ears perked up, I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw Cal swallow uncomfortably. He put his hand on mine. "So next month the tour will kick off, as you know the tickets have all ready been sold. Some venues are already sold out." Adam smiled at the boys. I pulled my hand away as tears formed in my eyes, I blinked them away. 'Not here' I thought to myself 'Don't cry here.' I stood up, Cal reached for my arm. I moved my arm and walked towards the door.

He's leaving.. Again.

"Sounds like it will be a great time." He finished and smiled at me.

I walked out and closed the door behind me.