Chapter 36: Sweethearts

*Kalin's POV*

Swamped isn't even the right word to use. Overwhelmed, overwhelmed is the perfect word to use. I am so overwhelmed with everything that is going on nowadays.
Not only am I planning my wedding, but it's finals week. The only good thing that comes out of this week, is that after today, the last testing day, we'll be on break.

I'll get to spend time with family and my boyfrie-, I mean fiancé. Calum is the only reason I'm still sane, after all that is going on right now. He's helping as much as he can, he's sorting things out for the wedding, and even helping me study.
He's always been this kind of person for me when I needed it. He'll make sure that I'm doing okay before I fall asleep. I'm sure if he could take away all of my stress and put it on himself, he would do it.

He can take me away from reality, even if it's just for a little while. He's my best friend.

Right now, Danielle and I are packing up our stuff for the break. We've exchanged Christmas gifts with all the girls in our dorm, we're a cute little family. "What are you plans for break babe?" I asked her.

"Andrew is coming home with me for the first couple of days to meet my family. Then I'm going to meet his mom. I'll probably hangout with old friends and just spend time with family, ya know?" She shrugged, "What about you?

"Oh yay! That's so good for you guys!" I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed, "Well definitely, plan this wedding. Calum and I are having a big dinner party with our families tonight. Most of all, I need to relax! I'm so stressed, who knew college would be like this? Maybe that's why Calum dropped out."

She laughed, "I'm this close to following in his footsteps. Let's start a band!" I loved her bubbly personality. She always could make me smile, so glad to have her as my roommate.

"I want to be a part of you finding a dress!" Dani clapped. "I'd love that! I probably won't start looking for dresses until after the holidays though, so don't worry." I zipped up my bag and sat next to it.

My phone buzzed with a text from Cal, 'Babygirl I'm here. Want me to come up?'

I sent him a simple 'Come up.' I waited by the door for him to knock. "You get so excited to see him, it's so adorable." I rubbed my cheeks, "Well I love him." I smiled softly.
Calum knocked three times and right as I heard the first knock I opened the door. "Hey hotstuff!" I jumped into his arms, and they tightly wrapped around me.

Calum spun me around and kissed my forehead, "Hey gorgeous, almost ready?" He held me like a baby and carried me into the room. "Almost," I kissed him fast.

"Hey Danielle, excited to go home?" Calum greeted. "Hey Cal, I'm more than excited to go home. Put Kalin down she can walk." She tapped my bum.

"She's my baby though." Calum kissed the top of my head. I hugged him tight, "Yeah Dani, don't be jealous that Drew isn't here." I joked as Calum let me down. "Do you want me to go grab Blake?" She raised her eyebrows and laughed. "Oh shut up!" Calum and I said simultaneously.
She put her hands up in defense, "Sorry, love birds. Have you guys thought of your guys' wedding party yet?"

I looked at Calum and then back at her, "I mean, I have my ideas that's for sure. You, Calums' sister Mali, Claire. I want a small wedding party, just for a more intimate feeling. You don't mind being my Maid Of Honor, do you?"
Danielle covered her mouth in shock, "Oh my goodness, why the hell would I mind? Thank you so much, I am so honored." She hugged me tight, I hugged her back and laughed. Calum wrapped his arms around us both, "I felt left out."

I looked out the corner of my eye, and speak of the devil. Blake was standing in the doorway, "Hey, I just stopped by to say have a nice break!" Calum pulled away from the group hug and got defensive. "Hey! Thanks for stopping by, have a nice break. See you when we get back!" I smiled and hugged him.