Chapter 11: Distraction

"Kali," Calum shook me lightly tyring to awake me from my light slumber. "Baby girl, wake up." He kissed my cheek which made me smile a little bit. I turned and looked at him with wonder filled eyes. I smiled at him, everything about him was perfect to me. I don't think he realises that.

"Yes babe?" I questioned the strange awakening. "Oh, yeah. I was just seeing if you were alright," I shifted my body in the small airplane seat to face him, "And I was a little lonely so I decided to wake you. I mean if that's okay with you." He grabbed my hand.

I tooke my other hand and glided it across his cheek, and placed it under his jaw. "Aw, my baby was lonely." I teased and brought my face closer to his. Cal brought his closer as well and kissed my cheek and backed away again. I brought my hand down from his jaw and placed it on top of our intertwined hands. I sat back in my seat but cuddled closer to Cal.

"Cal, where are we going to go first?" I asked wondering about this adventure we'd soon be going to, I closed my eyes as he began to speak. "I believe we're going to California first. Fun place to be, last time I recall." he laughed at himself. I smiled at him, I can't believe I'm going to America, I've never been outstide of Australia before. "Want to listen to music?" he shifted in his seat which caused me to move too.

"I don't see why not." I laughed and he pulled his phone out of his pocket and scrolled through mulitple playlists he has made in the past. "I made us a playlist for the plane rides. It's got our favorite songs, favorite bands, to songs that remind me of you, and that song I wrote for you. You know the one where I sang it to you and you started crying because you hated it so much." he joked.

"Oh my gosh. You're so sweet Cal. I loved the song! It was beautiful." I kissed his cheek. "You wanna find a song, or press shuffle?" he showed me his phone and I looked at the title of the playlist 'Cal & Kali's Plane Tunes'

He's so cute.

I pressed shuffle, took one of the earbuds that laid across his lap and placed it in my ear. Remembering Sunday by All Time Low played. It's honestly one of my favorite songs in the whole wide world. My favorite band too! Next to 5SOS of course but, you know what I'm saying.

Calum grabbed the leftover earbud and placed it into his ear as well. I brought my arms into the air and made them sway, I closed my eyes and smiled as the memories of the concert flooded into my mind. I heard Calum laugh beside me, he pulled me closer to him and kissed my nose, then my cheek, then my lips. I sat up to get more comfortable.

He tried to pull away but I wouldn't let him, "No, stay here." I said between the kisses. I brought my hands on his cheeks, I felt him smile. We stayed like this for a while, until the song was over, to be exact. We both pulled away regaining our breath. This kid, he's something special, I'm so thankful for this lovely person. He's amazing.

I cuddled back down into his side as we both continued to listen to each song that played on our playlist. I closed my eyes and began to dose off as he played in my hair.

"Kali!" he tapped on my shoulder I turned my head to face him, "Would you still like me if I looked like this?" He took strands of my hair and placed them over his eyebrows which made him look like he had a unibrow. I laughed in his face and had to use my hands to silence the way too loug giggles.

"Why of course I would!" I hid my face from him. "Stop doing that." He commanded me. I looked at him in confusion, "Stop doing what exactly?" I raised one of my eyebrows at him. "Stop covering that masterpiece." I felt my cheeks starting to burn I almost brought my hands up to hide my face again but I stopped myself.

I smiled at him, he really did make me feel special. He's all I could ever want in life. I definitly didn't want to lose him over something stupid, like the Luke thing. I brought my hand up to his ear to take the bud out.