Chapter 39: Tear Stained Memories

I shook my head at her and handed her the note Michael had given to me. I watched as her eyes skimmed over his messy handwriting. She looked at me as if I was crazy, "Kalin forget about this!" She put the note in the box that it was previously in. "Worry about this once you get back from you honeymoon, but not now. You're going to get married to Calum even if I have to push you down the aisle."

Danielle grabbed a tissue and began to dab my face, "Dani, you don't understand. No matter what I choose to do, one of them is going to end up hurt. Michael is just going to have to watch me be in love with someone else, even after him knowing that I know his feelings for me."

"You can't help that you fell in love with Calum," She rolled her eyes at me, "I don't mean to come off rude but, Michael shouldn't have done that. What was he thinking? That you were going to drop everything with Calum to be with him? It's wrong of him to put this all on you on your wedding day."

I nodded along with her, "You're right."

"I know I am, now let's go! It's your wedding day!" She grabbed both of my hands and jumped. I laughed and danced along with her. Danielle brought me out the door and to find my bridesmaids in the waiting area for us to walk out.

Ashton, Michael, and Luke were standing there waiting to walk out as well. Michael kept trying to make eye contact with me, but I avoided his stare. Danielle noticed how uncomfortable it was making me, "Let's line up people! Let's get this show on the road, for my BFF's wedding! Yay!" She cheered and winked at me.

Luke walks out first accompanied by Claire, then Ashton with Mali, Michael with Dani, and finally me. We all heard the music begin to play outside and we looked at each other with excitement in our eyes.

Luke turned back to me, "You sure you want to do this? We can all just run out of here and go get some pizza."

"Yes! Now hurry and start walking." I pushed him out and laughed. I watched as far as I could until Ashton and Mali began to leave as well. "A couple of more minutes and finally you'll be my sister-in-law!" Mali cheesed at me before walking out.

I began to dance on my tippy toes, I was becoming anxious I just wanted to walk out there already."See you out there babe, you look beautiful!" Danielle blew me a kiss before walking out with Michael on her arm. "BTW I am so frustrated with you-" I heard her speaking to Michael as she walked out. I shook my head as they walked further from me.

I don't think I have ever smiled so hard in one moment before. Forget about everything that just happened with Michael, I'm about to go and marry my best friend. Someone who I have loved since we were kids. Someday we'll have kids of our own, our own house, our first moments as husband and wife.

Instead of a flower girl, we had flower pups. It was all Calum's idea but I didn't mind, they were cute and such an original idea. The cute little black pugs had tiny baskets connected to them that had flower petals fall out with each step they took. The pugs walked out next, you could hear the 'aww's' from the crowd.

The music had stopped and my song started playing, which was my cue to start walking. "You ready?" My mom locked arms with me.
"More than ready." It was cute to have my mom walk me down the aisle. She has always wanted best for me, and pushed me to accomplish things. She has always been supportive of Calum and I. What better person could walk me?

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley played as I walked down to the love of my life. The vineyard had a long path to take to get to the altar. "I'm so excited to see him, I'm excited to get married mom."
"I'm proud of the responsible, young lady you've become. I'm excited for you too! Even though Calum has always been a part of our family, I'm glad that he's officially going to be a part of our family." My mom squeezed my hand. I began to tear up, she's so cute.