Chapter 29: Timezone

*Michael's POV*

The boys and I were still at the restaurant when we received the phone call. It seemed as if everything in slow motion.
The only thing that I wanted out if this whole thing, was for my friends to be okay. We, Ashton, Luke and, I, arrived to the emergency room at the same time.

We raced to the front desk, "What rooms are Kalin Peterson and Calum Hood in?" I asked the lady.
"Are you family?" The lady looked at all of us.
I tilted my head, Luke and Ashton stepped on either side of me and closer to the desk, "Do you know who we are?" Luke asked.

"All we want to do is see our friends, that would be great." Ashton had a soft laugh.

"Well Calum and Kalin share a room, 325. Kalin is being examined, and Calum should be in there." The lady behind the desked scoffed. Thanks for the help.

Luke wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we followed Ashton into the elevator. "I hope they're okay. Kalin being examined could be a good thing." Ashton said and looked at me.

If Kalin wasn't going to be okay, I don't know what I would do. That girl is one of the greatest people I know, she deserves the world. I love that girl.

We walked out of the elevator and into the room. "Hey Cal," Ashton peeked into to room. Luke and I walked into the room.
Cal was sitting up on his bed getting his arm put in a cast, "Hey guys, Kali's being examined." He sighed and looked down at his feet.

"This is all my fault, I should have listened to her. If she's not going to be okay, I will never forgive myself. I love that girl." Tears began to dance down his face.
"She's gonna be alright man, we all know she's a fighter." Luke sat in the chair.

"We're just glad you guys are okay." Ashton said. I don't know why but I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Seeing my bestfriend in such a vulnerable state broke my heart.

I was drowning in my thoughts when Kali was being rolled in on her bed, followed by her sobbing mother. The doctor stood on Kalin's side of the room and talked to her mom.
I took a glimpse of Kali's face, it was drained of the little color she had before. Her eyes were closed.

The doctor walked out, Ms. Claire was standing by he daughters bed. Calums arm was done being wrapped so we walked to her bed together.
"Is s-she going to be okay?" Calum choked on his words as he cried. He ran his finger along her cheek.

"She'll be okay... With time. She's in a coma." The entire room went silent, minus Calums sobs. "Oh gosh! I am so sorry." Tears poured out of his eyes. Kalins mom wrapped her around him, "It's okay, it's okay. It's not your fault." Calum continued to cry, "She's going to be okay. I know she will."

I swallowed hard and rubbed his back, "Cal, she's gonna be okay." He turned and hugged me and cried.

He cried. He cried. And cried some more.

This went on for weeks, Calum turned into a different person. He was grieving, and so was I.

*Calum's POV*

It's the same routine everyday. Wake up, get ready for the day, go to the hospital in hopes Kali will wake up, go home disappointed, and cry myself to sleep.

Its been 3 weeks since the accident, and I still can't forgive myself because of what I did. Sometimes Ms. Claire will be in the room with me.
I can't help but feel guilty. She tells me not to worry, its not my fault, she'll wake up soon, and everything will be back normal.

The boys come to check on her and I sometimes. Michael is the most sympathetic out of all of them. He understands how I'm feeling. That was his bestfriend.

Today Kalin was supposed to be reexamined, so all of us were going to visit. I dragged my feet into the hospital room. "Hey Calum, you made it just in time. She's about to go." Her mom hugged me. I hugged her back and walked over to see my girlfriend.

I bent down and kissed her cheek, "Please wake up babygirl. I miss you." The nurses pushed her bed out of the room.

"How are you dealing with this so well?" I asked Ms. Claire and crossed my arms. She sighed, "I'm hurting. I miss her. But I know she is going to wake up." I bit the inside of my cheek, "I'm really sorry."
"No matter how many times you blame yourself, just know I don't blame you. I'm not upset with you." She sat in the chair next to me.

Ashton, and Luke walked into the room together. "Where Mikey?" I asked them.
"He didn't come with us. He had to do something before he came here." I nodded my head.

In no time Kalin was brought back into the room. I held her hand and talked to her as her mom, Luke, and Ash watched something on TV.
"I miss you so much babygirl," I whispered. "And I know you're hungry.. So you should really wake up."

I looked at the ring on her finger, "We can go out to dinner, go bowling, or I can sing to you." I squeezed her hand, "Anything you want and you can have it. Just please wake up."
She squeezed my hand, before I could say anything she fluttered her eyes open. Those breathtaking green eyes.

Kalin laughed, "Let go of my hand weirdo." She shook her hand out of mine. "It's good to see that you're back from tour. How was it? I missed you." What?
"Mom!" Kalin extended her arms out for a hug. "Kalin Grace I missed you so much! Don't ever leave me like that again." He mom kissed her cheeks over and over.

Luke and Ashton greeted her with hugs. I watched her receive them. She acted different. It was like she was in a different timezone.
I watched as she laughed. I watched as she played in her hair. I watched as her face lit up when she saw Mikey in the doorway.

"Babe! You're here!" Kali exclaimed and held her arms out for him. What? Forget different timezone, she's in a different life.

My heart dropped, my stomach dropped, everything dropped.
That was supposed to be my reaction, she was supposed to hold me tight.

I lost her.

*** I want to thank you all for 21K reads, its means a lot. Don't forget to Vote, Comment & Fan! I love you guys. Thank you ***