Chapter 5: The Morning After

Luke looked at me up and down before walking back inside of his party. I cringed a little bit, "Kali, we don't have to go if you don't to." Cal finished. I put my hand in his, "Let's go, I'll be fine." I smiled.

We walked into the party together hand in hand. We were instantly surrounded by people, people dancing, flirting and drinking. Great. The three things I don't do. "Do you want something?" Calum shouted over the booming music. I shrugged at him in response.

He held tight to my hand and dragged me through the 'sea of people' to get to the food and drinks. Cal helped himself to a beer, I don't know why but I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"Problem?" Cal asked laughing. "No," I shook my head and smiled.

"Kalin! Loosen up! I did not bring you to a party for you to be all calm and serious!" He put his drink down and grabbed my hands. "C'mon lets have fun and dance!" He spun me around.

"You're right Cal!" I grabbed a drink. "Let's party!!" I took a sip, the liquid burned my throat as it went down. I downed the whole cup, grabbed Calum's hand dragged him to the dance floor. I danced to the beat as this new found high took over me. I felt Cal's hands wind up on my waist he pulled my body into his, "You look beautiful tonight." he whispered in my ear.

I moved my head and bit my bottom lip, I kissed him and brought my arms around his shoulders. I felt little kisses on my cheeks, I pulled away from Cal leaving him with a pout. Michael and Ashton kept planting their lips all over my cheeks. "OMG! You guys!" I wrapped my arms around both of their shoulders.

"Guys, she's mine. Get away." Cal pouted and pulled me from the boys into his arms. Someone walked by with red solo cups on a tray, I helped myself to one. Ashton pulled my cup from my lips and brought it to his.

"Ash!!" I took my cup back chugged the rest. "KP, maybe you should slow down.." Cal suggested and took the cup. "You're the one who said to loosen up," I put my hand on his shoulder, "Lets have fun and dance!" I screamed

-----

A couple of drinks later I had lost Cal through the people, I sat with Ashton, Michael, Luke, and some other guy named Jack. He was one of their friends I believe, but I hardly payed him any attention. "Why are you so far away from me?" Luke pulled me closer to him. "I don't knowwwww" my words slurred as I smiled up at him. Luke brought me on top of his lap.

I played with his blonde locks of hair, getting my fingers caught in small tangles. Luke moved his face towards mine as I smiled and laughed in his face, he moved closer and placed his lips on mine. I didn't know what was coming over me but I liked it, our lips moved in rhythm of the beat to the music in the background.

We stayed like that for a while, but then my favorite song came on. I pulled away from him and made my way to the counter, "Mikey!! Help me up!" I raised my arms up and Mike put me on the counter.

'Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs,

With the boombox playing as we're falling in love,' I started to sing along

"Got a bottle of whatever but its getting us drunk,

Here's to never growing up! We'll be running down the street yelling kiss my ass-"

I saw people making a aisle towards me, and Calum was charging through it. "Kali! What are you doing?" he screamed.

"Oh Cal I'm just having fun!" I threw my arms in the air. I'm loving this feeling I have right now, I danced on the counter.

"Kali, c'mon let's go home," he reached his hand out for me. "But Cal, you said whenever I wanted to go!" I pouted.

He wrapped his arm around my legs and slung me over his shoulder. "WHEEEEE!!" I squealed. "Hey! Cal, I don't wanna go!" I pinched his butt and waved at all the faces I passed as Cal walked me out.

"Oh yeah, its really time to go." he said calmly, "Bye everyone!" Cal waved as we, well I being escorted, went out of the door. He put me to my feet once we reached his car, he opened the door for me and helped me get in, slowly. Once I was in he closed the door, he got himself in the car and started to drive us home.

"Cal..," I whined "My head hurts!" I held my head in my hands and closed my eyes hoping it would stop the hurt. "I'll help you in a second." he said calmly. We were going down his long street to arrive at his house, when we did he got out and helped me out of the car.

He lifted me into his arms and carried me through the house and into my room, Calum sat me on the bed and left me alone for the rest of the night.

------

I woke up the next morning with a massive headache and an empty bed.. I rolled out of bed, literally rolled out of the bed and fell on the floor. I stretched on the floor and noticed I wasn't in my clothing from the night before, I don't remember changing at all. I was in Calum's shirt.. my favorite one. Also in his favorite fuzzy socks.

Making myself stand up, I pulled myself up using the nightstand. I dragged my feet into the bathroom, my makeup was taken off completely and my hair was up, in a very messy bun. I decided to go and find Calum and thank him for taking care of me, knocking on the door then realizing that he was probably asleep so I walked inside.

I stood by his bed watching his cute face snuggled into the pillow, his light snore captivating the whole room. I sat by the bed and rubbed his arm softly, "Cal.." I cooed, he stirred in his sleep, "Kali," he groaned. "I'll take to Luke's tomorrow.. let me sleep."

My jaw dropped I looked closer at him and saw more tears stained on his face, my eyes started to water as I rubbed his arm. Before I could cry here, in his room, I stood and went back into my room.