Chapter 21: This Moment

I knew the boys would be traveling to their next stop on the tour and what that meant was, they'd be going out for drinks the night of.
And I knew this time Calum wouldn't be going to the room early like he normally does.

But when I signed onto my twitter, I never would have thought something like this would happen. Calum.. my person.. He did something like this?

*Calum P.O.V* (there's a first time for everything)

I watched as Kalin walked through the gates and onto the plane. My heart broke with each step she took away from me. I couldn't move, the one person on this whole planet who can make me feel so whole, just left.

She slipped right through my fingers.

I stood there motionless as I felt someone's hand brush across my shoulder, "Cal, uh, we better get on the road now. I'm sorry man." Ashton's voice rang through my ears.
I sighed and walked to our tour bus. I sat in the spot Kalin and I would usually sit, laughing as we would wait for the bus to start moving.

I sat in silence.

"I can't believe she's gone." Michael interrupted my thoughts. "Her heart is still here with you. She loves you." He sat on the right of me and Luke sat on the left.

Luke and I cuddled like any other teenage boys, who has there girlfriend leave the tour to go to college. This is a normal thing.
Kalin and I were no where close to being normal. We were extraordinary. I loved that.
---

Like any other destination we reached, we had some sort of event and a show to end the night.
Surprise surprise.

Before we went on stage, we had our little speech thing that Adam always gave before we went out there. He took a breath, "Guys, I want you to go out and kill it out there. This arena is packed with people who all adore you." He looked at me, "I know you're upset, but try not to think about it tonight. Live in the moment."

Live in the moment? Okay, I'll live in the moment, "C'mon boys! Let's rock their socks off!" I yelled as I ran onto the stage.
Just stepping out there made everything better. Its my second home. "You guys look beautiful tonight!" The crowd screamed as I spoke into the microphone.

"Let's start tonight with a slow one boys." I looked at Luke and he nodded.
He began to strum the chords of, Wherever You Are, on his guitar. He sang along when the time was right.
Harmonizing with him while he sang the chorus of the song.
--
Once the concert was over I went to my phone to see if Kali may have called. I knew she didn't it'll take her a while to get back home, but hey you never know.

"Hey Cal, you still coming out tonight?" Ash's voice boomed. Scared me half to death. "God Ashton, you can't sneak up on me like that!" I picked up my phone from the ground. Scared me so bad I dropped it.
All he did was laugh in my face, "Oh sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

"But yeah I'm coming out tonight," I wrapped my arm around his shoulder as we started walking. "I'm living in the moment" I glided my hand in the sky.

"Good because we were thinking of doing something different tonight." Michael said from the couch.
"We're going to a club," Luke started, "Now since Kali isn't here, we miss her terribly, but now you can stay out as long as you want."
"I loved going to the room to be with Kali, its not like she forced me to come back." I sighed. Just the thought of her not being there when I go back to the room kills me.