Chapter 43: Along Came Peace

*5 years later*

"Girls stop running in the house! I don't want you to hurt yourselves!" I yelled upstairs, following with a loud bang. As if something... or someone had fallen on the floor. "Calla! Erin!"

"We're okay!" Calum and I's daughters yelled simultaneously. I shook my head and began to laugh, Calla is now five years old, and Erin is four. Erin brings a lot of energy to the house that's for sure, she's always running around and always has a huge smile on her face.

"Jeez woman, I just get home and you're already nagging?" I whipped my head around to see Calum standing in the opening of the kitchen. "Oh my God Calum, you're home!" He dropped his bags and caught me as I jumped into his arms.

"I missed you so much babygirl!" He spun me around and kissed my cheek. "I didn't know you were coming home so early, I'm literally shaking."
He set me back on the ground and hugged me tight, "I wanted to surprise you and the girls!" I smiled into his chest.

Footsteps came from the stairs and there stood our two perfect little girls, "Daddy you're home!" Calla came and hugged his legs. Calum smiled and kneeled down so he was at her level, "I missed you sweetheart." He hugged her and kissed her forehead.
Calla eventually pulled away from him and it was Erin's turn, "Come here Princess Erin." He held his arms out for her and she ran into them without any hesitation. "I missed you too!" Erin's jet black loose braid was falling apart.

"Gosh I love you guys." Calum wiped a tear from his eye. I couldn't help but smile, my husband was finally back home from tour. Our family is whole again.
The girls and Calum came to sit in the kitchen with me, tonight we're having a dinner party. With all of the boys, Michael, Luke and Ashton, and their girlfriends. Tonight is like a farewell. This was the boys' last tour, and they're done making music. Actually it's kind of our last hoorah!

"Daddy, can we go with on you next tour?"

"Oh yeah! All of us, mommy too!" Erin grinned at me. Calum chuckled, "That would be great, but sadly girls, that was the last tour." The boys' last tour didn't even seem real, it was full of tears. It was so emotional for all of us, I guess now it's time for all of us to grow up. Ew

"What? No fair!" Erin and Calla threw up their arms, "We only went to three shows!" Erin ran to his side. Calum picked her up and sat her on his lap, "Hey, don't worry about it. When you girls start your own band and go on tour, I'm coming with you. To block all of the boys who try to kiss you."
"Ew! No offense daddy, but boys are just gross." Calla pretended to throw up. Calums' jaw dropped as he laughed.

"You're so right Calla. Boys are just disgusting," I joked around with my daughter, "They get even more gross when they grow up." I teased Calum.
"I'm not gross, right Erin?" He looked at her with hopeful eyes. "Well, not all the times. Just some of the time. Like when you kiss mommy, like come on, she can get cooties from that!" Calum and I looked at each other and began to laugh.

"That's true, how rude of me." Calum smiled and held her tight against his chest. He looked up at me and mouthed the words 'I love you'

---

I had finished putting on my makeup and Calum came into the bathroom, "Baby you're so beautiful, with or without the makeup." My cheeks became rosy as I smiled at his comment, "I'm so lucky. Our beautiful daughters, my beautiful wife. I've got a wonderful life." He kissed my cheek and looked at me in the mirror.
"You're so perfect. We live a wonderful life together, I'm so thankful for you Cal." I kissed his nose. and smiled.

"Kalin! That's my thing!" He kissed my nose back, "We better not have Erin see us, she'll think I'm gross." I laughed in his face. Calla and Erin's heads peeked into the doorway, "What are you guys doing?" Erin batted her eyelashes.
"We need to get you guys ready for Uncle Ash, Luke, and Mikey to come over." I waved both of them to come in. I lifted Erin in front of me on the counter, Calum did the same for Calla.