Chapter 4: These Nights

He always scratched the back of his neck when he was nervous, he's done this for the longest time. "Well, I wondering if uh, you wanted to go some party Luke is having tonight." He concluded his sentence.

"Sure, what kind of party is it? And why were you so nervous to ask?" I called him out, as he opened the door for me to get in the car. "Like a party, there'll be people, food, beverages," He laughed once he said that. "And I don't know, maybe because you freaked out on him last night." he finished and started his car. "Oh well, I don't have anything against Luke at all." I gave him a reassuring smile.

My phone vibrated against my leg, I answered the call, knowing who it was this time. "Hey mom!" I cheesed as if she could see me. "Kalin, how are you? How's Calum, are you enjoying your stay?" she sighed "I miss you."

"I miss you too! I'm good, just being Kalin. Calum is the most annoying person ever, I can't believe I have to stay here for the whole summer!" Cal gasped "Shut up Kali." he pushed my arm "You know you loveee me." I laughed at him

"But yeah, I'm enjoying my time. Was your flight okay?" I asked my mom. "That's good, and so was the flight. Kali, I love and miss you, I've got to go to a meeting. Talk to you later.

"Love you too." I hung up and put my phone down.

"You love me.." Cal whispered loud enough for me to hear "You know you do." he smirked. I looked out of the window ignoring him. I felt his hand on my thigh, which made me look at him and moved his hand from me. "Kali!" he screeched "Why must you do this to me?"

"Do what Calum?" I batted my lashes at him, he readjusted in his seat. Cal pulled up to his house got out of his car and opened my door for me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up "You know what you do." I felt his breath on my nose, sent chills down my spine. "Cal.." I looked up at him, but removed my hand from his. "Thanks for today."

He wrapped his left arm around my shoulder and we walked inside "It's no problem. It was fun." He grinned at me. "Hey, what time is this party?" I poked his hard stomach, "Eight, but knowing you, we probably won't leave until 8:45." He laughed.

I got away from his hold "Psh, I doubt it." I looked at the clock 4:49. We were gone for a long time "I want to sleep until 6:30, can you wake me up?" I asked while walking upstairs.

"Set your alarm, I'm going to sleep too." He followed me up the stairs, "Fine." I stopped at my door, "See ya." I blew him a kiss as I opened my door and closed it, Calum stopped that from happening.

"Cal, what are you doing?" I giggled "I was going in there." He innocently pointed at my room. I widened the door for him to step inside. He walked inside and got in my bed, he opened his arms for me.

I closed the door and stood before him "Cuddle me!" he squealed. I couldn't help but smile, he's so adorable. I placed myself inside of his arms and he squeezed me tight. I cuddled into him, feeling his warmth surround me. Cal kissed my forehead and squeezed me one last time.

I laid there thinking about everything possible, I eventually fell asleep.

----

"Kali.." Calum shook me "Kali." I woke up slowly, "What?" I pulled a pillow over my head, I heard him laugh when he pulled the pillow away and hit my bum. "Calum!" I screamed laughing, I turned over and laid on my back. "C'mon, you have to get ready." I groaned and stood up stretching. Cal stood up as well and wrapped his arms around my waist when my arms were in the air.

He picked me up and carried me to the bathroom he put me down and left. He soon came back and gave me some towels.

"Just so you know, its 6:54. Good luck getting ready before 8." He closed the door, I could hear him laughing, "CALUM!" I screamed through the door. I decided to prove him wrong so I showered fast. I wrapped a towel around my body, and walked into my bedroom.

I walked toward the closet and found a strapless, black sparkly dress, which came down about mid-thigh. I didn't really have any idea what kind of party this was, I heard the word party so I picked out this.

I went back into the bathroom and worked on my hair and makeup. I decided to curl my hair and do a natural makeup look. Finishing all that I had time to finally get dressed at 7:30.

I went back into my bedroom and slipped my dress on, I struggled with the zipper.

"Cal Pal!" I called out for his assistance. "What Kali? Need more time?" I heard him laugh from outside my door.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. No, but I do need your help." and Cal walked in.

Damn. He wore a sleeveless black shirt that showed his biceps perfectly. His cute curls were tamed with slight gel in his hair. He had his signature ripped skinny jeans on, with red converse for an accent color. Damn, he blew me away.

I came back to reality, "Um yeah, can you zip my dress up please?" He smirked at me so I turned around for him. Cal zipped it up with ease, put his arms on my shoulders and turned me to face him.

"You look good." he leaned in and kissed my cheek leaving it burning due to my blushing.

I nervously laughed, "Thanks Cal." I smiled, "You look good too." I hugged him.

I looked away at the clock: 7:53. I pulled away from his hold and pulled my heels on, now I was up to his chin in height.

"Cal, will I ever be taller than you?" I laughed, he bent his knees so he was shorter.

He laughed "Oh look you're so tall, jeez!" I took advantage of the moment and got on his back. He settled me on, and stood up straight. "Oh and Cal?" he turned his head slightly.

"I got ready before 8." I cheesed, he looked at the clock 7:57.

"Whatever Kali." He laughed. He started walking to his car with me still on his back. "So that means, I win. You lose. I was right, you were wrong." I said smiling. Once he got to the car he lowered me to the ground.

"Does that mean I get another kiss? You know, cause I lost?" He grinned. I placed my hands on his shoulders and kissed his cheek softly. He pouted at first and opened my door to the car.

----

We got to Luke's house and sat in Cals car for a while.

"Kali, I honestly don't know who'll be at this party. We can leave whenever you feel like it." He reached for my hand. I took his hand in mine "You can also hangout with me while we're here." I gave him a reassuring smile.

"I'll be okay." I squeezed his hand. He leaned in and stole a quick kiss.

Before I could say anything he was already out of the car, he opened my door. "The fact that you had to run from me was hilarious." I laughed

We walked up to the house, I grabbed his hand. I held his hand because I didn't want any attention from Luke. Calum rang the doorbell and Luke appeared in the doorway, "Calum! Kalin!" I heard him shout over the blare of music in the back.

Cal let go of my hand to hug Luke, and before I could grab it again, Luke pulled me by my waist into him. I wrapped my arms around him for the hug. That's when Luke kissed my cheek.

Please don't tell me it'll be one of those nights..