Chapter 37: Reassurance

After maturing for 10 minutes, Ash and I walked back downstairs to continue the dinner. I rounded the corner and all eyes were on me. I walked to the table and waved, "You guys look like you've seen a ghost."

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry about your father," I scoffed "I don't know what had gotten into him. Don't put so much faith into him." My mom finished. I shrugged and looked over at Calum.

'You good?' he mouthed the words to me and made a silly face. I nodded and laughed, "So back to needing help, I want to go dress shopping right after the new year. We need to find a venue, pick out a cake, guest list, and all that good stuff." I started to stress a little bit.

"Kali, calm down." Calum called from the other end of the table. I stared into his eyes, that just make you melt, and took a couple of deep breaths. "Okay, well I know for sure that Danielle wants to look for dresses with me, and of course you too mom. So that's settled."

"Babygirl, you and I can go looking for venues, and cake tastings. The guest list should be really easy. We've got this girl." Calum walked to my side of the table and gave me a high five. I laughed, this really all seems so easy. I'm just anxious to marry my best friend, and I want everything to be perfect.

"Wait, who's a part of the wedding party?" Mali asked confused. I gulped, "Well, my close friend Danielle, you, and another girl from my dorm named Claire."

"What about you?" She turned her head and asked Calum. "Michael, Luke, and Ashton."

"YES!! I made it!" Ashton stood up victoriously and cheered, everyone laughed at Ashton's reaction. "As me being the best man, I'm making it my mission to have the absolute best bachelor party ever planned for you." Michael winked at Calum, "If you know what I'm thinking." Calum gave Michael a high five and clapped along with the other boys.

My eyes darted across the table, "Excuse me? What are you planning to do?" Michael looked at me as if I was stupid, "I can't say, there are parents at the table-"

Oh gosh, I couldn't even imagine the things that Michael would plan.

"Whatever, Kali, your bachelorette will blow their cliche bachelor party out of the water." Mali interrupted and grabbed my hand. "Oh yeah, Mali? What are you gonna do?" Calum questioned his sister.

"Sorry, I can't say. Parents at the table." She winked and stuck out her tongue at Michael. "You kids are crazy. Whatever you guys do, don't screw around too much." Calums mom laughed at our childish ways. I looked down at Calum who was blowing me kisses. I mouthed the words, 'I love you' to him, he smiled big at me and mouthed, 'I love you too'.

The little things, the little things like this are the ones that you must cherish.

---

After our guests were gone, after 4 hours of discussing wedding plans, I finally feel somewhat calm about the big day. Calums strong arms wrapped around me from behind, "I'm excited to marry you Kalin Grace Peterson." He kissed my cheek. I turned around and kissed him fast, "I can't wait to be called your wife, Calum Thomas Hood."

"Hey babygirl, I'm sorry about your dad. I didn't know that it was bothering you that bad. I'm really sorry." Calum kissed my forehead. I gave him a half smile, "I just expect so much more from him, and I get nothing. He's just a let down."

I sighed to myself, "What does stink about all of this is that now I won't have anyone to walk me down the aisle." I shrugged. Calum cupped my face, "You don't necessarily need someone to walk you down."

"But I want everything to be perfect!" I stomped away from his hold. I laughed quietly, "I guess it doesn't matter. I'll be marrying someone perfect anyway." I tapped his nose.
"Oh stop it," He smiled, "But I agree, the day will be perfect either way."

"As long as you don't screw up at your bachelor party." I rolled my eyes and he laughed in my face.
"No promises babygirl." He laid in bed next to me. "Don't say that to me," I sat up. "That's so hurtful to my heart dude."

"I'm kidding," Cal reached out for me, "I would never want to mess up anything with you and jeopardize losing you."

---

That night I went to bed excited to marry the boy I've been in love with for the longest amount of time.. Until my wedding day.

*** Hey guys! Thank you for reading this chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan! It means a lot! Thanks babes <3 love you guys***