Chapter 38: Pre-Wedding Jitters

I was twirling around in my beautiful gown that my main ladies helped me pick out. "Kalin, sit down before you fall and break something." My mom called from the other side of the room that all of us were waiting in. Waiting for the final hour to come.

Yes, it is my wedding day. MY wedding day.

Everyone around me is freaking out because I'm so calm. I've never understood 'pre-wedding jitters'. Why should I be so nervous to marry the one person who gets me the most? The person I gave my heart to. My best friend, my heart.

My bridesmaids were dancing around in their placid blue dresses. "You look absolutely beautiful, I'm jealous of Calum right now." Danielle smiled at me. I laughed, "I love you Dani! Thank you for all your help." I hugged my best friend tight.

All of the girls in the room hugged us, like a giant group hug. We stood like this for a good minute or so, until my mom came and grabbed my hand. She stood me in front of the mirror and gently kissed my cheek. "My sweetheart, you look beautiful. I never thought this day would come so soon, are you ready?"

I looked at my dress, my makeup, and my beautiful hair. It's so great to feel so beautiful, and to know that the boy I'm gonna marry in... 30 minutes, is going to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. 30 minutes.. oh my god. I took a deep breath and a cracked voice escaped from my lips, "Yeah, I think so." Tears began to form in my eyes.

Oh, are these 'pre-wedding jitters'? I didn't want to cry today, oh my gosh. This is one of those cliche wedding moments you see in the movies. I looked out of the window and saw that people were beginning to show up on the vineyard. This is happening.. This is really happening.

"No no no. No tears, don't mess up your makeup." My mom fanned my face, while Mali came up and rubbed my back. "My brother is so lucky. But I'm even luckier, because you're finally gonna be my sister-in-law!" Mali squealed.

I was about to respond, but then 3 knocks were placed on the door. We all turned to the door, Mali ran towards it, "Who is it? What do you want?"

"Michael. Mali, don't be rude." I heard Michael's voice from the other side of the door. I laughed, "Let him in." I looked down, and looked back up and there he was in his suit. A big smile crept along his lips.

"You look great Kalin," Michael grinned. "As do you." I gave him a hug. "Are you here to spy on us, to go back and tell Calum how gorgeous she looks?" Danielle came in front of me and blocked me from Mikey's view. I blushed at the indirect compliment.

"No," He cleared his throat and looked me in the eyes, "I did come to talk to Kalin though, one on one."

Everyone looked at me, "Yeah alright. Let's go, just don't let Cal see me."

"Be back soon! We have to start getting you ready to walk down the aisle!" My mom said as me and Michael walked out. Michael held my hand so I wouldn't fall in my mermaid like dress. He guided me past the grooms room, and into a small room to the right of it. He closed the door behind us.

"What happened at the bachelor party that I don't know about, that's gonna make me change my mind about marrying this boy?" I blurted. Michael began to laugh, "Nothing happened at the party! He was very responsible, which is why he's so perfect for you."

I sighed in relief and smiled, "You had me nervous for a second. Don't scare me like that!" Michael smiled to himself and looked at the ground. "What's wrong dude?" I placed my hand on his shoulder and tried to get him to look at me.

"I know it's wrong of me to spring this on you, right now, at this very moment, because you're about to marry someone you truly love," Michael stopped and looked at me, "But I haven't been so honest with you. You're one of my closest friends so I think that it would be good for me to be honest, I love you Kalin."

I stared into his eyes and understood what he really meant. There was no need for me to say, 'Oh yeah Mikey I love you too.' And pretend that he was talking about in a friendly way. I knew. I nodded my head, "Why wouldn't you tell me this before?"

"Trust me, I tried. Whenever I was planning on telling you, something or someone would get in my way. There was just never the right time."

"So right now? Right now is the right time? When I'm about to go down and marry your best friend soon. I'm going to have to look at him and have you in the back of my mind."

"I'm not trying to make you choose me over him. I just want to make sure you know how I feel about you, while there's still a chance for me."

I slightly laughed, "You would risk losing your best friend to be with me?"

"I would do absolutely anything for you." I was about to open my mouth to say something but he stopped me. He reached down a grabbed a shoe box, "Kalin Grace, this is everything I didn't say." He placed the box in my hands.

"Just think about it okay? I'll see you down there." He pressed his lips on my cheek and gave me one last sweet smile before walking out. I stood there shocked, I was trying to take everything in that he had just said to me.

I gripped the box in my hands and left the room also, I walked back to the room that all of the girls were in. I felt so broken, and I felt like you could see it in my eyes. "Hey guys," everyone looked at me, "Can I have like a few minutes to myself? Please." All of my bridesmaids and my mom walked out one by one.

I took a deep breath and sat in the middle of the room. I opened the lid of the decorated box, and saw everything. I took quick glances of everything, I glided my fingers across the items. There were unproduced songs, letters, pictures and, little sentimental stuff. I began to read the letter that sat on top.

'Everything I didn't say

Kalin I never got to say the things I really wanted to because you were too busy loving someone else. I sat around waiting and hoping that maybe you'd change your mind about me. I know you're getting married to someone who you'd consider to be the one for you, but I would think that have been hiding your feelings well. I see how you look at me when you think I'm not paying attention, or how you feel so comfortable to tell me things. I'm so sorry for springing this all on you now, I meant to tell you before. I'm so in love with you...'

"Kalin! It's time to go down!" Danielle squealed through the door. I took a deep breath, "Okay, just give me a second." My voice cracked a little.

The door swung open and there revealed my best friend, "Babe come on, are you ready- What's wrong?" She saw the tears that began to develop in my eyes.

"I don't know if I want to do this anymore." I quietly spoke. Danielle dropped her arms to her sides, "What do you mean you don't want to do this anymore? You've been waiting for this day for forever. To be Mrs. Kalin Hood."

*** Hey babes, thank you for reading! Don't to vote, comment, and fan it really means a lot. Love you guys!***