Chapter 34: Lights and Cameras

*Kalin's POV*

"Calum!! You did not!" I covered my mouth to hide my reaction. The basement was dimly lit with candles in select places. Calum, with a permanent smile, sat on a mound of blankets in front of the TV.
It was a cute space for just the two of us to cuddle and be complete dorks.

"Babygirl, this isn't just for me, come sit." He held out his hand for me. Without any hesitation I grabbed it and quickly pecked his lips before sitting down. My baby is so cute, I'm so thankful.

"What is this for babe?" I hid my face with my hands. He sighed, "Stop hiding gorgeous," he moved my hands, "Oh and because I have the best girlfri- oops I mean, best fiancé ever." Calum smirked.
My cheeks began to burn, "That sounds amazing to hear." I giggled slightly.

"It sounds even better saying it, you say it now!" He squeezed my hands in excitement. I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"My fiancé is the most handsome man ever." The words rolled off of my tongue with such ease. My eyes widened, "That does sound fantastic."
I laid my head on his chest and listened to his racing heartbeat. Calum kissed the top of my head, "Babygirl, I hope you don't mind us sitting in the house instead of not going out."

I rubbed his hand, "I just wanted a night to spend with just you. No lights, no cameras, just my world in my arms." He wrapped his arms around my small frame. I looked at our interlaced fingers and smiled, "You're such a blessing, I'm so thankful for you Cal."
"Oh stop it you're going to make me cry," he wiped his imaginary tears from his cheeks. I playfully slapped the back of his head, "Don't patronize me."

"Kali! It's not that serious, calm down I was joking." He held his unharmed head. I turned my body to sit on his lap and faced him. My legs were on either side of him, "Baby," he rested his hands on my waist.
"Mhmm?" I mumbled against his lips. "I love you so much."

"I love you." I confessed. Calum slowly kissed my awaiting lips, and his grip became tighter on my waist. I brought my arms around his neck, I placed my hand on the back of his head to deepen our kiss. His calloused fingers crept up my shirt.
My heart began to race, I rocked my hips against him. Calum gasped and slightly tilted his head back, he brought his hand back down and tighten his grip. He helped me move against him. I slid my hands down his chest, I disconnected our lips to pull his shirt off.

He pressed his lips against mine, the kiss grew rougher and rougher within seconds. His hands fell down to my bum and he squeezed it, I gasped and he took the opportunity to glide his tongue in my mouth. He lifted me up and gently laid me on my back.
My phone began to ring, I groaned but chose to ignore it. Right now, right now really?? The ringing wouldn't stop, Calum pulled away from me, "Babygirl, just answer it." he sighed

He helped me up, I took my phone out of my pocket and placed it to my ear, "Hello?" Calum left little kisses on my neck causing me to giggle.
"YOU'RE ENGAGED?!" Danielle practically yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows and held my hand out for Cal to stop, "What are you talking about?"

"Look on Twitter! But that still doesn't answer my question, you're engaged?" She interrogated with excitement her voice. "Yes but, seriously try and keep it on the down low."
"That's kind of hard to do now, look on Twitter."

"Baby, go on Twitter." I ordered Cal, he pulled his phone out of his pocket I looked along with him. Calum scrolled through his timeline, greeted with everyone knowing about the engagement. "Okay, Danielle, but how do people know. Neither one of us had said anything." I looked at Calum and put her on speaker.
"Look at Michael's tweet." Calum exhaled loudly but did what she said.

'Congrats to Cal and Kali's engagement. PSA: Let's all try and not be upset, now that we've all lost the chance to be with someone we love.'

"What does that even mean? Why would he do that? He knows how I feel about my privacy." I ran my fingers through my hair. Calum kissed my temple, "It's okay babygirl, people were going to find out sooner or later."

"I was hoping for later." I sighed, "We won't have the chance to ever hangout in public, without getting bombarded with questions and rude statements." I shook my head, "Dani, I'll call you later."

"Okay, love you. Congrats!" She sang through the phone. "Thanks babe, love you too!" I hung up. "I don't like what you said." Calum stated. "The 5SOS Fam are who got the band and I to where we are today. Yeah not everyone is going to agree with what we're doing but, the Fam is always going to understand. For you to say that we can't go out do things now is ridiculous. Kalin, this my life now. This is your life now. Our life."

"I said it wrong. I didn't mean it like that." I shook my head. Calum stood up and walked away from me and up the stairs. "Calum!" I called after him, but received no response.

*** So hey guys! I'm so sorry for the long wait for the update. School has been... school and I'm struggling. I'm going to try and write whenever I have the chance for faster and better updates :) But yeah I hope you liked this short chapter. Don't forget to Vote, Comment & Fan (: love you guys and thank you for your patience. ***