Chapter 40: Change

*2 Years Later*

"I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Calum whisper yelled at me because I was holding our daughter, Calla Audrey Hood.

She was Calums little twin, and she was beautiful. She was the light in his world. When she was born three months ago, Calum changed.
I never thought it was possible for his heart to get any bigger, but it was. He was home a lot more, spending time cuddling with her. He always made sure she was happy.

"I never thought it was going to ever come up." I said as I rocked her to sleep.

"On our wedding day!" Calum paced back and forth in our bedroom. "Babe, please calm down. Come here."
"How am I supposed to calm down? I'm just now finding out that my best friend, my best man, was and probably still is in love with my wife!" He walked towards me.

I placed Calla in his arms, he instantly relaxed. He kissed her forehead and sat in the rocking chair. "Right Calla, dis is ridiculous." He spoke in baby talk to her.

He looked at me, "Why do you even still have that box?"

"What was I supposed to do with it? I never knew-"

"You always knew that I would find out! You kept it for a reason. You should have known I'd find it sooner or later. Was there something going on between you two?"

I scoffed and crossed my arms in front of my chest. I looked away from his eyes, if stares could kill. His would. "No, Calum. There wasn't, and isn't anything going on between him and I. For all I know, I'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with me."

Calum brushed past me into Calla's bedroom putting her in her crib. We haven't been on good terms lately. Everything just seemed to be falling apart, and I really didn't care enough to pick up the pieces.
He walked back in and closed the door before standing in front of me. "What? Was my attention not enough? So you hid the box for whenever you wanted to feel wanted?"

"Screw you, Calum. What is that supposed to mean?" Tears formed in my eyes, "I'm not wanted anymore?"
"Stop crying." He shook his head, "You always do that, you always try to play the victim. You cry, and then you leave! Whenever you don't like what I have to say, you leave. And it seems that every time we fight, I'm the one doing the chasing and the begging."

"Stop it." My voice cracked as the the tears slipped down my face.

"And every time we fight, it always seems to be because you're going out looking for attention from other guys. Dylan, Blake and now, Michael." He waited for me to respond, but there was honestly nothing for me to say. I couldn't speak, I was hurt.

"Am I not good enough?" He looked at me with glossy eyes.

"You are!" I yelled. I brushed my hands down my face, and brought all of my hair to one side. "Yeah, Calum, I will admit that sometimes I don't feel wanted. That doesn't mean that I go and look for attention from anyone else."
He rolled his eyes. "Can you stop it? I'm standing here trying to explain, and it would be nice if you could keep your reactions until the end. Thanks." I snapped, "You make me feel like I'm not good enough. I have to try so hard for your attention."

"How do I do that exactly?"

I began to laugh, "You're kidding right? You have to be kidding because how could you forget that a year ago, when I was pregnant with Calla. The multiple nights you didn't come home, because you were out sleeping with random girls!"

"You said that would never come up again."

"I don't care that I said it would never come up again! It should have never happened!" I said, shoving him in the process.
He was taken back by my action, and so I was I. No matter how mad I was, I didn't have to the right to put my hands on him. This isn't right. He looked away from me, "Look I know I made many mistakes but-"