Chapter twenty seven.

Izzie's P.O.V: 

I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, I wanted to break down but I couldn't. 

I couldn't because if I did, Emily might have jumped. 

I had to stay calm in hope that my best friend wouldn't jump of the chair and hang herself. 

I ran over and jumped onto Emily's table, while Niall ran round the front if the chair so Emily couldn't jump. 

I quickly untied the tie that was wrapped around her neck and Niall wrapped his arms around her waist and lowered her slowly. 

She didn't stay a word, she didn't protest, she just stayed emotionless, with tears trickling down her cheeks, yet no sobs escaped her lips. 

She didn't want to die. 

My best friend, my Emily just nearly killed herself, and if we'd have come a moment later, she might have just done that. 

I could barely cope with the thought, she was hurting so much she was actually willing to take her own life because it would be less painful than living like she is. 

And it hurt even more knowing I couldn't fix it. 

Only one person could fix this.

Niall laid Emily on her bed and pulled the covers over her, still she just lay in silence. 

He kissed her forehead and looked sympathetically at me, he knew what I wanted him to do just by the look on my face. 

He nodded, accepting my request, "I'll be right back babe", He whispered softly, and quietly left the room. 

I had to fight off the tears and stay strong for Emily, so I quickly crawled into bed beside her so she could cry on me and know I was here. 

That's what always happened when she was hurting, she cried on me until she had no tears left. 

I thought this time was different since she was just silent, but then as I laid beside her, she put head in the crook of my neck and began sobbing, and I couldn't help but sob too. 

And it was like old times, me and Em cuddled up in bed, sobbing our hearts about over some guy.

Harry's P.O.V: 

I was so close, I thought this was it, she was mine, but I let her slip through my fingers again. 

I couldn't sleep, how was I supposed to with all this guilt and regret running through my veins. 

Even Liam and Niall had gone to see her because from what I've heard, she isn't in a good way. 

I don't know what happened, all I know is it should be me over there comforting her, I loved her, not them, not anyone, not as much as me.

"Harry, you're phones going off again", Louis whispered as he sat up from the sofa, inspecting my phone. 

"I don't care, if it's not Emily then I don't care", I mumbled, I'd been ignoring all calls and messages all night, I just wasn't in the mood. 

"But Harry, it's Niall", Louis whispered, picking it up and holding it towards me. 

I peered down at the phone in his hand that was violently vibrating with Niall's name lighting the screen. 

"I think you should answer mate, he's with her", Zayn urged from the other side of me. 

My blood boiled knowing that he was there and I wasn't. 

I sighed and took the phone from Louis grasp and got up from the sofa and walked in to my room, before answering it. 

"Hello?", I whispered weakly.