Chapter fifty.

Chapter 50... Wow.
I'm so sad that this story is coming to an end, and I really don't want it to, because when it does, that means I'll no longer write on wattpad again. And that's hurts me, but I don't have a choice.
I will still be here, just not writing.

Anyway...

Harry's P.O.V:
"Wake up baby, it's Christmas", I smiled, tapping Emily softly.
She opened her eyes with a big grin on her face.
"Merry Christmas handsome", She smiled.
"Merry Christmas Em", I beamed down at her beautiful face.
The beauty of that moment lasted seconds because the excitement was too overwhelming.
"Come on", I declared, throwing the quilt onto the floor, "It's Christmas", I yelled loudly.
Emily laughed adorably, and jumped off the bed, taking my hand as we ran down stairs.
Mum, Robin, Gemma and Gemma's boyfriend Liam were already sat in the living room surrounded by masses of presents.
"Happy Christmas", I beamed.
"Merry Christmas", Emily smiled widely.
"Happy Christmas", Everyone smiled and we took it in turns hugging everyone.
"Can we open presents now, I'm too excited", Gemma grinned childishly.
"Right, basically we take it in turns opening a present each, it's just tradition I suppose, is that alright with you?", I asked Emily.
"Perfect", She said sweetly.
"Emily darling, that pile are your presents", Mum said pointing to a big pile, next to the Christmas tree, and my presents.
"Mine?", Em stuttered, her eyes falling on the pile.
"Are you sure, I don't think they'll all be for me", Emily said, confused and shocked.
"They're definitely all yours babe", I smiled.
"I've never had so many presents in my life Harry", Emily whispered softly, her eyes still fixed on the presents.
"Merry Christmas babe", I whispered, kissing her cheek softly.
We both went and sat beside our big piles of presents.
"Mum, you open one first", I smiled happily.
I could tell this Christmas would be the best one yet.

Emily's P.O.V:
It was amazing, being here, everyone was so happy, opening their presents, and beautiful ones at that.
I hoped they all liked mine, I didn't really know them yet as much as I'd like to, so Harry helped me pick some of them.
I bought Anne some expensive wine, and a necklace and earrings, I bought Gemma a bag and a dress, I bought Robin some aftershave, and Liam some beer, they all seemed really happy and grateful which was a relief, they made me feel like one of the family.
And they definitely spoiled me too.
I got a beautiful dress, pair of heels, necklace and body lotions, which was unexpected since they've known me such a short time.
"Emily, it's your turn.", Harry said.
I nodded, browsing my pile, and I picked a small, thin present, it looked like someone had wrapped an envelope up, and it intrigued me, so I decided to open that one.
I flipped it over and read the label.
It read, "Emily and Harry, you two deserve the world.
We love you.
From Izzie, Niall, Perrie, Zayn, Louis, Eleanor, Liam and Danielle, xxx".
I passed it to Harry so he could read it, and he looked at me puzzled.
"It's for me and Em, from all the guys and girls", Harry explained to his family.
He passed it me back, "You open it".
I did as he said and slowly peeled back the wrapping paper.
It revealed two plane tickets, and a note.
Hey guys, you're probably confused. But the story is, you're both going to Hawaii, for 2 weeks on the 20th June. You're booked in a 5* hotel. We hope you enjoy it, you deserve it. These are your plane tickets. Love you lots x x.

A huge lump formed in my throat, and tears fell, as I passed it over to Harry.
I felt awful, because Iz knew I'd always dreamed of going to Hawaii, and now I had the chance go- with the love of my life- and I wouldn't be taking it.
"Excuse me", I whispered, quickly passing Harry the note and rushing off to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.
Damn it what do I do now?
How am I supposed to face him and tell him I'm so excited, and lie to his face like this?
I really don't think I can.

Right on queue there's a knocking on the bathroom door.
"Em, are you ok?", Harry asked worriedly.
I can't reply.
"We don't have to go- if you don't want to", Harry adds nervously, breaking my heart with every word, "Em.. Please talk to me".
I couldn't hurt him like this.
I opened the door, and put on a smile.
"Sorry, I just needed the bathroom. I can't wait to go to Hawaii with you Harry", I smiled sweetly, kissing his cheek gently.
"I thought you didn't want to come", He chuckled nervously, squeezing my hand.
"Of course I do, I couldn't have asked for anything better", I smiled, "I just got a little bit overwhelmed.. I'm not used to this, things like this don't happen to me Harry".
"They do now princess, because you deserve it, more than anybody I know", Harry whispered, putting his hands on my cheeks.
Oh Emily, what have you done.

Niall's P.O.V:
"Iz, Harry just text me", I said.
"What's it say?", She asked, a little preoccupied with her presents from her parents.
"Erm he put, hi Niall, can't thank you guys enough for mine and Emily's present, it's perfect, we are both so happy. Hope you and Iz are having the best Christmas. See you at new year bro, big love", I smiled as I read it out loud.
"Aw that's cute. I bet Emily screamed when she found out", Iz beamed giddily.
"Shall we open our presents from them so I can thank them before when I text back" I suggested.
"Yeah sure", Iz agreed.
"You go first", I smiled.
She nodded and picked out a present from the pile, peering at the label and reading it, "To Iz. You have been the best friend to both of us in the last few months. We can't ever repay you for what you've done but we hope you enjoy this. We love you, love Emily and Harry".
It was true, Iz had been an amazing friend to the both of them.
She opened the present, but I couldn't tell what it was.
"Aw Niall, it's a weekend for two at titanic spa. That's the spa that all the celebrities go to, it must be so expensive!", She exclaimed.
"You deserve it baby", I grinned happily.

Harry's P.O.V:
All the presents were finally opened, except my presents to Emily, and her presents to me.
I was praying she liked them.
"You go first Harry", She smiled softly.
"Are you sure?", I asked, secretly wanting her to save hers until last.
She nodded firmly.
There were three presents altogether.
First I opened the small box shaped present, which revealed a small, brown box, I lifted the lid to find a gold-plated, Rolex watch.
"Em..", I whispered softly, "you shouldn't have".
"Shut up you idiot, I wanted to", She teased playfully.
I quickly kissed her cheek and passed the watch to my mum to pass around the others.
"Oh Em, it's lovely", Anne grinned, "you're spoilt Harry!".
"I know", I beamed at Em who blushed a little.
I grabbed the present which was square and quite chunky.
I tore off the wrapping paper to be left with a huge white book, and written on the front in silver glitter the words 'I love you'.
My heart melted.
I slowly turned the page to reveal pictures of me and Emily together.
The first was the picture I took when I came to see her in L.A and spent the night; just me and her, the day I got her back.
She'd dated and written a little about every photo.
There was one of us at the beach.
Me pushing her on the swings.
The time when she attempted to do my make up, and when I tried to do hers (spoiler alert: it went horribly wrong).
There was pictures of us backstage when she first came to see us on tour; her first ever concert.
A picture of all ten of us at Emily's house (taken by Jake).
A picture of me and Emily laid on the sofa cuddling, taken without our knowing.
A picture of me, Emily, Iz and Niall pulling stupid faces.
A picture of us before we went to a nightclub in L.A.
A picture of us kissing.
A picture of her asleep on me.
A picture of us on the aeroplane.
A picture of us at the party the other day.
And so many more.
It was the most meaningful and overwhelming gift I'd ever received in my life.
"It's... Perfect", I stuttered, struggling to get the words out.
"So are you", Em whispered softly, I could see her eyes watering as she'd been looking at the pictures with me.
I passed it my mum, knowing her and Gemma would be dying to look through it.
"I love you", I smiled to Em, kissing her soft lips.
"I love you", She replied, a small smile on her lips.
"Open the last one", She whispered.
I nodded and grabbed it, it was small and square.
I opened it to reveal my favourite aftershave, One Million.
"You know I love this", I grinned.
She smirked, "Look underneath it".
I lifted it up and noticed to pieces of card, I lifted them out of the paper and read what them.
Two tickets to skydive.
It had always been a dream of mine ( and Louis'); Emily knew that.
"It's for you and Louis, I know how much you've always wanted to skydive. Now you can", She smiled sweetly.
"You are the best girlfriend in the entire world and I don't know where I would be without you", I admitted, embracing her in a hug, I could feel her stiffen up.
"What's up Em?", I asked, pulling away.
"Nothing Harry, I'm just happy", She smiled, but it didn't look very real to me.

Emily's P.O.V:
I'm not going to lie, I was dreading opening Harry's presents.
All I would feel is guilt.
But the time eventually came when I had to.
I grabbed the one closest to me nervously.
It was really big and soft, and when I pulled off the wrapping paper it revealed a pillow.
Just an ordinary white pillow.
And on top was a little note, which read...
'Em, you're probably wondering why I got you an ordinary pillow. But that's the thing, it isn't an ordinary pillow. It's called a long-distance pillow, they come in pairs. I have the other... The purpose of them is when I can't be with you, I'm still with you. When you're laid on your pillow at night, mine will light up, and the other way round. So I'm always close to you.'

I looked up at Harry who was watching me intently, awaiting a reaction.
"Harry that's adorable", I smiled.
"Seriously what happened to my brother, when did he become so nice?", Gemma chuckled.
"Em happened", Harry winked at me.
I blushed- again.

The next present was small and thin... I opened it to reveal a note.
'I couldn't wrap this for you. So instead I thought I'd just write it... I've been dying to tell you about it. After new year, I won't see you for a while.. But in February me and you are going to Paris. A whole week, just me and you. I can't wait to spend it with you beautiful'.
I could feel a lump form in my throat and tears building up in my ducts.
But I was determined not to cry.
"I've always wanted to go to Paris", I managed to mumble.
"Now you can", Harry smiled, taking my hand in his.
"Thank you", I whispered.
"Anything for you", Harry whispered back.

There was only one final present, and it was a tiny little box.
A flipped the lid open to the most beautiful diamond ring I've ever seen in my life.
Oh. My. God.

This can't be happening.
My throat became dry and I froze in my spot.
I could feel everybody's eyes burning into me as I looked down at the ring.
"Don't worry Em, I'm not proposing", Harry explained.
A flood of relief rushed through me as I exhaled deeply.
"Well not yet anyway", Harry added, "It's a promise ring. I promise I will always be yours, as long as you'll have me. And one day, it will be replaced by a wedding ring".
My heart clenched.
I wanted to burst into tears right there because I only wish I could marry him.

And then memories of that phone call came back, sending shudders down my spine.

FLASHBACK:
"Hello?", I mumbled.
"Hello is this Emily Roberts?", A deep, manly voice asked.
"Yes. Who's asking?", I asked skeptically.
"Hello Emily, my name's John, I'm the head at modest management, and I think we need a chat".
My heart began beating out of my chest.
Modest Management where One Direction's management and I could tell this wasn't good news.
"How can I help you sir?", I asked nervously.
"Well Emily, it's come to my attention that you and Harry are getting rather serious, and I'm afraid that isn't going to be possible for much longer", John explained.
"W-what do you mean?", I stuttered.
"Well you must know Harry has quite the reputation of a player and flirt,which we have tried very hard to erase", John began, " But you have made this difficult, or he has. See if he was just in a relationship with you it wouldn't be a problem, in fact it would be great for his reputation. But we understand that he is going to be a father, and you are not the mother. So the situation, you see, isn't ideal".
My heart sank because I knew what was coming, but there was just no way I could prepare for what was coming next.
"You and Harry can't be together. If you care for him you have to let him go because it will only damage his reputation more that he is having a baby with someone who isn't his girlfriend", John explained, "I'm a reasonable man, so you have until the New Year together, if it lasts that long", He chuckled at his own remark.
He was actually making a joke out of the fact he had just shattered my whole world.
"B-but I love him", I whispered.
"You may think you do, dear. But let's be honest, it was never going to work, you're just an ordinary girl, and he's a pop star. He's a father. And he's living on the other side of the world. If you really love him Emily, you will let him go".
I gulped hard, knowing he was right, I had to let him go.
"Ok", I whispered defeated, as tears trickled down my cheek.
"Good. Oh and Emily, make sure you never tell anybody of this conversation, especially not Harry. You have to make sure he thinks you want to leave him, or he won't let you. I think we both know how stubborn he can be", John said quickly.

***********************
So the secret is out! Well for you guys anyway.
You know now why Emily's been acting so sad and strange lately.
And that leaving Harry isn't her choice...
I hope you like it.
I'm really sorry....

Love you all xxxxx