Chapter twenty eight

Emily's P.O.V: 

I shuffled forward and somewhat attempted to haul myself up, but I soon shot back down to my bed due to the sharp pain in my stomach causing me to wince in pain. 

I lay in the comfort of my silence, not attempting to get up again knowing it was too painful. 

I kept having flashbacks of my dream, they were so real, like Harry was actually here just a few hours ago, and truth be told I liked the feeling a lot. 

I'd kill just for one more minute with him. 

I regret turning him away yesterday, maybe my dream was a sign telling me I shouldn't have, but I didn't know what else to do. 

I thought I was doing him a favour, but now, I don't even know what I was doing. 

But in the heat of the moment it was all I could come up with. 

I sighed recalling my actions over and over again, unable to erase the memory of me closing the door on his innocent face. 

Why would I do that?

Then I started to recall what happened after that. 

The vodka. 

I was drunk. 

I'm such an idiot.

As I mentally slapped myself for my stupidity, there was a light knock on my bedroom door. 

"Come in", I winced, as the pain returned as I spoke. 

The door slowly opened and Jake entered my room, a faint smile on his face. 

A flood of relief washed over me, "I'm so glad you're here", I smiled weakly, trying to cover the pain I was experiencing. 

He smiled and walked over to me, embracing me in a tight hug. 

I couldn't help but shriek in pain. 

"Em",He exclaimed, jumping back, "Are you ok?". 

"I'm fine", I whispered, holding my arms out to him, "Can I have another hug?", I smiled weakly. 

He smiled in relief and again embraced me in another hug. 

I gritted my teeth, baring the pain, because I needed this hug right now. 

"Jake", I whispered in his ear, and before I knew it, I was sobbing on his shoulder, "I screwed up". 

"No babe, no you haven't", Jake soothed. 

We finally pulled away and he perched on the edge of my bed, facing me. 

"Em you did the right thing. We can get through this together, I'm here always", He smiled weakly, grabbing my hand and squeezing it tightly. 

I nodded my head in appreciation, unable to get the words out I wanted to say to him. 

"I had a dream, he was here, with me", I mumbled. 

Jake took his gaze from mine and looked to the ground. 

He let go of my hand and began fumbling in his jean pocket, until he pulled out a small piece of paper. 

He held it in his hand, and glanced at me hesitantly whilst biting his lip. 

"Here", He murmured, holding the piece of paper towards me, "This is for you". 

I took the paper from his grasp and looked down at it. 

It had my name scribbled across it, in Harry's hand writing.

Harry's P.O.V: 

I paced up and down running my fingers through my brown curls. 

We were live on American television in 5 minutes and she hadn't called me or text me. 

She told me she loved me, surely that counts for something. 

But now I wasn't so sure. 

"Harry calm down, I'm sure she's just not awake yet. It's only 10:30 and she had a rough night. It'll be ok", Liam said from behind me, giving me a firm tap on the back, in some attempt to comfort me. 

It didn't work. 

"But what if she is awake, what if she read it and didn't bother to reply, because she's finally realised she's way too good for me and I don't deserve her", I mumbled, expressing my thoughts. 

"Harry she loves you, anybody can see that, you hurt her though, you can't just expect instant forgiveness", Liam sighed, turning me by my shoulders to face him, "Time is greatest healer". 

I sighed and nodded knowing he was right, like always. 

"Now come on, we're on in two minutes", Liam urged, grabbing my arm. 

I was about to oblige when I shook off his grip and ran back to the dressing table, "Let me just check my phone, one more time". 

"Fine", He sighed, "Hurry up!". 

I nodded and grabbed my phone, with little expectations. 

I thought I was dreaming at first, seeing things, was it real? 

Had Emily really just text me?

Emily's P.O.V 

I unfolded the piece of paper, and prepared myself as I read the words he'd written. 

"I guess letter writing is my thing now, anything to talk to you. I don't know whether it makes a difference, maybe you'll just tear this up and throw it away, but I'll still write to you, I need you to know I do love you, and I'll tell you and tell you until you believe it. Last night was magical, I had you in my arms for one night and I'll cherish that moment forever until I see you again, and I will Emily. I have to see you again. I'm not going to waste any more of your time right now, please text me, even if it says you never want to see me again, I just want to know you're alright - 02727362924. And I'm sorry I had to leave you this morning, we had to travel to Orlando, we have an interview later and a show. I love you princess, always. Love Harry x

He was really here with me last night? 

It wasn't just a dream? 

I told him I loved him, and he told me he loved me, just the thought that it actually happened made it hard for me to breathe.

I couldn't take this anymore.

A tear fell from my eyes, which was soon wiped away from a familiar hand, I looked up to see Jake with his eyes fixed on me. 

I dismissed him for a moment and grabbed my phone from my bedside table, taking the note in my other hand and carefully typing his number into my phone. 

My fingers shook with each word I typed, this should've been done a while ago, and I could've saved myself a whole lot of pain.

***************************** 

I'm just gonna say I love you all so much and your comments literally make my day so please don't stop ! :) 

And since this chapter is really short, if I get a few votes on it, I'll update tomorrow :) 

I have a few chapters without dedications, if you want me, let me know :) 

Vote 

Comment  

Share

Xoxoxo