Chapter fifty two.

Woooo I got tickets for Mcbusted!! So stoked to hear about them!! Anyone else going? Sorry, I know it's irrelevant but I'm just so happy and excited!

Anyway on with the story.

I had trouble picking the song for this chapter but I finally decided on the one attached because its perfect and although it makes me sad, I love it so much. I hope you do too.

Harry's P.O.V:

"You ok?", I heard a voice say from behind me.

Of course it was Lou.

Although he's a massive idiot, he cares for his friends a lot, especially me after the tough time I gave him before Emily.

I nodded slowly.

"Yeah...", I whispered feebly, "I mean, it'll fly, right?".

"Course it will mate", He smiled reassuringly, patting my back firmly.

I returned the smile but I can't stop picturing Emily sobbing against my chest.

She looked genuinely heartbroken, like I don't think I've ever seen her so upset- and I've seen her upset a lot.

"We're all going to the cinema later if you fancy it?", Lou asked.

"Na, don't really wanna be the tag along with all the couples", I chuckled lowly.

"Come on man, it might take your mind off things", Lou pleaded.

I shook my head, "I'm tired anyway, didn't sleep much, you guys go. I'll be fine".

"Alright, see you later then", Louis smiled softly, probably sensing the awkwardness arising.

I nodded and walked off to my bedroom, sinking into my bed, when I felt something pointy sticking into my back.

I fidgeted about and grabbed whatever it was from behind me.

An envelope, with my name on.

In Emily's handwriting.

My heart sunk instantly.

I knew this couldn't be good.

My heart began racing, my palms sweating and my hands were literally shaking as I stared at the letter I held in my hands.

I slid my finger underneath the seal and ripped it open quickly.

I pulled out the letter and out fell the promise ring I'd given Emily for Christmas Day.

Why would she give me that back?

Take a deep breath, and read the words scribbled on the letter I told myself mentally although it was the last thing I wanted to do.

Harry,

I just want to tell you I love you. I love you so much it hurts, and I can honestly say you have made me the happiest girl I've ever been. But because I love you, I have to let you go, and you have to let me. There are so many reasons why we shouldn't be together, but they never mattered to me, the only thing that mattered was I loved you, and you loved me. But things are changing, and I can't do it any more, as much as it breaks my heart, I have to do the right thing this time, for both of us. And while you read this letter you probably hate me, but I could never hate you. I'm in love with you. Completely and utterly in love with you Harry Styles, in fact I can't quite see me ever not loving you. Please remember that while you're hating me for doing this. And please remember all the happy memories we shared, especially this Christmas, you made me so happy Harry, and I would have loved to marry you. We met at the wrong time, that's what I keep telling myself. Maybe one day we will meet again and things might work out differently. You probably don't understand why I'm doing this, just walking away, but I hope one day you understand, and maybe even forgive me. This is the hardest decision I've ever made so please don't make this harder than it already is, don't try and contact me, because my mind is made up. But just because I'm not with you physically, know that I am still here, listening to your songs, singing along and supporting you and the boys always. I know that one day you will find a girl and she will be the girl of your dreams, you'll get married, start a family, and you'll get what you deserve Harry. I'm sorry it isn't me.