Hibernating with Liz

I finally stopped laughing and dissolved my disguise, which only shook Ax's mind more. "What...? I don't know the meaning of my life... my life is but a fly, hovering above a vat of shit... life has no meaning the moment you lose the illusion of being eternal... hell is other people..."

Ax came in hurriedly. "Sister! Sister, what happened? ...Did that man do anything to you?" He looked at me, lying down on the carpet from the fits of laughter, with my red eyes from the tears that I shed from pure enjoyment, and him, who was disheveled and now in a daze. Then I realized the position that I was in, and sat up hurriedly. Ahhh, if Mother saw my posture, she'd kill me... but I couldn't help it... pfft...

"Ax, I should do this to you sometime. It's reaaally fun! I mean, did you see what he looks like right now? HAHAHAHAHA!!!" I started laughing again and rolling around the floor.

"Sister... with me..." He mumbled and blushed. "Sister... did you do it with that man, too?" He glanced at the dazed Ax with killing intent apparent in his aura.

"Yeah, duh. Why do you think I was laughing like crazy?" I asked.

"..."

"We should go prank Father, too? Mother likes teasing Father, so she'll probably like doing this, too..." I mumbled.

"...What? Y-you want to do... what? J-just what is going on, Sister?"

After his question, I explained everything to Ax and to Little Al, with small giggles and cackles, of course.

----

"You... are the heir to House Novea... the duke's daughter, the graceful and beautiful prodigy, the flower of nobility... Alice...? So the reason you dissed the Idiot Prince is... ohhh..."

"Haaa... Sister, don't scare me like that. Also, such an attitude is improper for a noble to show... and what exactly happened during that 'vacation' of yours? And how does this man know of the name 'Idiot Prince'? And, just who is this 'Lizzy'? I would very much like to see them, Sister. Open your space, now, understood?" Brother was busy chiding me for my reckless and 'unladylike' behaviour.

I just looked away and pouted. "Al... you know I'm always like this... just don't tell Mother and Father about my behaviour, and I'll be in the clear... I don't act like this in front of my network and other nobles, so I'll be fine..." I grumped.

"Sister... Haaa, fine. Just show me this Lizzy, and I will forgive you, okay?"

"Okay, Little Al~ I can always rely on you to keep my secrets~" I chirped happily.

Ax finally snapped out of his state of stupefaction. "Wait. You said you'd show me your familiar, too, before, so bring me along with you, Nov- I mean, Alice."

"How presumptuous! To call Sister that! And my sister would never allow you into her space!" Al declared.

"Oh, really? But she let me into her bed..." Ax said snidely.

Al whipped his head around and looked at me menacingly. "Sister... is this true? Please tell me this impudent man is lying."

I gulped and turned away. I did leave some parts out of my explanation... like the fact that I'm an S-ranked hunter named Nova... or the fact that my familiar is a dragon... and stuff. Technically, I did let him into my space... and my bed... but I also let an assassin in my bed to watch movies! Uhhh... I'm conflicted...

"...Y-yes, Little Al, he's lying..." I could only agree to Al's claim. What would happen to me if I told him the truth? I'd have to play... gulp... dressup again... Or worse... I thought, shivering, A death glare from Ax was nothing compared to Devil Al's methods of horrible torture. But I have to take Ax's side, or else Little Al or Devil Al will never let me near my best friend again!