The Stairway to Fairydom

I woke up at 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon. My head was pounding, it felt like there was a bumblebee trying to break loose from my skull. "Damn... what was I doing all night...?" I groaned and sat up. [SALVATION TO THOSE WHO HAVE SINNED, THOSE WHO HAVE HURT. FIND THOSE WHO SUFFER, AND OFFER THEM A GIFT. RUN TO THOSE WHO HAVE COWERED AND THOSE WHO ENDURE PAIN, AND END THEIR ANGUISH.]

I pressed my forefinger on my forehead, and soon, a bright light illuminated the room and my headache disappeared. "Ahhh, the benefits of having light magic..." I sighed in relief.

"Master, you're awake." A shadow appeared from behind me with a slight, almost silent whoosh.

I blinked and nodded. "Yeah. I've finished 'packing'. Let's get breakfast. Call the others, then we'll leave for the Kingdom of Fairies." Rain bowed and whooshed away to who knows where. I thumped down the stairs with my luggage rolling down the crooked wooden planks with a thump.

I arrived at the restaurant on the first floor. "Ma'am. I'll have a tent of pancakes and some milk, please." I told her before taking a seat. She was looking at me weird, since what I just ordered was breakfast food, but whatever.

The inn was bustling at this time of day. Adventurers and travelers coming in and out of the restaurant, people staying in line to get a room before the true rush hour came at 3:00 p.m. The food soon came, and so did my shadows. I gave them a bag of gold coins and told them to spend them as they wished. We soon left the town after having a bit of fun. Since I wanted to go faster, I shoved the four shadows into my space and flew the rest of the way to the fairy kingdom. Since I left in the evening, I had to pull an all-nighter to get there (much to my dismay). Since I wanted to 'rough it', and I already swore I wouldn't go into my space until the end of break, I was tired and my hair was wind-blown and messy.

I finally got to the entrance of the fairy kingdom. The sight was beautiful. With grand golden gates and a long, marble staircase which looked like it led to heaven, the shining sun and ethereal clouds with a tinge of pink...

"Wow..." I murmured, opening my portal and haphazardly yanking out the four shadows from my space while keeping my eyes on the grand sight in front of me.

----

The kingdom was vast and majestic. Colorful wings in all shapes were flying around the sky. I gasped in awe. Wow... I was speechless.

I wandered around the city until I finally got tired of walking and started levitating using gravity magic. Fairies were looking at me strangely, as I was a beastgirl right now, and beastpeople couldn't use magic. But whatevs. I felt like a tourist, ogling all of the sights and buying unnecessarily expensive things from the shrine as a pointless souvenir.

After jumping around the capital, I finally arrived at the palace. I tried to go over it by flying but I collided into a barrier. Wow. Deja vu much? I thought as I rubbed my sore nose and forehead grumpily.

"You can't be here, miss." A deep voice resounded behind me. I turned around and my eyes almost rolled out of my head. "The air over the palace is restricted, I'm afraid." S-so beautiful. I looked at him with starry eyes.

A fairy, clad in shining armor, with white wings behind him that made him look like an angel. No, a butterfly angel.

He frowned. "Did you not hear me, miss?" I continued to look at him. Should I take a picture? No, he'd just think a phone is a weapon and break it. "Miss... please leave before I use force."

I woke up from my trance and shook my head to fully wake myself up. "Miss, please. Beastwomen are much weaker than fairies, if you don't leave the premises and I'll be forced to escort you out, I'm afraid you'll get hurt and die." What is that supposed to mean?

"Sir, I'm not flying in the palace airspace. I'm outside. You have no right to force me outside the kingdom for that." I frowned and retorted.

"This is why women are... forget it, just leave. I won't hurt you if you go. NOW GO!" His harsh tone made me pissed off.

I scowled. Women are what? Hmmm, what did you say, Knight? "Sir, this is a violation of law. You are forcefully moving someone who isn't breaking any laws."

"Just go!" He looked peeved too, and took my arm forcefully, trying to fly me out. "I can't believe a women is... seriously, can't they just be obedient and stay quiet... this is why..."

I snapped. "What did you say to me, asshole?"

A huge explosion was heard.