To the Devil's Castle, I Go

What happens when you put an 'Alice' and a 'thing that looks satisfying to blow up'?

The thing goes boom.

It's a natural reaction.

Take half the demons that were formerly residing in the Atruln Forest, for example.

They all went boom.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! DIE, PEASANTS! AHAHAHAHAHA!!! GAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Hurricane Alice bellowed and laughed maniacally as she blew up half the forest with crazed eyes.

...As I said before, 'it's a natural reaction'.

----

Huge shakes from the mid part of the forest were heard. If one listened closely, they could hear the rumbling and booming jumping closer and closer to the central part of the Atruln. To the Devil's Castle.

"Oooh! It seems another barrier is here~ how fun! Fufufufufu~" I pressed my hand on the transparent intangible barrier and exerted an extreme amount of force onto it. "Oh~! It looks like this one isn't going to break so easily~ what a pleasant challenge~" I grinned and infused mana into it before chanting and breaking it once more.

"And down goes another barrier~ hehehehe, Devil~ I'm coming for you~ kekekekekekeke~"

Who was the real Devil here? No one will know.

❅   ❅    ❅   ❅

There were many things to do when waiting for incompetent people. The first choice, and my personal preference, is just to blow them up and get on with my life. The more boring second choice is to actually wait for them to catch up and slow my pace to match them.

I think that for once, I'll have to act using the second choice.

Yes, I am well aware I could just go, but I have this strange pulling sensation in my heart that makes me think, 'Alice, going in by yourself just wouldn't be right.' And it had to happen right after I finally broke down the final barrier, too...

What a buzzkill.

-----

I can't believe I actually waited for the party. What was I thinking? Waiting for incompetence embodied for five days. I destroyed all the barriers. I entered the castle walls. I was ready and waiting to fight. Really, why did I bother waiting so long for the so-called hero that couldn't even keep up with me?

I probably was so ahead of them that Hollem and the others must have had to destroy all the barriers again, because the barriers must have regenerated by the time they got there. At least, that's what I think. If not, then my respect for the Devil and the demon race in general would plummet.

What was I even thinking, really.

"Shuri...!" A voice resounded from behind me. I was surprised for the first time in a long time. Five presences were behind me. Why didn't I know, why was I surprised? That was because the innermost barrier was blocking my ability to sense presences and auras. Apparently, it was only recently broken, as it broke down approximately five seconds ago. I'm guessing the person behind it was Xencrynn, Geo, or Hollem.

I swung my head and held my startled heart. "Hey guys~ haven't seen you in a week~" I laughed and skipped around their bloody selves.

Penny was clutching a seemingly broken shoulder, Xencrynn looked like half his face was dead, which surprisingly reminded me of Zuko from 'Avatar', Geo was bloody all over, but didn't look like he sustained any injuries, Henrik... what could I say except he looked half dead, and Hollem... oh, poor Hollem... what was going on with him? It looked like it fell off the face of the planet and reappeared back before falling again one hundred times. All in all, it seemed like they were broken toys.

Ahhh, they really are useless without me, huh? Sigh... I guess I'm just *hair flip* too OP for my own good.

I jumped up and used magic to hover over them before kissing them all in the forehead. It was unnecessary, but I just wanted to act like a full-fledged fucking saintess, you know? Bright light soon enveloped the broken toys and after around five minutes (and a fourth of my mana disappearing, damn they really are useless without me), they returned to normal.

They all glanced at their now restored limbs and looked at me with admiration and surprise (well, you know, maybe besides Geo). "You guys really are useless, huh~ can't even handle one week without me~ ahahahaha~ useless~" I danced around them and whispered happy insults into their ears. Soon, Geo joined in.

"Hahahaha~ you're all useless~ am I the only one who didn't get hurt~ geez, all useless~"

After a few (minutes? hours? days?) of taunting them and spinning around, I was finally stopped and questioned.

"How did you even get here without us? And without a scratch, no less?"

"Oooh~ good question, Hollem~ I'll answer this one~ I have an uncle... a friend, who helps me out from time to time~"

"A friend?! A friend who can get you all the way to the Devil's Castle?! JUST A FRIEND?!"

"Yeah~ you might have heard of him~ Selen~ the Archmage of Vistas~ although he could only take me to the middle of the forest, I had to knock down all the barriers by myself~ so technically, he didn't get me all the way to the Devil's Castle~"

"EHHH?!"

"He~ he~ he~"

"I'll go. How did you break down the barriers by yourself? It takes so much mana, even for the powerful me to do it. And the barriers just keep getting stronger as you keep going!"

"Oh~! Those things that the 'great and powerful Xencrynn' find hard to do~? Hahahaha~ sorry, love, you're nowhere close to my level of expertise~ I'm afraid that you'll only be able to compare your ant-like self to me once you get a million times stronger, or maybe even a billion~ see~?" I gestured towards the innermost barrier right next to us that had just completely regenerated and focused some of my mana to the tip of my finger.

Then, with a little, small flick (and a bit of physical enhancement added to the mix) a huge boom occurred, loud enough to break everyone's eardrums, and instantly, the barrier dissipated. "Hahahahaha~! I always love the sound of breaking barriers~ so fun~"

"...I'm next. HOW ARE YOU FLYING RIGHT NOW WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE LIGHT MAGIC?! I know you're blessed by the goddess, but how is that possible?!"

"Oh, dear god." I released my magic and jumped down onto the ground. I then promptly stood up, walked up to the idiot who just asked that question, and smacked my forehead right in front of his face. "You guys are really stupid, huh? Even after all the hints I dropped, you still don't get it?" On the side, Geo was nodding along with me with an exasperated expression plastered onto his facial features. Penny just sat down on the ground lazily, probably thinking the same thing as what I said while rolling her upturned almond shaped eyes.

"You really think that I just have light magic?" I laughed and grinned maniacally. Giant, blazing balls of violet and blue fire appeared behind me. I flew upward, perching on top of them, looking down at the horrified group of people before studying my nails nonchalantly.

"No, fufu, goodness no, dears. I am much more powerful than all of you by far. Hahaha, I could kill all of you in a second if I wanted to. I am the prodigy of the century, the heir to the Novea Ducal House... Alice Enthu Novea, after all."

(Author's Note: Hey guys! So, I'm going to, like, accelerate the story, I guess. I ended up writing a bit more chapters than what I anticipated when I started the story, so... I'm gonna try and shorten it, make it faster, you know. Okay, see ya!)