Her Peaceful Academy Life

The Big Four. Also known as the princes of the four kingdoms. A vampire, a beastman, an elf, and a fairy. All bundled into one little fraternity. Admired for their looks, brains, and status. The subject of love, admiration, jealousy, loathing for all the students on the campus.

They were the big guns.

So why was one of them talking to me, an ordinary, brown haired ordinary normal typical normal standard regular conventional everyday girl?!

I have absolutely no idea.

The Prince of the Fairy Kingdom. White, silky hair, and purple faded into blue eyes. Perfectly sculpted features. Blue and black monarch butterfly wings behind his back. The definition of a bishōnen, right in front of my chubby little face.

"Mixuni. I can call you that, right?" He asked while smiling gracefully. I nodded absentmindedly. "You're a transfer student... so, how is your campus life so far?"

"...Good." I nodded and saw his wings twitch. S-so cute...

"I saw that Ms. Svennal gives you a hard time in class... it's good she's gone."

"...Yeah."

"I wonder why she decided to leave?"

"...Me too."

It was a one sided conversation. He would speak to me, and I would answer. Kind of sad, but I was distracted, and was using all of my brainpower not to touch the prince's cool looking wings and caress his nice face. What can I say? I guess I'm weak to prettiness.

"I think a vampire spilled blood in that classroom, though. There was a bit of red liquid on my chair."

"...Oh, really."

"...Well, it was nice meeting you, Mixuni. I'll see you around, then!" He turned around, giving the sun a chance to make his wings shine brilliantly, and ambled away. Completely unlike royalty. His posture, way of talking, and aura is all screaming friendly. He's pretty, too. Hmmm... this continent really is so strange in some ways.

----

It was the end of the day, and students were streaming back into their respective dorms. The sun was beginning to set, with orange and purple undertones projected on the sky. The wind blew, ever so slightly, at the brown haired figure with a book in hand, lying down on the slanted ground.

She felt untethered, free. There were no disturbances, no need for talking, just, free. That is, until she looked up and saw a glimpse of black and blue translucent butterfly wings. Damn. I cursed my stupidity in thinking that no one would be up here.

"Hello, Mixuni. What might you be doing here?"

"Reading." I think I've developed an immunity to his beauty after one meeting. As expected of me.

"How did you get up here?"

"Please leave me alone, I don't like talking to others if I don't have to." I told him honestly before turning my attention back to the book.

I didn't hear anything from his side. He was probably speechless. No one must've talked to him like that until now. Not because of his status, since that doesn't equate to much compared to home, but because of his sociable and friendly personality.

When he heard that coming from me, he probably didn't know how to respond and could only watch me for a minute while regaining his thought process.

"Hmmm... did you use air magic to get up here? You are an elf, it makes sense if you do."

I didn't respond and continued to ignore his smooth, pretty voice while reading the book about a vampire's [Blood] instinct and how it reacts to females.