The Inscriptions

(Author's Note: Hey, sorry I didn't update yesterday... I have a perfectly reasonable explanation, though! Mm-hm, yup yup! It was because I was too lazy to~ I am, after all~ a MASTER PROCRASTINATOR! Tee-hee~! ٩(◕‿◕。)۶)

I watched in horror as Al slowly shifted out of bed. His hair swayed and shined in the sunlight, and his eyes gleamed brightly as he approached me like a predator stalking his prey. He was an angel...

And a Devil...

My Al...

He's learned so much from me *sniff dramatically while wiping a nonexistent tear in pride*.

I can't believe I got tricked into agreeing with Al's terms. My brain knew that he must be fully healed, he had no signs of any injury or broken knuckles, but the brocon in me just couldn't help but worry and put bandages on his arms just in case. Perhaps the reason that Al could trick me was also due to my guilt for sending him down an ungroomed double black diamond with two floorboards attached to his feet and two sticks for poles, completely forgoing any other safety measures that were probably very necessary for a beginning skier.

...Yeah, now that I say it in my mind, it really sounds a lot worse than I originally thought. If Al was anyone other than my brother, he probably would have died, huh.

...He must be pretty mad. ...I wonder what kind of punishment he'll make me suffer through...

...I'm scared.

----

"HELP!!! PERVERT, HELP ME NOW!!!" I crawled away frantically the minute I laid my eyes on the two outfits that Al held up. I even resorted to the taboo method of asking for help from him.

<Master, do you need something~> Miro appeared in front of me and my head went straight into the middle of his pants because of my current position. He looked startled before his face morphed into something akin to a pleasantly surprised smirk. Before he had the chance to say something snarky and moody, I saw his mouth slowly close when he saw the two outfits that Al held while chasing me down. He frowned immediately after seeing Al, and I swear that there was electricity involved there. I think they were communicating, because after a few seconds, Miro stepped back and grinned.

My pupils shrank in terror as I realized that my only salvation has turned its back on me, and instantly made a beeline to the door. I don't even know what I'm doing I don't know why I'm not using magic I know I can't escape from my promise to Little Al but I don't wanna I don't wanna I DON'T WANNA!!!

I made a desperate attempt to grab the handle, launching myself up into the air, but alas, it was all for naught.

"Kukukuku... I caught you, Sister...!"

"NOOOOOO!!!"

----

I stepped out of my space hesitantly, clutching my comfortable change of clothes near me. Honestly, what am I even doing? What was Al even thinking?

I was currently clad in a black, revealing suit. Lace and frills adorned the silky seductive black fabric. The shirt left my belly button exposed, and the short skirt left my bottom feeling breezy and free.

I gripped the skirt and pulled it down, frowning vaguely before moving my attention to Devil Al and Pervert Miro. I swear... I shot them a pissed off look. Even my usual doting attitude to Al vanished as soon as he made me put on these abominations. "What." I growled.

The two demons stared at me blankly. Then soon, a distinct red stream of liquid ran down from their noses.

After recovering from their original shock, Devil Al spoke. "Sister, spin!"

...Dude, seriously? At this point, I didn't have the heart to argue. I didn't break promises. I couldn't run away this time. But I could sulk. In my own way. "Shut up, Al."

My statement was cold and awe-inducing, my eyes matching them with a dark glare, but I still turned and posed for the camera. Uwaaa, so embarrassing... Al, I regret ever spoiling you...

He became more brazen at my obedience. "Sister, say 'I am yours forever!' to me!"

.

.

.

It took a while to recover from the shock after that.

----

The day was almost over. Faint hints of purple dotted the usually cloudy and gloomy sky.

I was absolutely exhausted.

That brother of mine... he made me wear sixty-seven different types of clothes, which were all either stuffy or flashy. He made me say weird stuff, which I usually never hear from him, like 'I'm yours', 'Please stay with me' , 'I belong to you', and other stuff like that. He made me kiss his face one hundred times! He told me, 'Sister, I'm going to check your room, let me in.' because he wanted to look for 'dirty stuff' whatever that means.

Okay. I get that Al might have died because I forgot about a few critical things about skiing, but seriously?! I get that he might be angry. But seriously?! Wsa thai torture really necessary?!

I fumed as I sat on my bed with Al beside me. He was playing with my horns (oh, did I mention that I have horns now? Go figure, this is what I get for being a Demon Queen) and braiding my hair. I growled in annoyance. My original brocon behavior was nowhere to be seen, like before. Perhaps I was still mourning over the fact that I had to dress up over this unfilial brother of mine.

Unconsciously, my demonic powers surged at the thought of those outfits still sprawled out on the floor of my other room in the Castle. My eyes turned from piercing red to electricity blue, and I could feel the miasma and mana mixing and condensing on my right arm. I breathed in deep breaths to calm myself. No, it was not okay to feel the urge to kill your brother, Alice, you are a tree, a holy tree, a thick pineapple cheesetick that cannot be moved, Mr. Mac Pufferson will come...

I moved my arm up. The black, darkly glowing inscriptions soon came as expected, and my arm began to shake unsteadily and emit a faint red glow. I'm still not good and controlling this new power of mine... I gazed at the inscriptions etched onto my arm, like a tattoo, and frowned. Where have I seen this before? The slight twists and the nuanced strokes... the cool feeling in my skin...

...No way.

There's no way.

I pressed my hand on the left part of my chest, then hesitantly unbuttoned my collar, one by one.

I lifted up my- ahem boobs ahem and stared at the black inscription below. I moved my eyes to the one on my arm, then back to my chest.

...No way...

These patterns...

They're both the same language.