The Talent Show, the Execution, and The Harmless Prank

The talent show made its way into the night, so as soon as it was over and the results were over, I (literally) sped away from the hall, not wanting to socialize or share my precious cubes with other kid nobles. Of course, it was clear that Ciar and Ax had the same idea, because as soon as I made my way out, I could see them following close behind.

"Great minds think alike," I observed as they followed me to the forest. "Although I really don't understand why the professors keep such a loose watch over the nobles here. It's kinda stupid."

"Yeah." Ax agreed. "Honestly, aren't they kind of idiotic, making nobles hike and camp outside without any thought?"

"Hahahaha, I know, right?" I fell back to match my pace with both of them. "For what reason are you guys going to the forest?"

"Letting off some steam." Ax replied gruffly, scratching his emerald green shiny hair. I nodded in agreement.

"For me, I am doing... something like that." Ciaran looked away and used that unreadable smile of his.

"OOOH! I wanna come! LET ME COME! Pick me! Me!" I knew exactly what he was doing. He would be going away for another nightly excursion of his, and would come back in the morning. And although I hated pulling all-nighters, Ciar's nightly excursions were something I would never want to miss out on. The intrigue! The mystery! The tension! And most importantly, the blood!

"What? What's going on?" Ax turned around and looked at me with a curious face, but I just shrugged and put my hands at the back of my head.

"Meh, I don't know. Lord Na has always had interesting things in store for me, it sounds interesting, so I wanna come with." I put my supreme acting skills to the test, but it didn't work. Ax looked at me like he wanted to tell me something and frowned.

"Lord Naciles, please, do divulge your plans for the night." He narrowed his eyes and I thought I felt electricity shoot through his eyes. I never know what he does for me to think that he has a third eye at times. I thought lazily as I watched his one-sided exchange with Ciar.

"Now, now. Don't worry, I've been out with Lord Na plenty of times, and I've never seen blood." That's a lie... "He's a pacifist and just enjoys visiting the commoners to play around in festivals and night markets." That's also a lie... "Listen, Ax, I've never killed anyone when I'm with him. I've never been put in danger before either, so it's all fine, right?" Haaa... that's also a lie.

Honestly, at this time, I was basically spouting out whatever denial I could think of to get Ax to change his mind. I mean, he can't know that Na is an assassin. And if he pries more, then I can't go out and have fun with Ciar.

----

It worked. Somehow, it worked.

"Now." He whispered and pointed towards the window. We both jumped over silently and opened it without a creak before stepping in.

Inside was a very slim, sickly-looking man. There were a few guards posted around the room, but it was quite clear they weren't powerful enough to sense our concealed presences, although they did see the large glass pane window open. They immediately got into position. One guarded the door, one the window, two guarded the perimeters of the room, and the rest guarded the bed.

A burly-looking guard woke the sleeping figure under the silk sheets, and he hesitantly woke up, along with a rather curvy young woman.

"...Honey? Do you want to go for another round?" She asked while rubbing her eyes and displaying her body in a way I did not want to describe.