The Blackout Box

The demons surrounding the Dais started chanting. So, in order for me to succeed in my challenge, I have to go in the Blackout Box? The one infamous for breaking minds? THE ONE THAT I WAS JUST BRAGGING ABOUT?

...

...

...I have never felt so helpless in my entire life.

----

What should I do? Am I willing to test my mental fortitude, that I'm starting to doubt myself, on one of the instruments that is known for breaking down a person in just thirteen minutes? ...Although I was denying it, deep down, I know I'm still insecure. I know I'll still crumble, especially since this specific torture device is made for cracking open the mind and ripping out whatever deep, dark secrets one might keep.

I looked at the Blackout Box in horror. I didn't know what to do. On the one hand, my sanity, which was already kind of slipping. Testing how far I could go before my brain breaks. On the other, my entertainment, which was being the new Demon Queen, threatening the human race while dealing with naked demons waltzing around the castle.

Isn't the answer quite obvious?

Hahaha, what was the hesitation about again? I totally incidentally forgot because of my selective amnesia. Huh, wait what, I had amnesia? Yes, actually, it appeared just a second ago. So sad, I guess I forgot how dangerous my Blackout Box could be and that I could kill myself mentally if I went in, yup yup!

Mhm! Yosh, let's just go!

Miro. I thought.

<Yes, Master~>

Don't 'Yes, Master~' me! You already know what I was thinking, so come on here!

<...Ma->

Just do it!

<...>

Come here, now!

<...>

If you don't, I'll just ask some high-rank in the crowd and give them a kiss for compensation!

<Master, I'm coming~!>

----

Miro stripped me down, tied me up onto the hook positioned on the ceiling, and forced me to sit down on the sharp seat. I took a quick glance at him while he was stringing me up. He was panting, his cheeks read. I could see him shivering, then followed the source of his shivers down. And there... was a sturdy, tall tent, shaking yet still very steady.

Dude.

I peeked into his thoughts. <Master is... tied up... she's... helpless... naked... I~>

Dude!

<I can't hold myself... ahhh~ ngh~ ngggh~!>

DUDE!

WTF IS THIS SHIT NAH I'M ALREADY PANICKING FROM THE BLACK TORTURE DEVICE NOW I HAVE TO DEAL WITH BEING DEFENSELESS IN FRONT OF THE PERVERT BUTLER'S LITTLE BROTHER?!

Holy shit. Shit. Shit. I know this is supposed to be a demonstration of torture, and that it's supposed to be very cruel, but I'm thinking about this event as more of a 'memorable experience'. I AM NOT GETTING RAPED, ESPECIALLY NOT BY THAT PERVERTED GUY!

"Close the door!" I announced, trying to shoo away the turned-on guy in front of me.

----

I weeped. I weep like never before. Inside that black, choking space, with loud, obnoxious music booming in the background, those memories, those feelings, those words, all came back to me. The backs that turned on me. The sense of absolute isolation and destitution I felt. The hate I carried for being born as a female. No one is on my side. Even when I surround myself with people who cling to me like lost little lambs, it's not enough to reassure me.

Even though this world may seem like gender segregation was nonexistent, I could vaguely feel the barriers the social system put up for me. 'Don't expect too much from a girl.' 'They're just a girl, so weak.' 'Maidens like you need to be protected.' 'She must've helped our fiefdom's agricultural system by luck. Or maybe she got that idea from her brother.'

It's horrible. Those vague hints they dropped made me feel powerless. I hate feeling powerless. I loathe it. It makes me feel like everything in my life is dictated by others' whims. It makes me want to break, and just give in. But that just makes me angrier.

The tears wouldn't stop. I've been in this black box for two days, but it seems the masses outside weren't satisfied. Why? Was it because my 'creation' wasn't good enough? Did they just want to torture me? Or did they want to torture the 'girl candidate'?

I proved my power. I've killed at least a thousand low ranks with one measly chant. I wiped out their leader with my power alone, when even the so-called male hero was on the verge of death from that battle. Yet, they still don't believe me, do they? Because I'm a 'girl'. And 'girls' are soft and pure. When they encounter conflict, they cower, run away. They need a 'man' to protect them.

So they just want me to break? They don't want a 'worthless human female' from inheriting the throne and ruling over them?

Truly despicable.

When I get out of here...

I'll kill them all.

----

I stepped out of the device, my eyes red. I felt choked. The thrilling exhilaration and annoyance I had when I felt the masses boo me as I stepped in no longer applied. All that I had right now was seething hatred for the crowd in front of me. Honestly, I was glad that this mind break was only this severe. Patients that went through this 'enhanced interrogation' method usually turned up kind of twisted. I guess I was back like that, in a way, though.

Deep down, I knew that maybe I pushed all my frustration onto them. They were just one of the many attackers I have met in my two lives. But I needed to vent. And they deserved to be punished anyway.

In a somewhat twisted state, I observed the masses surrounding me, feeling dull and burning at the same time.

I cracked an ominous, warped smile.

I was looking forward to the Duel.