Alice's First Sick Day

Wow. I can't believe I thought that pain sucks at that time.

That was the first thought that popped up into my mind when I woke up from my who-knows-how-long coma, back in my bed in the Novea Mansion.

How long has it been since I've had a soul-sucking fever? Was when I was a baby, a fragile, vulnerable creature who could only take down one grown man at a time? Or was it when I got impaled by a magic spear by that fucking prince in the Elven Kingdom? No... I was too powerful then to get a common cold.

I think the last time I got sick was... in my last life?

Yes, that makes sense. After all, in this life, my magic is too powerful to wield to a cold that wants to hurt me.

...Geez, my head is throbbing. My skin hurts, I wanna vomit. Someone get a doctor... I wanna puke. Uhhh... I'm not used to pain. I hate pain. Pain is the worst. I'm hot. It's so hot in here.

I frowned and wiped the sweat off my forehead, running my hand through my black hair, before trying to drop the temperature in the room, but I couldn't. I just couldn't. My mana pool was blocked, when I tried to activate my magic, it was resisting and tangling up in weird ways, it was like something was fighting against me; and to top it all off, I could barely even move my limbs, and I was still SO DAMN HOT.

My life sucks.

----

I rang the bell near me, on the bedside. It made a soft high tinkling sound, and almost instantly, eight figures rushed in. Maids? No. Servants? Sadly, no.

It was Idiot no. 1, Idiot no. 2, Idiot no. 3, Idiot no. 4, Idiot no. 5, Idiot no. 6, Ciar, and the shining star of the group, the beautiful butterfly who has nothing but purity in his kindhearted, beautiful soul, my beloved not-at-all-an-idiot Little Al.

"Sister! You're awake!" He launched himself at me and hugged my neck while rubbing his cheek on mine. I could smell his Pucari-like scent and could see his sparkling, red eyes and I couldn't help but beam along with him, trying to resist the will to pamper my beloved little brother.

So cute... I coughed twice, suffering under the iron grip of my dear brother. He noticed it almost immediately and reluctantly let me go.

"Sister? Why... what happened?" Al was floundering around, panicking. He probably doesn't understand what I'm going through. Since he's never seen me sick. Or never seen me cough accidentally.

"I'm sick." I covered my mouth and coughed again while staring at him.

He fainted on the spot.

----

(Author's Note: After long last, this is, drumroll please... our beloved lovable brother, Little Al!)

When I heard the words 'I'm sick' from my sister herself, it was like a bomb struck my heart and the world was crumbling down. Sister was sick?! How was Sister sick?! That's impossible! A vague thought of 'An overlord from the heavens finally decided to kill us all' flitted through my mind. You might think I might have been a tad bit too dramatic, and say that just due to my current state of mind, but it was literally impossible.

Her mana pool was too large, her physical endurance was too strong, and her affinity to all elements made it impossible for her to get cold or hot. So who could possibly make her succumb to a mere fever? The Hero? The Demon King? Mother? OR EVEN THE GODDESS HERSELF?!

I looked at Sister's figure, with black hair and gray eyes, sweating and panting under the white silk bed sheets in worry. I felt a worry I've never felt before. Usually, I was worried about her attracting more suitors or killing someone that would cause trouble in the future but today... I was worried for her well-being.

I wasn't used to her looking so vulnerable and weak. She usually was either graceful and elegant, mischievous and sadistic, or expressionless and ready to kill. Never in this state. I wasn't used to this at all.

Well, at least she wasn't completely defenseless. Even if Sister's physical body was temporarily incapacitated, I knew her undefeated, overpowered magic would keep her safe. No one could harm her, even in this state. That made me feel better and calm down, and stop eying the other dolts who went after Sister standing next to me.

"Uhhh... sniff, Al... I've never gotten sick... It hurts..." Sister reached up, and with hazy and disoriented eyes, pulled the hem of my sleeve childishly.

I gulped.

Maybe this wasn't too bad, after all?

----

(Author's Note: Remember him? Yeah, it's Ax's POV.)

I watched as that possessive little brother of Nova's, or Alice's, or whoever she was, snuggled with her under the bedsheets. I frowned.

When I heard that Nova came back from who-knows-where and was in a six month long coma, I immediately rushed out to her mansion and practically flew over the gates. I looked at her (Nova's body) sleeping, damaged figure and felt a pang in my heart.

Before, when she left me behind, with no prior notice, I felt a strange tugging sensation along with a cluster of grief welling in my heart. I thought to myself, 'Why? Again? She left me before to the Hollen Continent, and after finally coming back, she left again? How could she...' I didn't understand my betrayed, irrational thoughts at first. Why was I angry? Sad? Scared?

Oh, it's because I love her.

I always did.

So why...?

Why...?

Why...?

After waking from a six month coma, why did she only see that damned brother of hers?!

----

(Author's Note: Alice's POV.)

Forgetting about, or maybe just disregarding, the people idly standing in my bedroom, I shifted up and swung my legs to the side of the bed, gesturing for Al to join me.

"Little Al... you know how me getting sick is... abnormal, to say the least, right?" I said. He nodded along with a frown, signaling for me to go on.

"...It's not the only thing that's abnormal." His eyes widened and I sighed, weakly moving my hand up to my forehead, trying to calm the sweat trickling down my face and the stress I was feeling that was bubbling up only now.

"My magic... I can't use it."

----

"I don't know what's going on. It's like, when I try to reach and touch my mana, something blows me away. Every time I try to use magic with the thin layer of mana in the air, it's like my attribute gets... tangled, and deformed, before reappearing back in my soul. I can't..." I furrowed my brows, trying to make sense of it all and resist the urge to faint.

The people around me all had appalled expressions on their faces. One drop of sweat fell from my face, and I started breathing more heavily. I felt a welling feeling of fear appear in my heart. I never knew that I was so attached to my magic until now.

I felt scared. What would happen if I could never access it? How would I get Liz from my dimension? Or that phoenix that followed along? How would I access all the prisoners who I put to sleep in my dungeon in my space? Would I ever get to castrate them properly? What about the replays that I kept in my memory? HOW WOULD I CHARGE MY PHONE?

I don't know when it started, but I now needed magic. It was a part of me, not some add-on I got from reincarnation. I couldn't live without it anymore. My fever worsened. My head felt lighter, and my vision blurred. Wha- I fell to the floor with a thump. I could vaguely hear the loud shouts echoing around the room and the rapping of the soft wooden floor around me.

(Author's Note: Hey guys! Just in case you didn't know, I'm going to be compressing my chapters into one. So if you see some chapters disappearing, don't worry, they're being added to other ones and made longer. P.S., The names of each chapter might change too. Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for reading!)