The Shivers

"Sister, I'll go with you!"

I frowned at Al's insistence. "Al, no."

I wouldn't give in.

"Sister..." He looked up to me with puppy dog eyes.

"...No, I won't."

"...Sister..."

"..."

"Sister..."

"..."

"Don't you love me...?"

"...Fine."

"Yay!"

...I gave in.

----

We were on our way to the academy. I carried Al in like a princess in the air. Obviously, I flew the rest of the way there. I mean, who wants to stay in a rickety, stiff carriage for ten hours? Not this girl.

I was worried about Al, though. His heartbeat was fast. It seemed like he was scared of heights. Poor thing. But I couldn't put him down then, it would take him too long and he'd be left in that filthy forest below. How can I do that to my beloved brother?

"Al, do you want to go in my space? Then I-" I was planning to shove him in a portal then let him come out at the end, when we arrived, but Al shook his head determinedly.

"I wanna stay with Sister!"

Keuk! My heart... I almost lost focus and dropped from the sky from Al's cuteness.

----

"Mixu~ who is this~?" Killian was eying me suspiciously, looking at my dear brother in my arms.

"Don't touch him. You're too dirty to touch my angel." I turned the other way and put my arms around him protectively to prevent that Airhead from touching my brother. I snorted and grasped Little Al even tighter.

"'Who is this' you say. Don't even think about falling in love with him. He's out of your league, don't even try to seduce him!" I exclaimed, baring my fangs at the fairy. This was out of character for me, but what could I do? I won't allow anyone to touch my beloved Al. And I know that everyone will fall in love with Al at first sight. I can't allow him to take my brother away.

"...You have the strangest thought process at times, Mixu~!"

"Don't change the subject. And once you get to know my Al, you'll drop dead at his cuteness. So don't touch him."

"...That human boy? Mixu~ are you in lo-"

"Don't touch him."

"..."

----

The semester started, and Al became a transfer student from another continent. He openly flaunted the fact that he was a duke's son, although I don't know why, since eit seemed to just be troublesome for him, but whatever. I walked along the sunlit halls of the school with Al clinging onto me like a stray puppy. I smiled at his adorableness. My beloved brother is cute today too~ I think I might, possibly, be a bro-con.

Al had been staying close to me since the beginning of the semester, even when I entered the club room. I was worried that he would want to make friends, but it seems that was not the case and that all he wanted to do was stay with me. He's so pure!

But since Al started to stay near me, less people have been coming to find me. I wonder why. Oh well, doesn't matter, I have my little angel with me, nothing else matters!

----

(Author's Note: Killian's POV.)

That human boy, 'Alden'.

That damned human boy.

He was hogging Mixuni to himself.

Why was she so different when she was with him?

I wanted to be spoiled, too. Why didn't she do that with me?

How did that Alden human manage to interfere every time?

Ever since I met him, he's managed to move my beloved Mixu away from me every time. He clings to her like a lost little boy.

So annoying.

Once I marry Mixuni, I'll show him just how annoying he is to me right now. I'll make sure that he'll never see her again... once I make her my bride.

----

I felt a shiver up my back. Strange, nothing makes me shiver. I'm immune to the cold since I have fire and ice elements. That only means that someone close to me is plotting something. But Devil Al hasn't shown up in such a long time... maybe it's Killian?

...I'm not close with him, right?

...Yeah, he's too much of an airhead for me to like.

Hahahaha, plus, he wouldn't be plotting strange things. He's Airhead, after all, the most airy person on the block.

I must be overthinking something. I'll just go to bed and sleep in, and skip classes tomorrow for extra napping. Good idea Alice.

Yup, not thinking about anything that might harm me.

I'm not scared at all!

I'm too powerful to be scared! I'm so damn OP no one can stop me!

That's right! I shivered because of a sudden body reaction. Nothing else.

...Alice, just go to sleep. Yeah, good idea, me. I'll just shut myself up now.