- Watermelons -

You were inside the beach house, specifically in the kitchen looking for something to drink. The sun was bright, and the others were already out and about. That was until Hiro came in, his face slightly holding a little more expression than usual. "What's up, Hiro? Want something to eat?" You asked him, finally finding a bottle of your favorite soda.

"No. But mom just called." He started, quickly catching your attention. "She went to the hospital thinking she had a cold, but turned out she was pregnant." Hiro said, carefully watching your expression, which changed from surprise to happiness.

"What?! Really!! Oh my god!! Ahhh!! Satsuki-chan, should take care of herself!! And you're gonna be an older brother!! That's so exciting!!" You embraced the young boy, who suppressed his happiness inside, he soon wrapping his own arms around you. When you let go, you met his warm eyes, and offered him a smile.

"..you too. You're gonna be an older sister too. The baby's your sibling too. You've lived at our house as if you're part of it." He mumbled, suddenly becoming shy. And somewhere in your heart, you were happy. There's no way you would be able to have actual biological siblings considering your circumstances, so the words he said wanted your heart. "Yeah. We'll protect the baby together."

You rested your hand above his head, right before the front door opened and the guys along with Tohru came in, their hands carrying a few watermelons.

🐈🐈🐈

"Let's start the watermelon splitting contest!" Momiji excitedly yelled, his hands waving in the air. Everyone gathered in the backyard, around the spread out watermelons. Surprise dawned to everyone's face, as they all stared at the watermelons infront of them. "It's to celebrate for Hiro's moms pregnancy!" He added.

"Wouldn't it be a waste of watermelon?" Kyo mumbled under his breath, getting an immediate answer from Momiji. "O-okay but do you have a stick and a blindfold?" Yuki asked, still a little hesitant about this idea.

"Hmm? What for?" Momiji asked, and before Yuki could reply Haru stepped forward, bringing his hand up into the air and slamming it down, instantly breaking the watermelon to pieces. Half of you gaped in surprise and the other half just stared. Tohru stepped forward, getting her hand ready.

"U-um, I'll try to in name of the celebration! But when I did it, I had a stick and blindfold. It's fun like that too! Especially when Mo.." Tohru stopped for a brief moment, and it instantly dawned to you that she was thinking aber Hiro's words from yesterday. "M-ny gunshoe!" She quickly exclaimed changing the topic.

"T-that aside, in celebration of Hiro's baby!" She raised her hand into the air, as Hiro yelled a quick 'I told you it's not my baby!' Her fist headed straight down for the watermelon but instead of touching the watermelon, it hit your palm instead.

"Tohru.. I'm gonna be completely honest here, you will not be able to break the watermelon but instead break your bones. Haru has a lot of martial art experience hence why he could do it. Also whatever you're thinking, don't. Push those negative thoughts aside." You nagged her, as some of the guys let out a sigh of relief. While the others sighed in disappointment.

"Okay then! Let's just throw them, they'll break either way!" Momiji yelled, quickly lifting a watermelon into the air. "That's not the same activity anymore!" Hiro yelled, starting the nag others, especially Kisa about her safety. "Hahah! Hiro is becoming Kyo!"

In the background of all this chaos, Haru peacefully ate his watermelons, not giving a care in the world.

🐈🐈🐈

You sat with Tohru, as the younger ones fell asleep. Kisa still firmly holding onto your hand. Meanwhile Haru and Yuki offered the clean the watermelon mess, often talking about things you didn't understand. Tohru grabbed a blanket, gently placing it over the three.

"Tohru. I heard what Hiro said yesterday and I've said this too, but it's okay to talk about your mother or whatever you want, don't be considerate of us. I like hearing about your mom, and you have the brightest smile when you talk about her, so don't keep it all to yourself." You told her, resting your free hand on her head.

"Eh? You knew what I was thinking! Well.. to be honest, I don't know what most of your family situations are. And I don't want to hurt you and the others." She mumbled, her eyes gently watching over the kids that are asleep.

"I think, the others along with me, like hearing about it. I want to hear more about her too. So tell me, what were you going to say earlier? During the watermelon splitting celebration?" You asked her, making eye-contact with her, before offering her a smile which she returned with an even brighter smile.

"When Mom and I.. did the watermelon splitting, I was very young. I had a hard time hitting the actual watermelon, and when mom tried she ended up breaking the flower pots. We payed for it, but they still got mad! So we ended up, continuing inside our house, and this time mom ended up destroying dad. It was fun." She ended, and when you looked at her, she had the most beautiful-est smile you've ever seen.

🐈🐈🐈

Shigure informed all of you how Akito was here too. And how Kisa, Haru, Hiro, Momiji had to go greet him. It was obvious why they left out you and Kyo, but you were used to it. Besides you had the most fun when you're with him. Tohru would be staying with you, too.

You crouched down to match both Hiro and Kisa's height. "Be careful, okay? Don't do or say anything that will anger him. Haru, Momiji, I'm talking to you guys too! Do you hear me? Be careful! Don't do anything reckless!!" You nagged on and on, until Shigure took them to go see Akito.

"I hope they'll be okay." You sighed, taking a seat beside Kyo as Tohru went upstairs to grab something. Although Kyo wanted to say "they will" he couldn't, because he truly didn't know what Akito would do.

Instead all he could do was gently push your head, so it would rest on his shoulder.

🐈🐈🐈