Chapter 38: Don't Look Down

Welcome back to another update! So, I know it's been over a month since my last update but, I've been quite busy in the month of march with tennis, school, and spring break! Today unfortunately, is my last day of spring break and so, it may take longer before my next update but, who knows? Although, I will tell you the next one will be one hell of an update because damn, some stuff is going to get spicy ;) Haha anyways I just wanted to let you know that my parents will be travelling to India withing this month and I and my siblings will be at home with some kind of babysitter so I don't know if that will make things easier to write or harder. Who knows? I'll keep you updated so make sure to follow me!

Also, it has come to my attention that many of you read my updates but don't comment or vote. For example, my last update has about 259 reads but only 6 comments (some of which I have replied numerous times to and some are twice from the same person so the count shows up as 19 total but like I said, 13 of those other comments are me replying). From now on, I will be putting up a certain number of comments this update must get in order for me to do another update because guys, I really do appreciate the love and the "great chapter" comments but more than anything I need feedback. so please, help a person out and let me know, really, what you think of the story/update/anything. Thanks and enjoy the chapter :) 

Chapter 38: Don't Look Down

Martin's P.O.V.

In case you were wondering, I was working on something alright. While working on my track with Usher I was also writing Angel a letter. I know a letter isn't much but, I'm putting my heart and soul into two things at once. Actually, more of one thing than the other. I had three topics to cover and I was almost treating this like a paper for one of my classes. I would start out with something to catch her attention. Something to convince her of what I was saying was the cold, hard truth and that I meant every single word I said. Next, I would talk about everything that happened and apologize for every single drop of pain I caused her. I'd say that this probably won't even make up for half of it but she'd have to trust me with the fact of what I would tell her next.

Third, I'd talk about how much she meant to me. How much pain she caused me being with Daan but more of how happy I was to see her happy. Sure, it hurt seeing her love someone else but, it hurt more seeing them fall apart eventually. Finally, I would sum it up with the fact of her having to give me another chance. I'd mention the fact that she never talked much about herself and I would say how I wanted that to change. How I wanted to sit silently with her yet feel like I was talking. How I wanted to know everything but nothing at the same time. I just wanted that once chance that I know I didn't deserve but hoped she would give me. After all we've been through, this is the moment I tell her how I feel and nothing is holding me back anymore.

Now had to be it. No distractions. Nothing would change my mind not now not ever. When I was done writing I put down my pen, cracked my knuckles and sighed. I felt my blood boiling but not from anger. From the surge of emotions and wanting for her flowing through my veins. The need for her was overriding my system and somehow I managed to push it down to a suitable level. I worked on the track some more and read over the letter at least 20 times. I didn't add anything. I didn't change anything. Everything I had written was in one go from the pure charge of all the emotions I've been holding back over her. They're still there just slightly controlled. I wasn't sure about the result but, what I wrote was genuine and direct.

I folded the papers up and put it in an envelope, not sealing it. On the envelope I wrote: To Angel, and placed it face up in my desk. I checked my clock and it was around 5 pm. I had also recieved a text from Laura. Wait why the fuck was Angel's brother here? I hope that doesn't change anything. It would be quite the experience to meet him, but I don't want any kind of trouble. I decided upon taking a shower before they arrived and so, I gathered my clothes and headed to the bathroom down the hall.