Chapter 16: Calling Out

I just wanted to say again how thankful I am for all the support and reads I have gotten on this story. I do have finals continuing next week till Wednesday then SUMMER! I am truly happy for what y'all have done and I can only thank you with this new update :) enjoy my darlings!

My eyes closed in relief. I didn't care who was at the door I just wanted to get out of here. "Get away for her!" A voice said in the darkness. Jeremy turned towards me and placed his hand on my throat.

"Come any closer and I'll choke her!" He said applying force to my throat. He continued pushing. I couldn't breathe and my vision began to go blurry. Just as I was about to be enveloped by darkness, Jeremy was thrown off the bed.

Martins P.O.V.

The second I stepped into the club, I got a bad feeling. Like when you you have a pop quiz that counts as half your grade and you didn't pay attention in class because you were too busy thinking about the weekend. I remember when I was one of the people dancing on the dance floor. I pushed away the memories and focused on the dj. The song was Turn it down by the one and only Kaskade.

He was one of my favorites. I could actually make a really good remix of this song. Maybe later.

My mind wandered off to her. Her smile. Her laugh. I love everything about her and yet she was with another guy. Daan was a great guy but I need her as badly as he does. Every time I'm with her I manage to get away from the stress, exhaustion, and pressure of being a dj. I tend to miss my family less when I'm around her.

Somehow someway I need to get her back. I remember her telling me, " If you love someone, you should be able to chase them down to the corners of the earth no matter the reason." I need to see her again. Just to see those beautiful eyes.

I walked over to Daan and said, "Hey do you know where Angel is?" He turned around in a circle. "Shit! She was just here!" He said looking at me with wide eyes. "Ok I'll check the right side you check the left." I said taking off in the direction of the bar.

I took out my wallet and asked people of they've seen her. Too many people were shaking their heads no. I tapped the bartenders shoulder slowly losing faith. "Hi have you seen this girl anywhere? Brown hair, black dress, brown eyes, and about 5"4?" I asked.

She looked closely at the picture and said, "actually yeah. She was with some guy and I think they went down that hallway over there." She said pointing to a dim hallway at the back of he club. I gulped and said a quick,"Thanks" before sprinting to the corridor.

I put my wallet away and cautiously walked down the hallway. I reached the first door and turned the knob. Locked. I knocked on the door and heard no reply. I rushed over to the second door and turned the knob.

Open. I ran into a scene I didn't want to see. "Get the fuck out dude!" A guy screamed. I instantly apologized and ran out of the room. I paced back and forth in the hallway running my hand through my hair. Just as I was about to call Daan, I heard a scream ring out through the corridor.

"Help! Someone help me!" Instantly a chill flew up my spine as I realized who it was. I sprinted down the hallway in the direction of the plea for help. What if I'm too late? What if she's murdered?

The door was third to last and locked. I put my ear up against the door and heard whimpering. My rage increased as well as my hear rate. I walked backwards to the opposite side of the hallway and ran forward kicking the door off its hinges.

My eyes widened in shock at the sight in front of me. It was that Jeremy bastard again! I growled and said,"Get off her!" He looked up at me with a smirk but I could see the fear in his eyes. "Come any closer and I'll choke her!" He said putting a hand on her throat.

I took a step closer and he pushed harder. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I leaped at him sending the both of us flying onto the floor. His eyes raged with fury and he punched first aiming a blow on my eye.

I was thrown back from the force but got on top of him. I returned the favor. Twice. Three times. Thankfully by the time I was done I had knocked him out. My breathing was staggered and I could feel my pulse racing from the adrenaline.

I got up and went to the side of the bed where I found her. The girl I saw was not Angel. My heart sank at the sight of her like this. Her cheek was swollen and bruised. There were marks on her throat and jaw. I ignored the fact that she was almost naked and painfully looked at her face.

"Angel. Angel? Can you hear me?" I asked softly. She opened her eyes gradually and nodded. " I can't believe he did this to you. I should have killed that son of a bitch! Did he.." I said but she cut me off. She placed her cold hand on my mouth and shook her head.

I picked up her dress from the other side of the room and saw that it was ripped. I put it on her anyways and have her my jacket. I helped her out of the bed. She was trembling with fear and shock.

"Your eye." She whispered. She could barely even walk straight. I took her out through the back door. We say outside in the cold while I called Robbert. "You need to come out to the back. Yes I found her. I don't want to explain just hurry. " I said into the phone.

After ending the call, I took a seat next to her on the curb. "They'll be here soon. Are you ok?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper. She turned to me, her eyes meeting mine and said, "No". Her eyes drifted away into the dark. She scooted closer to me and placed her head in the crook between my head an shoulder.

I rested my head on top of hers. She took my hand and rubbed her finger over mind. She saw that my knuckles were red and bloody. "Martin?" She said quietly. "Yes angel?" I replied. "Thank you." She said. I didn't reply.

She noticed. She put her hand on my jaw and traced upwards towards my eye. I flinched from the immediate pain and she pulled her hand away. Her eyes met mine once again. I leaned closer and cautiously filled the small gap between our faces.

Surprisingly, she didn't hesitate to kiss back. My mind was flashing warning signs saying she wasn't mine but I didn't care. She needed to know how I felt all this time. When she disappeared and all those days I had to watch her share her love with someone else.

She pulled away and put her forehead on mine breathing slowly. I could see both our breaths in the cold. "I'm sorry. For everything. For hurting you and not treating you the way I was supposed to." I said my voice quivering. She looked up at me her eyes full of sorrow and pain. She opened her mouth ready to say the words I've been waiting to hear for almost two months but was cut off by the back door opening revealing three figures.

Soo what will Daan, Jordy, and Robbert say when the see Angsl? Will Daan find out about the kiss? What happened to Jeremy? I hope y'all have an amazing Memorial Day! Love- angel xxx

Ps I'm getting the new sol republic headphones that martin and julian advertised!!! :)))