Chapter 37: A Little More

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ PLEASE!!!!!

So, I literally just realized this but this song has been stuck in my head non-stop. I love it so unbelievably much yet I had no idea why until now. I realized that this song resembles Angel's feelings EXACTLY. I still can't believe how similar it is, but really you should SERIOUSLY listen to it. It's amazingly beautiful and the vocals are incredible. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the update and please please comment! I hope you forgive me for how long it took :( Also, the picture up there resembles a lot and let me know what you think it resembles! I'm curious so please it's great to see reads go up but what truly makes writing this worth it is seeing all your lovely comments! I don't care if it's long or short but please let me know I'm doing things right! PLEASE!

Angel's P.O.V.

It's odd isn't it? How one day you can wake up to a completely different feeling. A different atmosphere. This time, it felt... good. I sighed and buried my head a little bit farther into my pillow. I opened my eyes wider and instantly closed them. Sunlight streamed into Martin's room bringing my attention to a number of things I hadn't seen in the dim light last night. I sat up slightly and saw the sheets strewn aside indicating that Martin had awaken already.

"Time to get up." I mumbled to myself. I put the sheets back neatly and checked my phone. A couple texts from Jordy and Robbert. I smiled at how excited they were to get back home. "Morning." Laura said standing in the doorway. I left my phone on his bed and said, "Morning! Slept well?". She smiled and said, "I did! It's been a while since I've actually been well rested.". I laughed and said, "I couldn't agree more with you. So any plans for today?" I asked following her downstairs. "It'd be great if you two could go out for the day. I have a track I need to work on so I'll stay home." Martin said joining us at the bottom of the stairs.

"If that's the only nice way to say get the fuck out, then wow, I'm impressed!" Laura said raising an eyebrow at Martin. I laughed and then covered my mouth seeing Martin look at me pissed. "Good morning to you too." He replied walking past us upstairs. "Would you like some breakfast now that Mrs.Drama Queen is gone?" Laura asked walking into the kitchen. I nodded following her. She is like any other sister and frankly, she reminds me a lot of my brother and I. Weird. I walked into the kitchen to find two plates with egg and bacon as well as orange juice on the table.

"Looks like Martin made some for us. That's a first." She said sitting down. I sat down and began eating. "I didn't know Martin could cook." I said taking a first bite of egg. "Neither did I." Laura replied laughing. "Seems like he learned overnight or some shit like that." She said still laughing. I laughed along with her. He was pretty good, I'll give him that. "Since Martin wants us gone, would you like to go shopping and walk around? It'll be fun!" Laura asked pointing her fork in my direction. I shrugged and said, "Sure, why not? I never really get a chance to go walk around."

She smiled and said, "You'll love it!" I looked down at my plate thinking back to my college years. I worked my ass off as a student and I'm proud of myself for doing that. A part of me was rediscovered when I actually had a chance to sit down somewhere quiet and enjoy my own company. Just my thoughts and I. Every morning I would go to a coffee shop near my dorm and sit there for an hour or two. I sometimes got coffee and sometimes not, but that wasn't my favorite part.

During my teenage period, I had always looked forward to the individuality and freedom of adulthood. About 85% of that was true and the other 15 well, that was the downgrades of mortgage, bank accounts and self reliability as well as responsibility and maturity. College gave me an opportunity to find a state of calm and figure out how to let go of all the troubles of my past.