Chapter 12: Flashbacks

I have no words to describe how amazing you all are! Freakin 1.2K reads!!! Holy Mother Bagels!! I really hope you enjoy this chapter cause it does get a little emotional... Thank You all again you are AMAZING!!!!

"Jeez guys I was just kidding!" said Martin reading the shocked expressions on our faces. Daan was the only one who laughed but soon stopped seeing that it wasn't funny. Thankfully the waiter came just in time with the food to save us from this awkward situation.As I took a sip from my drink someone whispered something in my ear, "It really was you know." I pretended like I didn't hear him and turned away. All I could think about is why he would tell me that? Did he really think I would like him after all he did to me? Does he still have feelings for me? As I was reaching for a plate, Martin asked yet another question," Where did you get that scar." I almost banged my fists on the table when he said that.

Was he trying to make me look like a fool or was he testing my patience because honestly I was at the breaking point. In my mind I answered, "Are you really that clueless?" I looked over at Jordy and Robert and they both had a look that said, "Don't do anything stupid." I looked up at him with pure anger in my voice and said, " Oh, my ex who abused me gave me that scar." He didn't reply but instead sat quietly.

Good. That finally shut him up. I turned to Daan and said, "Don't you have a new song coming up?". He nodded his head and said, "Yeah it's called Anubi and it's a collab with Marc&Kremont." For the rest of the night we talked about new artists and music. Once we were done we decided to walk home since it wasn't far. Martin took a cab back to his place leaving the four of us to go back home. Daan agreed to moving in with us since the three of them were working on a collab anyways.

Once we arrived at the apartment, I ran up to my room to take a shower. It felt nice considering my very long day full with too many things I didn't want to think about. Once I got out of the shower I found Daan instead of Jordy in the room. "Jordy agreed to trade for the time being." Daan said looking up at me. I smiled and crawled under the warm sheets. Before going to sleep I decided to listen to some music. I plugged in my earphones and played Escape by 3LAU with Paris & Simo. I felt myself sing along to the lyrics, getting lost in the melody.

Daan P.O.V.

I laughed when Martin joked but shortly after I realized something wasn't funny about it. When Angel came back from the bathroom I could tell something was wrong. She didn't look at me and she stayed awfully quiet. I caught Jordy and her holding hands and whispering in the cab ride to the restaurant. What was going on?

Dinner was nice but the air was filled with tension. I felt like I was missing out on the whole picture! Everything calmed down once we got back to the apartment. I walked into Jordy's room and found Angel. She looked a lot better than before, but I just wish she would tell me what was wrong. I heard her crystal clear voice over my shower and I just couldn't stop listening. I don't understand how she could never have been discovered before Robert!

Martin's P.O.V.

I searched through the crowd looing for Daan. We didn't know each other that well but we still appreciated each other's music. Daan was more about funk and Jordy was more of hard drops. But, I definitely wanted to do a collab with the one and only Hardwell, or Robert as I know him. Finally, I felt a hand on my shoulder and found Daan behind me. " I have to show you to this amazing girl! She's a singer and man is she gorgeous!" Daan said. He led me to the bar where one girl managed to match his description. She also managed the description of an all too familiar person. Daan tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around smiling at him. As I felt her gaze on me, her smile disappeared.

I knew she didn't want me here. She stood up and hugged me, "I'm a huge fan!" she said slightly squeezing me. I had to tell her what happened that night. I need to tell her about my past.. "We need to talk." I whispered in her ear softly, almost inaudible. She froze and then calmed. She probably thought I wouldn't recognize her. I took a seat next to her looking at the sparkly mask Daan lent me. It was covered in purple and grey sparkles that spiraled away from the eyes. I could hear her talking to Daan. I got up and headed to the bathroom to see how the mask looked. Once I came out I caught her walk past me in the same direction. Now was my chance. I tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around smiling. "You just couldn't wait until after the show could you?" she said slowly leaning closer.

What was she talking about? Before I knew it, her lips were on mine. I couldn't help myself so I kissed back. She pulled away and left me there clueless. I stood there dumbfounded with millions of thoughts running through my head. I decided to go back to Dyro's show and see if the music would help clear my mind. Once the show was over I waited by the taxi pick up area. I waited until I saw Jordy, Daan, Robert and Angel climb into a taxi. I followed Daan, being the last one in. It looked like she had been crying before for some reason. "Sorry for the late notice, but I invited Martin to dinner with us." said Daan next to me.

"It's fine. We're glad to see a familiar face with us." said Jordy smiling. Shortly after, I saw Jordy take Angel's hand and whisper for a couple seconds. I remembered that I was still wearing Daan's mask so I took it off and handed it to him. "Here is your mask back." I said handing it to him. "Thanks. Angel bought it for me this morning." said Daan looking over at her. I did the same. She had changed but not by looks. She was more confident and outgoing than before, dressed in her usual outfit. Although, her eyes did look a lot more brighter than before too.

When we arrived at the diner she asked for a table for five. We sat down at a booth, and I chose to sit in the corner next to her. We passed time by playing truth or dare. Angel asked Daan. Jordy asked Robert. And finally the turn had landed on me. I decided to test the waters by asking Angel. "Who was your first kiss?" She looked confused and said, "Wait, what?" I repeated my question and she took a deep breath. "Daan." she said smugly. Her answer ripped my heart in half. Did she really hate me that much? For payback, I said Angel was my first kiss when Daan asked but of course I was just kidding. Though, I did know it would scare her.

Once the food came, I took the opportunity to whisper, "It really was you know" in her ear. She pretended not to hear me and turned away. Ouch. That tore my heart again. I had to leave that place once we were done. The whole time she treated me like a piece of shit! I can't believe that after everything she would act like that! The whole cab ride home all I could think about was her and what happened.

1 month ago...

I woke up to the worst hangover of my life. That and I had no idea what happened last night. All I could remember was Angel crying. I groggily walked down the stairs and into the kitchen in desperate need of an aspirin. My vision was blurry and I could barely walk straight. I steadied myself and held onto the couch. What the hell? I thought looking at the messy floor. There was dried blood on the floor and lots of it. The table was flipped over and pieces of a broken vase littered the floor. The door was ajar with the blood trail leading out of the house. My first thought was a robbery gone wrong. I looked around and saw that nothing was missing.

I ran back upstairs to double check. I flung open the doors of my wardrobe and found everything in the same place. That's when my heart froze. Everything came flooding back into my head. I didn't want to believe any of it. Out of anger, I grabbed something off of my desk and threw it against the wall. She was gone. All her belongings gone. I caused this. I couldn't help my addiction and it caused the only girl I love to run away from me. All because of me, I hurt her and she cried. I paced back and forth in front of my bed. I pushed my painful hangover out of my head and forced myself to think. She will never want to look at me again. But you have to find her! Then what Martin? You think she will ever love you again after what you did?

My mind fought back and forth. My eyes landed on the object I had thrown against the wall. I kneeled down and picked up a photo from the shattered glass. A photo of Angel and I. I felt a tear brim my eye when I thought of the first time I layed eyes on her. When I met her, her eyes were filled with love and passion. Last night, they were filled with fear, confusion, and hatred. I slid down the wall and put my head in my hands. I took out my phone from my pocket hoping that this would work. I dialed her number hoping she would please pick up. Please. Please. Please. " I'm sorry, but the number you dialed is no longer available."

SOO what do yall think? Will Angel accept Martin again? Will Daan find out about Martin? Please comment, like, and vote to your heart's desire and stay AWESOME!! Love yall1 Angel xx