Chapter 34: Virus

I am so sorry for not posting like I usually do! I've been so damn busy with life in general and also, I was in a kind of depressed state a week ago for two weeks. I'm better now but, there is no denying the feeling will come back. It's hard to explain these kind of states so I'll just let you guys move on to the update! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, AND WATTPAD. I really appreciate the 11.7K and we are so close to 12K! I am so unbelievable happy to have come this far and I hope you all will enjoy my next fan fiction even more! Love you all- Angel :)

Chapter 34: Virus
We walked silently but I could feel the anger and thoughts radiating off of him. For the five minute walk back to the hotel, I debated in my head whether or not I should ask if he was alright. I know I really shouldn't get involved but he hasn't looked this bad since, well you know. I snuck a glance at his expression as we took the elevator up to our hotel room. His eyebrows were creased and he had his light green eyes fixed straight ahead on the buttons for each floor. As soon as we stepped outside, I took his hand and dragged him away from the direction of the hotel room. His eyes looked down and didn't meet mine like I expected them too.
"Daan what is going on with you?" I said feeling the worry build up for the second time that day. Without saying anything he pulled me into a hug. It wasn't just any hug to be exact. I could feel the hurt spread through his body to mine. I could feel every shaky breath he took in and let out. I could hear his heart crying silent tears. But the one thing that will never leave my memory is how he held me. It wasn't the way Martin held me but, it still meant something. His body was pressed as close to mine as possible and both his arms wrapped around my back in a way that I could feel his hand grasping my shoulders through the material of my jacket.
These few details can probably tell you how much pain he was in. The real question is why can I feel, hear, and notice all of these things? After a couple minutes, he stepped back and walked towards the hotel room still, without one word uttered. I stood in the same spot for a couple seconds to try and process what just happened before following in his footsteps. When I walked into the hotel room, I saw Daan disappear out onto the balcony but decided to go check on Martin.
I filled up a glass of water and brought the medicine with me. He lay on his back with his eyes open staring up at the ceiling. "Feeling better?" I asked setting the glass and the medicine down on the table next to him. "Sure. You could say that." Martin said sarcastically. His voice was raspy and he sounded sick. "Well, Daan and I brought you some medicine to cheer you right up!" I said trying to make him feel better even though it was obvious he didn't want my happiness.
He downed the medicine not caring what flavor it was and lay back down on his side facing me. I looked out the door to see what Daan was doing on the balcony but, all I saw was a shadow moving back and forth. "What is it?" Martin asked noticing my gaze. "Um well, after Jordy talked to Daan on the phone he's been acting...different. I tried to find out what was wrong but, he just won't say anything. I'm worried you know." I said looking down at my hands.
I let the last bit slip out by accident earning a mental facepalm for myself. He looked out at the balcony and sighed. "I'm going to go take a shower and see if that will help. I'm sure Daan will be fine in no time." Martin said getting up and walking to the bathroom. I watched as he weakly walked to the bathroom while holding one hand against the wall to steady himself.
Once I heard the shut of the door and the start of the shower, I got up from his bed and made my way to my room. After changing into some comfortable clothing I put my hair into a side braid and joined Daan cautiously on the balcony. I stepped out into the cold air wearing nothing but yoga pants and a sweater. I loved cold air but not when it was so cold that the air bit at your skin.
I tugged my sleeves down to cover my hands and walked beside Daan. As I walked, I tried to read his body language. He had both arms leaning over the railing and was looking out at London. He didn't seem to notice me because when I walked up to him he didn't turn to acknowledge me or do anything as a matter of fact. He just stood there staring into open space as if nothing around him could be seen or cared about more than whatever was on his mind.
I didn't have much time to talk to Daan before Martin came out so I had to hurry. "Daan." I said softly taking a place next to him on the railing. He didn't reply. I took his hand in mine instantly warming his cold ones. He finally looked towards me and said, "You know I have a sister right?". I nodded thinking back to when I saw her in a picture on his Instagram a few years ago.
"Well, apparently Jordy and Robbert found her in Ibiza at one of the clubs." He continued looking back out. I stayed quite knowing that he probably wasn't done talking yet. "She was sitting on the curb bawling her eyes out because apparently her boyfriend has been abusing her for the last two years." He said looking directly at me. A pang of sadness for him spread through my chest as I was finally placed in his position. "Oh my god. Are you going to see her any time soon?" I asked looking away from his gaze.
He nodded and said," I am flying out to Amsterdam tonight and I'll meet up with her there. I just can't believe I never noticed. She always seemed so happy around him. I guess people can really deceive you." He said trailing off. "That's good that you're seeing her. Daan she'll be feeling better in no time with you around so don't worry too much okay?" I said squeezing his hand. He smiled lightly and squeezed back. After a couple of minutes a knock sounded behind me.
I turned around to find Martin with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders with his hair tousled wet from the shower rapping on the screen door to let him out. I smiled and opened the door for him. Just as I pulled the door open, I felt the warm air hit from inside compared to the freezing temperature outside and stepped inside past Martin. "I was planning to come out but it's so fucking cold out there." Martin said still sounding sickly.
"How are you feeling? Did the shower help?" I asked walking to the kitchen to make some tea for Daan and Martin. I got the kettle out and poured some water in it to heat. "I am kind of feeling better besides the nausea every couple hours. My head is definitely less dizzier which is amazing. Is Daan okay?" Martina asked suddenly switching topics. My breath hitched and I decided not to tell him. "Yeah just some home-sickness." I said pouring the water into a cup with the tea bag already in it.
I looked up to find Martin sitting at one of the high counter stools still enclosed in his blanket. "Have you talked to Scooter yet?" I asked handing him his cup. He pulled the cup closer to him and said, "Yeah just now. He said that I could stay here until I'm up to travel home. The last two shows have been cancelled and I was upset about that but, like you said, my health is important too." I nodded thinking over how many days we would get to stay here. Daan came inside and took of his jacket. "Tea?" I asked meeting eyes with him. He nodded and took the glass, downing it quickly. Martin gaped at him with an open mouth in shock.
"How the hell did you even drink that so quickly? It's like 500 degrees!" He proclaimed. Daan laughed and said, "If you stood outside for a half hour then you would do the same!" I smiled and leaned against the counter. "Well, I'd better get going my flight leaves in an hour. I hope you get better Martin and I hope to see you soon Angel." Daan said walking towards the door. I waved goodbye as did Martin and watched Daan show himself out. I stood silently thinking over the conversation with Daan. The only thing that kept ringing in my head was,"I guess people can really deceive you."
What if it was that way with Martin? What if this was all some kind of game? I know that everyone says he loves me or all that shit but I just don't know if it's true. I wish something would reassure me of that. "There free wi fi if you want to Skype or something." martin said. "I'm going to talk with my family for some time so I'll be in my room." He said gathering his blankets, tea, and walking towards his room. I dug my phone out of my pocket and sent Jordy a message
Me- hey you guys in your hotel?
Jordy- yeah why?
Me- want to Skype?
Jordy- hell yeah
I smiled and rushed to my room. I pulled out my laptop and connected the wifi. While Skype was starting up I pulled my hair up and changed into pajamas. Immediately after, my laptop started ringing signaling that someone was calling me. I threw myself on my bed and accepted the call. Jordy's face appeared on the screen making me smile as he did the same seeing mine. "It's been so long! I feel like I'm seeing a stranger." I said putting my hand under my chin. "I know! So did Daan tell you about...you know?"
I looked down at my hands and back up at the screen nodding. "I feel terrible for him." I said seeing Jordy upset as well. "Yeah. He is a strong guy but when I told him he denied everything. I would never be able to function in his position. I wish I didn't have to tell him but, I had too." Jordy said frowning. "I'm glad you did because he deserves to know. Anyways, where is Robbert?" I said. Jordy looked around and said, "He is on the bed thinking.", raising an eyebrow. "Oh really! Mind bringing me over to him?" I said wondering what Robbert was thinking about.
"Sure." Jordy answered taking the laptop to the bed. The camera shaked around and I heard them speaking in Dutch. Finally, the laptop was set onto Robbert's lap making us face each other. He smiled and said," long time no see huh?" I smiled nodding as well. He looked exhausted for some reason so I asked, "not getting much sleep?" He said, "Well, I was until Daan's sister but, I will get back on it., dragging a hand down his face.
"I guess it's effecting us all. Well, at least your not taking care of an 18 year old sick boy!" I said laughing. "How is he? I heard he collapsed on stage?" He asked leaning forward in concern. "Yeah he did. He is somewhat better now but you have no idea how scary it was hearing that he had passed out." I said widening my eyes. "I bet. I'm sure your taking well good care of him though.... So, is his tour cancelled or what?" Robbert asked running a hand through his hair.
"I think it is but I don't know the details. All I know is that we're going to his home some time soon. When will you guys be back home?" I asked already getting excited for their return. "Oh wow that's interesting. Hmm let me check. I think in three days!" Robbert said with a large smile. "Oh my god. I cannot wait to see you guys. It's been FOREVER." I said splaying my arms wide in frustration. "Whoo! Three days will fly by!" I heard Jordy say in the background. I laughed at his excitement. Robbert starting laughing as well. Suddenly, the computer went black and all the lights turned off. "WHAT THE FUCK!" I heard Martin yell from the other room. Damn it. The electricity must of gone out. What in the real fuck.
I walked out from my room and towards the kitchen. I took the phone and dialed the number for the lobby. The phone wasn't working either. Fuck. I walked to Martin's room and saw him shaking his laptop. "The power went out." I said looking at him weirdly. "Yeah I realized that." He said. I rolled my eyes and said. "It should be back soon so don't freak out." I walked back to my room and checked the time. It was almost midnight. I should probably go to bed and text Jordy what happened.
I did that and lay down on my bed. I was still worried about Daan but now the realization was coming over Martin. If the tour was canceled and we really were going home then what the hell would I do? Would I just stay at their house or go to the apartment. Well, I think I'll have to stay at their house at least until Jordy and Robbert fly in because we live on the other side of Amsterdam. I wonder how this will go? I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep until the soft creaks of someone walking near my bed woke me up.
"What is it Martin?" I asked turning my head towards him. "Jesus Christ you scared the shit out of me!" He replied stopping in his tracks in front of my bed. "Well?" I asked again. "Um, well it's 2 am and the power still isn't back. The air condition isn't working in my room so I was wondering if I could sleep here since you have a fan and I don't..." Martin said wiping some sweat off his face. "Knock yourself out." I said too tired to care.
I heard the bed sink under his weight as he climbed in beside me. After about ten minutes just as my eyes began to droop I heard Martin say, "You still awake?". "I wouldn't be if someone wasn't still talking to me!" I said turning my head to the left and then back angrily. "Sorry I just wanted to ask you something." He said softly. "Fine but make it quick." I responded. "Are you okay with staying at my house for a couple days before Jordy and Robbert come back?" He asked. I thought for a second and said "As long as it's okay with your family. I don't want to barge in on them."
He exhaled and said, "I've already told them that your coming so great!" I turned over sitting up and said,"How did you know I would come?" I asked surprised. He paused at my sudden response and said, "Well, I figured that you didn't have anything to do since Jordy and Robbert won't be back for a couple days." I thought over this and said , "Fair enough." After a couple minutes I asked, "So tell me about your family."
He sat up against his pillows next to me and said, "Well, I have two parents and a sister. My parents have supported me since the start and they are my number one fans. I wish I could see them more but you know I can't. My sister and I are pretty close. She is annoying at time. She sings as well as plays the piano. We are a pretty musical family. My dad taught me how to play the guitar when I was younger and I played the Spanish guitar for seven years."
"Why did you stop?" I asked turning my head towards him. He looked towards me and said, "When I started producing I kind of put my guitar to the side and just lost touch of it. I focused on producing so much that I never had the time to play guitar. I think I might still know how to play but I don't really know until I pick one up again." He replied. I nodded trying to picture Martin playing the guitar. "Tell me about your family." Martin said turning his gaze towards me.
I thought about what I was going to say and then said, "Well, my parents raised me up in Florida and I have a younger brother by one year. I've lived in Florida all my life. Went to a private school and got a good education. My brother and I were pretty close until I moved to Amsterdam and kind of distanced myself from them." "Why did you do that?" He asked looking back up at me.
"It's kind of hard to explain. I still talk to my brother though it may be rare. I talk to my parents about once or twice a month. I guess I just wasn't close to my parents and they never knew about my love for dance music or singing. I just kept it to myself the whole time. When I was old enough to move, I did. They didn't question my actions since I am old enough to handle myself. I got a degree in interior design and hid my true passion for singing with that. Thanks to you,I guess,I was finally able to break free." I said looking down at my hands.
"I see... It's good that you still talk to them but, why weren't you close to the, about that?" He asked prying farther into my past. "Well, I just feel like they wouldn't support me. They were so persistent on my education that they never asked me about my personal life. They only knew the me that went to school, came back, and lived the life as a student. I made good grades. I made them happy. I guess I just really wasn't happy until I could move somewhere else from their education-driver minds. Sorry if that didn't make any sense. I'm just saying some stuff that come to mind." I said laughing lightly.
"No don't say that. I do understand what you're saying. I guess it was just easier for me to do the things I love since I was kind of raised in a place where being a DJ was common. Dance music is everywhere. It would be hard to be involved with dance music at such an early age in the states and want to pursue it as well. That why you see so many Dutch talents and only a few from the states. I get you." Martin said explaining it perfectly.
"Wow that is most likely it." I said baffled at his response. After a couple minutes of silence, I felt my eyelids close shut as the curtains of sleep pulled close. My head rested to the side on Martin as I fell into a peaceful slumber.