Chapter 22: Find You

Maybe I can update here? I couldn't help myself. I am so amazed at how many reads I have that I have to update. I made it longer since i have no idea if I'll be able to update again while I'm here! I hope I can respond to all your comments with the wifi issues here! I love this chapter and I hope you do too! Enjoy :)

Daan's P.O.V.

I couldn't sleep. Not with everything that happened. I tried everything, even counting sheep. The only thing that put me to sleep was having Angel in my arms. Just knowing that she was safe with me. Knowing that our love was unlike any other.

But how could I even believe anythings she's told me? How do I know she even loves me? I don't know whether to believe what Robbert told me. The more that I think about it the more it fits the puzzle. I know what your thinking. Just don't think about it Daan! Well that's kinda hard with the fact that's she's sleeping right next to me.

At this point I didn't care about Angel and Martin's "history". I just want to know why she never told me. Why she kept it to herself all this time. I'm glad that Angel got drunk, no matter how bad that sounds, because who knows what would've happened of she didn't give that tiny hint. I bet she would've kept it to herself.

My mind was too busy processing the reality to give me one wink of sleep. I slowly got up from underneath the bed sheets and changed my clothes. I picked out a leather jacket and denim jeans with a blue,thick scarf. After putting my wallet in my back pocket, I took one last long look at Angel. She was more gorgeous than she thought. She looked unbelievably beautiful with the moon light reflecting off her sharp cheek bones.

She was like the goddess of song. I always told her that she was beautiful but I never told her how beautiful she looked in the night. Her eyes would get brighter and sometimes that's the one thing that I couldn't look away from. It's as if god made her to live in the nighttime. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nighttime is probably the best time for me to drive. I'm more alert and the bright lights don't hesitate to keep me wide awake. As I pull up to the bar, I notice a few shadows moving around inside. I turn off the ignition and step out into the 65 degree air. Naturally, I wasn't cold being raised in Breda. The cold is somewhat relaxing but at the same one reminding me why I was here. I lifted the collar to my jacket up and took a deep breath of cold air.

The few steps to the entrance seemed like forever. My pace slowed as I looked up taking in the beauty of the night. Each star shone as if they were LED lightbulbs. The moon was crescent shaped, also shining brightly. I took one last breath before pulling back the wooden doors. With one step forward, the familiar smell of booze and cigarettes hit my nose like an arrow. My eyes scanned over the pub landing on one person.

I stepped around the pool tables and sat at the bar. "One beer please." I said to the bartender, holding a bill up between my index and middle finger. As she prepared the beer I looked to my left at the boy in black. His gaze remained forward, not blinking. His grip on the glass of water was like steel. "Not drinking today huh?" I asked taking a sip of my beer. My body relaxed at the coolness of the drink as the air was thin and murky. "Nope." he replied shaking the water around.

After a couple minutes of tensioned silence he asked a question,"So how was it?", taking a sip of his water casually. "How was what?" I replied confused turning my body, on the stool, towards him. His eyes met mine cold and angry. "The sex." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I spit out my drink, coughing and patting my chest. "I'm sorry?" I said bizarred at his question. "Come on Daan we're brothers. You can tell me anything." He said turning his body towards me also. "I did not (cough) have sex with Angel!" I said insulted.