Chapter 28: Dear New York

Welcome yet again to another update of His Animal! This week we have lots of new romantic moments and on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments! Also, a special guest might appear somewhere in the chapter! I wonder who? No, seriously. Even I don't know who it is. I'm just typing this out and imagining myself saying this in some kind of game show voice. Well, let's get started shall we? Begin reading now!

Deep breath in. Deep breath out. In. Out. I know it hurts but you have to bear it. I looked at the window to see how far we were from landing. I could make out signs on buildings now so not long. Sadly, I had no gum with me and no matter how many times I tried squeezing my nose and blowing air through my mouth, my ears just wouldn't pop. Sometimes I was lucky and didn't get these ear aches. I guess not this time. I looked towards Martin to find him putting on his Ray Bans. "Are you ok?" he asked seeing the water line in my eyes and my tight grip on my bag. "Yeah. Just a little pressure in my ears. It'll go away soon don't worry about it." I said with a small smile. He put his hands on my ears and tugged trying to see if that would work. "Well?" he said still holding my ears.

"Nothing. Still there." I said wiggling a finger in my ear. "You did look pretty funny though." he said cracking a grin. He blew up his mouth and fanned his hands out in front of his ears to imitate me. I rolled my eyes and continued wiggling my finger in my ear. Just as another wave of pain coursed through my eardrum, a jolt of the aircraft signaled our landing. As we sped down the lane, my attention was brought to the disappearance of my ear ache. "Yes! Finally!" I said throwing my hands up in the air. "Ear aches gone!" I said high-fiving the fight attendant. She high-fived me back and smiled walking by. Martin smiled and gathered his belongings.

We didn't have anything in the over head compartments so the trip to the baggage claim didn't take long. We picked up our suitcases and walked outside. Martin stopped by the curb and pulled out his phone. I did the same. I sent a quick text to Jordy saying that we had landed and were fine. It took forever to send being that he was in a different continent. By the time it did, a SUV had pulled up with a driver in the front. He helped us with our luggage and climbed back in. The ride was short being that the hotel was only a 20 min drive from JFK (John F Kennedy International Airport). I've been in New York a couple times but only to pass through. Just breathing in the air made me feel comfortable and at home. I was originally from Florida but moved to Amsterdam to study interior design. Before I knew it, I had decided to follow my dream of being a singer.

It's been ages since I've been on US ground. It was nice to see the tall buildings and so many people on a sidewalk. Then I remembered that EDM wasn't as popular here as it was in Amsterdam. Looks like I'll be getting a mix of everything. "Ok. So we have about two hours in the hotel before going to Pacha tonight." Martin said looking at his phone. "My manager, Scooter, said that you can do whatever you want. If you want to sing you can sing. If you want to watch you can watch. It's up to you." he continued sitting up in the seat. Since this was New York the seats were facing towards each other. This meaning, Martin was directly in front of me. As the car shook on the worn road, our knees rubbed against each other's. Martin was wearing shorts while I was wearing jeans.

"I'm kinda tired still so I'll watch today." I said checking the time. It was 5 pm Eastern Time. I wasn't in the mood to sing being that we had a long flight but I would still be there to support Martin. Once we arrived at the hotel, Martin checked in as the porter brought our luggage up. When we walked through the hallway, I noticed that Martin only had one key card in his hand. Oh he must be pretty happy on the inside. Hopefully there's two beds? My heart raced as he held the key card to the sensor. What if things get you know heated up? Am I ready for this? The AC came onto my face as he swung the door open revealing a room with a bathroom, kitchen, living room, balcony, Jacuzzi, and thankfully two beds. It wasn't even a room more like a master suite!