Chapter 1: The Encounter

I walked onto the stage sweaty and nervous. This was finally my moment to shine and I did not want to screw it up. After all, that was all I ever did. "Hello! my name is Angel and today I am going to sing "Apollo" by Hardwell!! I hope you enjoy" I said into the microphone.

Today was the day I would show myself to the world. I am singing my heart out and putting everything into it. Even though the lyrics were a small part of the song, it was still beautiful. This song has meant so much to me ever since I heard it and every word just speaks to me. I really felt the meaning behind it and it just transformed me.

Halfway through the song, I spotted lots of people gathered around the entrance to the club. There were flashing lights and screaming. What was going on? I contined singing like nothing was going on. That when I locked eyes with a gorgeous pair of greenish gray eyes. His face was perfectley chisled but soft. He looked my age but possibly older. He wore a black V neck with a black hoodie. His gaze told me he was strong but his eyes told me otherwise. At least what he was feeling? I don't know, it just seemed that way for some reason.

Once I finished the song, he applauded along with everyone else and disappeared into the crowd. Damn, I got to admit he was handsome! I got off stage and was congratulated by many fans.

After this I changed into a fancy dress and headed to the after party. I invited my best friend Angelica with me. She was beautiful with loose brunette curls and a pretty face. She had blue eyes whereas I had dark brown straight hair with carmel highlihts and brown eyes. I wasn't too keen about my looks as she was. I just went as I was.

We arrived at the party and I settled with a coke. I danced a little until I set my gaze upon a familiar set of eyes. He has brown hair and dimples. Score! *coughs* Um, I didn't just say that did? We watched each other for a little bit. He seemed like the bad boy type but his eyes were soft and calming. They reminded me of the ocean. The smell of salt water and fresh air. The wind lightly blowing through your hair as the sun cast its rays of light down upon you.

This time he walked to a empty hallway gesturing for me to follow him. I did wondering what exactly I was getting myself into. He introduced himself as Martin Garrix. I was like what the hell! I liked his music and it was a bonus that he was good looking himself. Jesus, I need to stop saying that. I casually said, "Hey I'm Angel." "I saw you sing and I just wanted to say that you are incredibly beautiful." I blushed and said, "Thanks." We chatted and exchanged numbers. "I have to go to the stage but we can catch up later." he said fixing his jacket.

I didn't get to say bye to him after since Angelica whisked me away. It was really late and we had an early start the next day. I guess I would text him later. Maybe. I usually don't though. This wasn't the first time I had been approached by a guy at a party, but this was the first time I had talked this long. He was the one to leave me clueless for a change instead of the other way around. Huh. Interesting.