Chapter 35: Nothing Like Home

Wow, it's been a while since I've updated but God damn have I been busy. I have had so many things to do before break and during break so today is really the only free day I get! I hope you enjoy what I've worked on though, it may not be done to the best of my ability! I just don't want to make you guys wait since I have Mid-Terms coming up very soon. Right after that I have Christmas Break and I'm positive I'll be somewhere who knows for the first week. I'll try and update before but I just don't know If I'll have time! Anyways, I hope you enjoy so let me know what you think! I really appreciate the votes but I'd much rather have comments you know? Please? Anyways, enjoy!

Chapter 35: Nothing Like Home

I awoke to the sound of someone coughing next to me. Instantly I jumped away with my eyes wide. Martin looked at me weird and then continued texting someone. "My manager booked us a flight back home whichever leaves in a couple hours. We should start packing." He said getting up and scratching his head. I got out of bed, yawned, and began taking all my clothes out from my drawers and closet. I set out a pair of clothes for me to wear, took a shower, and got ready. I felt refreshed and awake after my shower so getting ready didn't take long. I put on a sweater, jeans, and a Revealed snapback that I had stolen from Robbert.
Once I was ready, I checked to see if I had left anything and put my bags by the door. Martin walked out of his room with his bags in hand, shutting the door behind him. He was wearing a long sleeve shirt with a thin jacket, jeans, and scarf around his neck."Ready to leave?" Martin asked taking his phone out to check the time. I nodded my head and said, "How are you feeling?". "Somewhat better, just a little bit of a headache and sore throat." He said putting his phone away. "Well, here is some pain killers for now and we can stop somewhere for breakfast in the airport. Oh and I called a taxi already." I said handing him two pills.
He got a glass of water from the kitchen and downed them both. I was sad to leave London so soon but, Martin was sick. We walked out of our room and checked out of the lobby. Checking out only took a few minutes so we climbed into the taxi and left for the airport. Once in the taxi, I pulled out my phone and texted Daan.

To: Daan Romers
From: Angel
Message: Text me when your free. Or call if you need to talk okay? Hope you had a safe flight :)

After texting Daan, I turned towards Martin. He was still coughing but definitely better then yesterday. "When is our flight?" I asked. He looked up at me, his face pale, and said, "Um, I think in an hour and a half. We have time.". I nodded and said, "You look like you need some tea or something. You seriously look like a ghost." He laughed lightly and said, "I'm just cold and sick. I'll be fine but, I will go for a cup of tea!" I smiled to see he was his usual self besides the sick symptoms. We arrived at the airport in a few minutes.

Martin's P.O.V.

We got to the airport, checked in, and passed through security. My headache was slowly going away though I couldn't smell anything or taste anything. As soon as we arrived at our gate, my eyes landed on a nearby cafe. Angel and I walked over to the cafe, got our drinks, and sat down at a small table. "I forgot to tell you, thank you for uh last night. It was nice to talk like that." Angel said holding her coffee in her hands. I smiled remembering our late night chat. I was glad to know more about her. She seems to always avoid telling people about her real self. I wish she was more open about it because her personality is amazing.
She is pretty funny, smart, and outgoing yet, I'm attracted to her shy, introverted side. I love how she sometimes sits alone, or enjoys a moment in her own world. It's something that makes me want to share a moment with her like that. Together in our own world. I want to be able to sit like this not talking yet still enjoy each other's company. Catch eyes every couple seconds but not have to say anything. I guess people could look at us as strangers but in all honesty we communicate with our eyes. We don't have to say anything to communicate. We can just glance every once in a while at the other and know that we are still both there in the moment.
We finished our drinks and got up to board our flight. Once in the plane, we took our seats and got comfortable. It was only a forty-five minute trip. I was pretty happy when I got those mini-pretzels since that is the best part of an airplane ride! I didn't feel like working on music so I left my laptop in my bag. I was super excited to see my family since it has already been a month and a half since I've actually talked to them face to face. The other night when the electricity went out, I was talking to my sister. I had already told her Angel was coming and that I needed her help to get her back. She agreed since she already was excited to meet Angel. I was just about to hear what she had to say before the wi-fi went out and the call ended. I was sad about that but, now I'm just eager to get home.