Chapter 24: Lightbulb

Thank you all so much for reading and voting! I highly suggest that you have a tissue box next to you when you read this chapter because it might make you cry. Don't feel bad if you do. I did. I hope you enjoy and don't forget to comment below! I will be back in the US on the 30th. I will be staying in NY with my cousin till the 4th. Then I will go back to Florida! I miss you all and don't forget to comment!

One thing I will never forget is who appeared at our doorstep that morning. Why? It changed my future. She was like me. Sharp cheekbones, makeup, and purple hair. I think it suited her but there was something else bothering me. "Uh, can I help you?" I asked slowing my pace as I approached the stranger. "Hi! My names Heather. I'm a friend of Daan." She said getting up from the steps. I smiled and extended my hand, "I'm Angel. Daan's girlfriend."

I don't know why but I had some kind of gut feeling to tell her that I was his girlfriend. It was a in-the-moment, reading-her-expression kinda thing. The smile disappeared off her face in an instant but I pretended not to notice. That's interesting. Maybe she's his sister? "Come on in!" I continued breaking the silence. I walked past her and held open the door. She looked at me for a second and then walked in. I closed the door and put the keys on the table.

She jumped at the sound of the "clack" of the keys hitting the wood. Weird. "Are you hungry or thirsty?" I asked politely. Always be a good host right? "Water is fine." She said looking around the apartment. There was something wrong with this new stranger. First she was all sweet and now she's snappy. Mood swings much? I handed her the glass of water and said, "I'll go call the boys." She nodded and took a seat at the counter.

Daan's P.O.V.

"Boys someone's here! Look presentable!" Angel called from downstairs. She's back! Once the "person" left maybe I could finally talk to her about before. Of course Martin and I noticed she had gone somewhere early this morning but it would be too much to follow. We let her go. Once we were all ready, cleanly shaved, and fresh we headed down the stairs to greet this person. I followed behind Martin, combing a hand through my hair. Mid-comb, I pause at the bottom step. Why?

Because the she-devil had arrived. How did she find me? Who let her in? This isn't good at all. She smirked at my appearance but averted her gaze to the others. They didn't know who she was so I had to introduce her. "This is Heather, a...friend..of mine." I said trying not to sound angry. She pulled me into a hug but I didn't hug back. She was the same Heather except now she was "Purple Hair" Heather. God, I hope she didn't say anything about me to Angel. It would be off with her head otherwise. Not literally but you get the idea.

Martin's P.O.V.

In case your wondering, no I did not beckon her here. No I did not purposely send her here. She came here on her own. How? I don't know! Just gonna put that out there. I'm not that bad you know.

Angels P.O.V.

I am a very spiritual person at heart. Not that much for religion but my friends consider me to be an amazing body reader. That was what I was doing when the boys came down the stairs. I watched from the kitchen at their body language. My eyebrows scrunched together when I saw Daan. He had a hand in his hair but his eyes were fixed on Heather. I noticed that he had stopped breathing, just frozen. At first, I thought he was happy. Like when you pause to think of what to say or do.

He must've realized he hadn't moved,as well as took a breath of air, because suddenly he moved forward ahead of the others. The way he walked up to her told another story. His pace was slow but kind of angered. I had forgotten about being a host at the moment. Bringing out drinks and snacks, I took a good look at the Heather. She seemed happy to be here but slightly annoyed. After passing out everything, I took a seat next to Daan.