Chapter 18: Talks and Injuries

Wow! I know it's summer and I should've updated earlier and all but I have had the worst writer's block. The worst part is that it lasted for a WEEK. I AM SO SORRY. Anyways, I finally was able to finish writing the chapter today so yay! Here ya go :) BEWARE OF IMENSE CUTENESS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

My eyes shot open. The sun wasn't up yet so it must be early in the morning. Sitting up I checked my surroundings. Someone must've carried me to my bed last night. There was a body in the dark next to me that could only be Daan. I slowly got out from under the sheets and walked to the bathroom careful not to wake him.

I didn't think I would fall asleep again so I decided I needed to go for a run. Just to clear my head. I headed downstairs squinting in the dark. The clock in the kitchen said it was 5:30 am. I grabbed my phone, earphones, and wallet. After leaving a sticky note on martins forehead saying where I was, I headed out the door.

The weather was perfect for a run- not to hot not to cold. Although there was some mist, I could make out an outline of the sun in the horizon. The song I was listening to was "Shockwave" by Joey Dale. My pace matched the beat of the song making the run steadier. I turned the corner and reached a small coffee shop. I walked in and ordered a cup of coffee. The bell to the door rung and a familiar person walked in.

"Angel! I didn't know you came here!", said Anton walking towards me with a smile. "This is actually my first time here. I was taking a jog and decided to stop by for a cup of joe." I said taking my coffee from the cashier. We sat down at a table in the corner sipping our coffee. "I'm sorry if I sound nosy but I have to ask. What exactly happened to your face?" Shit! I completely forgot about that. "Oh. Um. I fell down the stairs." I said looking out the window to avoid his gaze.

"I may be a dj but that doesn't mean I don't know when someone's lying Angel.", he said. I sighed and met his eyes. "None of the guys did this to you right?", he asked worried. "No. They would never lay a finger on me." I said. "Look, I really don't want to talk about it." I whispered. "I'm sure the press is already all over it anyways." I said looking down at my coffee cup. He nodded his head and took a sip of his coffee. "I know that we just met but you can trust me. I'm here if you want to talk. Remember, I'm you friend.", he said.

I watched in silence as he got up and left. Now I felt terrible. Maybe, I needed someone to talk to. Maybe, I should tell Daan? I sighed. Not yet. I threw my empty cup away and ran all the way back home. The sun was all the way up. I guess our "talk" took a lot longer than I thought. I stepped in to find Martin on the couch. He was blankly looking at something but before I could see what it was Jordy rushed down the stairs.

He engulfed me in a hug and kissed my forehead. "Good morning to you too!" I said. Suddenly, a fiery pain erupted on my cheek. I grimaced but hid the pain with a small smile. "I'm going to go for a shower!" I yelled down the stairs. The jet of hot water instantly relaxed my sore muscles and freshened my mind. After wrapping my body in a towel, I focused on examining my injuries. My cheek was was still bruised pretty bad and any make up that I had wouldn't be able to cover it.

Every time I tried to soothe the bruise with water, pain would shoot through my entire face. "Ow!" I whispered/yelled. "Everything alright in there?", a voice said at the door. "Just peachy!" I replied in frustration. I opened the door just a crack to find Robbert. "Do you mind getting the first aid kit please?" I asked politely. He nodded his head and turned around to go get it. "Wait Robbert!" I said before he walked out the door. "Yes?", he said sticking his his head back into the doorway. "Send Martin up here also." I said and closed the bathroom door.

I slipped on yoga pants and a tank top.

"Knock Knock" a voice said at the door. "Come in." I said putting my hair up into a ponytail. Martin walked in with the first aid kid. "Ok you are going to take a seat on the toilet and we are going to get our..injuries..cleaned up.", I said with my hands on my hips. He nodded his head, took a seat on the toilet, and handed me the kit. "So who goes first?" I asked laying out the kit. "Well, there's only one way to solve this.", he said standing up. "Rock paper scissors?" I said finishing his sentence. "Best out of three." He said extending his hands.

After 30 seconds of hardcore "playing" a champion arose. "Yes! I won!", I said grinning. He frowned and sat back down on the toilet. "Don't worry I know what I'm doing." I said seeing the worried expression on his face. I took everything that I needed and put them on the floor. After kneeling down, I took Martin's chin and turned it to the right getting a better view of his injury. He closed his eyes and let me do what I needed to do. I could tell that his eye really hurt but he stayed quiet. I cleaned his eye with a swab. "Ok your eye is all done. Now for your hand.",I said throwing the bloody swabs away in the trash.

"Wow! That was quick!" He said admiring my work in the mirror. "Well, I have always wanted to me a doctor before singing." I said tearing open another alcohol swab. "Give me your hand." I said. He extended his hand. His knuckles healed a little ire night but they still needed to be cleaned. Otherwise there was a risk of infection. "Ok this is going to hurt." I said looking up at him. "If you want you can hold my hand." I said holding it out to him.

He took my hand and said,"Ready." As soon as the swab made contact with his knuckles, his hand squeezed mine with such force enough to cut off my blood circulation. I grit my teeth and continued to clean his wounds. After throwing the swab away, I applied some soothing ointment on his knuckles. Slowly,his grip loosened and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Better?" I asked looking up at him. "Very." He said and let go of my hand. "You really had a grip there didn't you!" I said shaking out my hand.

"Haha my bad." He replied blushing. "Your free to go." I said washing my hands. "Wait what about you?", he asked scrunching his eyebrows together. "Don't worry I'll take care of it.", I replied drying my hands off on my pants. "No way!", he shouted getting up, "Your turn." He took my shoulders and say me down on the toilet. "You sure. I don't think you know what your doing." I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"What makes you think that?", he said frowning. "Your holding a q-tip." I shot back. "So what do I use?", he asked looking over the kit confused. "Take a swab and wipe here." I instructed pointing to my cheek. He tore open the swab and kneeled down in front of me. "This is going to hurt Miss Angel. You may hold my hand.", he said. I took it smiling. The instant pain tightened my grip on his hand.

I felt the swab move across my cheek gently cleaning the wound. After a minute, I opened my eyes to find Martin extremely close to me. He leaned closer almost touching my lips. I could feel his breath against my face making my heart rate increase. Looking into my eyes he whispered, "I love you." Suddenly, the door burst open sending both of us flying to our feet. "What's going on in here?", asked Daan.

Oh boy this chapter took forever to type up! I'm sorry if there are typos I typed this up in a rush. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! I don't know if I'll update again this month but I will try since I won't be in America the whole month of July. I'm not even sure if I'll have access to the internet so I have no idea if I'll be able to update while I'm in India. Thank you so much for reading and DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AS TO WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN! I love you guys! -Angel xxx