Chapter 40: All I Know

Please listen to the song above as you read this. I was listening to this song while I was writing this and I knew it was the one for this chapter! Enjoy and stay tuned for an author's note! :) don't forget to comment and vote! Love you all :) x

...Two weeks later...

Angel's P.O.V

I stepped out of the taxi, clad in a black and white shirt with random animals on it, blue high-waisted jeans, jean jacket, and sneakers. After paying the driver, I rushed inside to meet up with the boys at the DJ Mag awards. I was a little late as it is but, still in time for the top 100 to be announced. I jogged lightly past people milling around outside the stadium, and showed the security guards my ID. They scanned it and let me past. My phone buzzed in my back pocket, and so I slipped it out and answered the incoming call.

"Hello?" I said knowing who it was already. "Where are you? We're waiting..." Robbert said. I smiled and said, "Don't worry, I'm here. Just looking for you guys.", scanning the crowd around me. "Well hurry up because they're going to start any minute." Jordy said in the background. My eyes finally picked out a Revealed SnapBack of whom only one person could own.

I made my way through the people and tapped on his shoulder. "Found you." I said as he turned around. Robbert smiled that cheeky smile of his and pulled me into a tight hug, a beer can in his right hand. Jordy hugged me softly and put his arm around my waist. "Are you nervous?" I asked stealing Robbert's hat and placing it on top of my head.

He smiled again and said, "Very but, it's all apart of the experience." I looked over at Jordy and asked him the same, "And you?". He shrugged and said, "I don't know." I kissed him on the cheek and said, "Well I know you boys did great because this year was amazing." They smiled and laughed.

My phones vibrated in my back pocket as the lights turned down and the crowd below us cheered knowing what was to come. I checked my lock screen to see a text from Martin.

Martin~ Hey, won't be able to make it to the poll. Flight got delayed so join me at the airport when it's over? x
Angel~ sure thing. Btw don't be nervous I know you're up there. Miss u x
Martin~ thanks :) miss u too x
Angel~ :3

I smiled and put my phone away as the announcer started talking. It took a while to get to the top 40 but when Daan was announced as number 30, I stood up and cheered my ass off. Jordy followed after a couple spots up and when it got to the top 10 my heart was racing.

Top 5 and everything seemed to be standing still. "Number Four...Martin Garrix." My heart stopped and everything froze around me. Jordy looked at me his mouth open with shock and Robbert was clapping off to the side. "HOLY FUCK!" I shouted shocked out of my mind.

No words could describe the immense amount of joy I felt at that moment. Then when Robbert was announced as Number One in the whole fucking world again, we let loose. Whatever happened tonight made memories. I wonder what Martin must be thinking? Feeling? Experiencing? Once we had partied and celebrated for everyone, I said my good bye and took a taxi to the airport to pick up Martin.

I texted him letting him know I was close and he replied letting me know where he was. Eventually, I saw his figure waiting by the curb and we stopped and picked him up. He put his bags in the trunk and got in.

At first glance, he looked normally tired and flushed. But today looking past all that, his smile couldn't had been greater or the sparkle in his eyes couldn't have been brighter. He pulled me into a hug, taking in his scent, and held my hand, squeezing lovingly, until we reached our destination.

We had reserved a small condo on a beachside just for the weekend. Just for the two of us. No electronics or outside sources. Just nature and us. It's what we needed after all the madness we had ensued this year. A vacation. I had already stopped by earlier to drop of my luggage and with Martin here, we were ready to relax for a change.

We took our time to walk inside and really get a feel for the place. I had changed into a bathing suit with a towel in my arms and was waiting on Martin to get changed. I leaned against the door and looked outside at the moon.

It was beautiful seeing the reflection on the water and the stars twinkling just as bright along side it in the large sky above. I sighed and closed my eyes, opening them when I felt a familiar arm snake across my exposed waist. "Ready?" I asked leaning into Martin's chest.

He nodded and we walked down to the shoreline. The water was lukewarm as we slipped in and waded our way out. Not too deep out though, as we had to keep our feet on the ground. I was comfortable keeping my feet on solid ground. Martin and I swam alongside each other just relaxing by ourselves.

Both of us were in our own minds yet connected in that very moment. It was soothing. It's like we were off in our own world but together at the same time. After some time, he swam over to me and put his arm around my waist.

I put my head on his shoulder and felt the warmth growing between us. I could hear his heart beating slowly, as he finally got a chance to slow things down in his life. After all, this whole year has been the complete opposite for him.

"So tell me, how does it feel to be the number four DJ in the world?" I said breaking the long silence. He paused looking over the water and replied a few seconds later, "I don't know. I guess I haven't come to realize it yet but, it's just a number on a poll. I'd rather get smiles then popularity."

I smiled at his response expecting an answer just like that. "Well either way, you know I'm happy for you." I said smiling up at him. He smiled softly and looked down at me. I looked back over at the moon and sighed.

"This is perfect by the way. So peaceful." I said breathing in the air. He leaned down and kissed me suddenly earning a smile in my direction. When he let go, I looked up at him confused. "Let's head back shall we?" He said and took my hand in his leading me back to the condo.

We both showered and changed into some pajamas. I was wearing some sweatpants and a tank top while he wore a shirt and pants. "So are you going to tell me why you're so quiet?" I asked looking at him as he walked towards me. He looked at me then said, "What do you mean?". "You're not very talkative all of a sudden." I said as he took a seat and put his head in my lap.

I stroked his hair and he closed his eyes and spoke, "I don't know. I'm just thinking I guess." I raised an eyebrow and said, "Is that a good or bad thing?" He laughed and said, "You of all people should know it's a good thing." I laughed and said, "Yeah you're right. So what are you thinking about huh?"

He paused again and said, "About a beautiful girl." I froze up for a split second and then continued as if I didn't. "Oh really." I said unsure of where this was going. "Yeah actually. She never seizes to amaze me. Her laugh makes me so happy inside and her smile makes my day. I just don't understand how I turned out this lucky you know?" He continued on.

I slapped his shoulder playfully and said, "Oh stop. No more please, you know I don't like all that lovey dovey stuff." He sat up and looked at me, criss-crossing his legs as I had. He sat directly in front of me, looking into my eyes. "I mean it. Really. I just, I can't thank you enough for making me happy." He said not leaving my gaze.

I swallowed and looked down, smiling. "You know you don't need to thank me." I said looking back up at him. "I know." He replied putting a hand on my chin. "But, you're too amazing so I had to." I smiled and said, "That's enough honestly haha. A kiss would suffice."

He kissed me hard, putting a hand in my hair and throwing me off guard. I did not expect that. I kissed him back feeling my love for the sweet grey-eyed boy swell up like a balloon. He was the one I had searched for and it was unbelievable to see that I had found him. I just, couldn't believe I had really found someone who didn't let me down and made me peaceful.

"Are you okay, you're crying?" Martin said leaning back and looking at me worried. I laughed and said, "Don't worry Martin. I'm just really happy I found someone so amazing is all." He looked at me and brushed the tear away. We both lay down, in each other's arms, and fell asleep like that.

Finally, after 19 years of my life, I had found someone worthwhile. Someone who cared for me, made me smile, made me at peace. After all, peace was what I needed. For all I know, peace was the hardest thing to find. To really cherish and hold on to. But that's for all I know. Now I know for sure, he is the one. The encounter was worth it. The pain. The tears. The ache was finally gone and now all there was was peace. Calm. Serenity. Now I know, I'm in love.