E L E V E N

"It's called a Kanima." Derek said as Him, Erica and I approached the two.

"You knew the whole time." Stiles said annoyedly.

"No. Only when it was confused by its own reflection." Derek replied as Scott frowned.

"It doesn't know what it is." He realized.

"Or who." I added.

"Well, what else do you know?" Stiles asked, his annoyance obviously still there.

"Just stories. Rumors."

"But it's like us?" Scott asked, gesturing to the four of us shapeshifters.

"A shapeshifter, yes," Derek confirmed, "but it's.. it's not right. It's like a..." he thought, not able to find the words that flowed easily into my mind. After all, I was considered one too.

"And abomination." Derek nodded and we started to turn when Scotts voice stopped us, "Derek. We need to work together on this, maybe even tell the Argents."

"You trust them." Derek snapped at him.

"Nobody. Trusts. Anyone." He said back. "That's the problem. While we're here arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, stronger, and faster than any of us and it's killing people! And we still don't even know anything about it!"

Derek glared. "I know one thing," he said and turned around to start walking, Erica and I following, "when I find it, I'm gonna kill it." I glanced back at the boys uncertainly before continuing with Erica. I feel like the only reason I'm even staying on Derek's side now is to protect his Betas. I don't want to be on any side. I just want to be a normal girl or at least pretend to be. But it's obviously impossible for a Mikaelson.

~

Erica dragged Jackson into the warehouse and Isaac and I both grabbed a hold of him to ensure he wouldn't get away.

"What happened to you on the night of the full moon?" Derek asked as he sat in a chair.

"What?" Jackson asked, confused and breathless. "Nothing. Nothing happened." There was frustration in his tone. Derek looked up at him.

"Your lying." He concluded, moving to put on gloves.

"No. No, wait. I can- I can prove it." He said struggling against us holding him. "I taped myself." We couldn't help but chuckle slightly at that.

"You taped yourself?" Isaac asked.

"Yes." Jackson said to him, "it was the full moon, and maybe while you curled in the corner having and existential crisis about turning into a monster, I was preparing for the so called gift your big bag alpha promised me and you know what I get? Nothing. You want proof, let me get the video."

"No." Derek said, grabbing a glass shard. "No, I have a better idea." Jackson stated at the shard in fear. "What is that?" We moved him so he was down on his knees, Derek standing and starting to walk forwards.

"You know, Jackson," Derek started, "you've always been kind've a snake. And everyone knows, a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom." Isaac forced his mouth to stay open while Derek let a drop of the Kanima Venom drop from the glass shard into Jackson's mouth. We dropped him and moved beside Derek, watching curiously as he sort've spasmed before becoming paralyzed. Derek sighed before walking over to Jackson.

"Your still a snake, Jackson," he said, kneeling down to his level, "just not the one we're looking for." Derek walked away and Erica and I followed him, Isaac coming shortly after.