T W E N T Y - O N E

We had been sitting in silence, agonizing Silence, for way longer than it should've been before it was interrupted by gasps and splashes of water. I instantly shot you and ran over to see Stiles, Scott, and Allison gripping the sides of the basins as they pulled themselves into a sitting position, gasping for air.

"I saw it! I know where it is!" Scott said as he climbed out.

"We passed it. There's- there's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down." Stiles said as he climbed out of his basin. "But it's still big, though, very big." He emphasized.

"It was the night we were looking for the body." Scott added.

"Yeah, the same night you were bit by Peter." Stiles said, looking at his friend.

"I was there too, in the car with my Mother." Allison spoke up, moving to climb out as well. "We almost hit someone."

"It was me." Scott said, looking to Allison in realization. "You almost hit me. We can find it." He said, turning to the rest of us.

"What?" Allison asked as tears blurred my vision.

"You guys were out a long time." Isaac replied.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asked urgently.

"Sixteen hours." Deaton answered.

"We we're in the water for sixteen hours?" Scott exclaimed in disbelief.

"And the full moon rises in less than four."

~

"No, dude, you are not going back with them." Stiles argued as he moved to sit down.

"I made a deal with Deucalion." Scott reasoned.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles asked us all.

"Why does it matter, anyway?" Isaac questioned.

"Because," Scott started, "I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help."

"He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong." Allison said to Deaton, almost daring him to say otherwise. But we all know that man is incredibly stubborn.

"I'm not so sure he is." Deaton said. "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you must align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies."

"So we're gonna trust him?" Isaac asked. "They guy that calls himself Death, Destroyer of Worlds? We're gonna trust that guy?"

"I wouldn't trust him, no." Deaton said. "But you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy but he could also be the bait." It was quiet as looks were exchanged among our group before the door clicked open. Deaton and Scott moved towards the door. "I'm looking for Lydia." I heard one of the twins say. The strawberry blonde walked over to come into view of the wolf man. "What do you want?" She asked.

"I need your help." He replied as we all started walking over.

"With what?" Stiles asked, peaking his head around the corner. "Stopping my brother and Kali....." the twin, I'm assuming Ethan by his sweeter nature, said. "From killing Derek."

~

Stiles drove us as strange thunder and lightning u til we drove right into a blizzard. "Come on." Stiles muttered as he dodged a tree just barely. I looked back at the front and my eyes widened. "Stiles, look out!" I shouted.

"Whoa!" He shouted as we ran straight into the tree, blackness taking over my vision instantly.

"You could've found it yourself, Hope." The other Stiles said as I gasped awake on the Nemeton. "You just needed to dig around your mind."