E I G H T

"Economic disparity." Coach said. "Exists in all forms. Take sports for example. Some teams have better training facilities. Some have better equipment. Unlike Beacon Hills that can barely afford the duct tape to keep our equipment together." He hit a Lacrosse Stick against Stiles's desk, the boy jumping slightly.

"You know, Stilinksi," Coach looked in disgust as the pictures Stiles was looking at. "If I could grade you on how profoundly you disturb me, you'd be an A+ student."

"Thanks, Coach." Stiles nodded.

"Put those pictures away." Coach glanced at me. "How do you even date this kid?"

"Well... he's better than my last boyfriend." I shrugged before Stiles grabbed ahold of the Lacrosse Stick. "Stilinski." He ignored Coach and took the rubber end off of the stick, looking between the picture and the open ended Lacrosse Stick. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Coach tried to yank it away and failed before he actually did yank it away from his grasp. "Don't answer that." He walked away as Scott and I looked at him. "It's a Lacrosse Player." Stiles said.

"The killer's on the team."

~

"Brett!" I looked at an angry Liam as he walked up to the other Lacrosse Teams bus, the kids walking off. "I just wanted to say.... Have a good game." He held his hand out and I smiled slightly. That was unexpected.

The kid, Brett, started laughing. "That's cute, Liam. Is that what they told you to say in anger management? Apologize and everything's fine?" Liam's face started changing into one of frustration. "You demolished Coach's car."

"I paid for it." He spoke through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, your going to pay for it. We're gonna break you in half out there. And it's gonna be all your fault." I looked to see Liam's hands clenched into fists before blood started dripping out. Scott and Stiles rushed forwards, Scott pulling Liam away. "Hey, what's going on Prep students? Welcome to our little public high school. How you doing?" He tried, holding out his hand, Brett not accepting. "Stiles. That's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for the scrimmage tonight. Uh, but let's keep it clean, all right? No rough stuff out there. All right, see you on the field." He turned around. "Go." They rushed Liam away as I stepped forwards.

I hand gripped my shoulder, stopping me. "Hope, don't." Sebastian's firm voice tried.

"I'll play nice if they do." I promised, walking forwards. "Hi, Brett." I walked up to him with a smile. He smirked. "Well, hello there." He smirked.

"Yeah," my smile fell. "Cut the crap." His face fell as well. "I don't like your attitude. I don't like your preppy face. I don't like that your so tall and it makes you look extremely awkward and it's distracting. So, I'm gonna say this once, play nice tonight, or I'll be angry."

Brett and his friends just laughed. "Oh, wow, that was so terrifying." He mocked. "Look at her eyes." He pointed directly in front of my eyes. "Look at how angry she looks. She thinks she can actually-" I cut him off my grabbing his hand and squeezing not too tight.

"Get your hand out of my face." I advised, glaring at him as I lowered his hand despite his struggle to get away.

"Hey, hey. Okay." Stiles cut in. I glanced over at Sebastian who just shrugged, hands shoved in pockets. "Why don't we all just calm down." He tried.

"Let me go you little-"

"-shut up." Stiles cut him off. "Seriously, dude, don't make her angry."

"She's kinda already angry." Sebastian interjected from his spot.

"I- jeez, I get that." Stiles shushed him before turning back to me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled it away from Brett as I let go of his hand. "That's it. Nice an easy." Stiles moved in between us. "Okay, uh... bye." He gently pushed me away and towards the School.

"What the hell was that?" He asked once we were inside. "That wasn't normal, even for you. Usually it's just a back the hell away and a terrifying glare or a tone of voice that scares everyone shitless but that was physical. Very, very physical."

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I didn't mean to. I just got angry." I sent him a weak smile.

"It's side effects." We looked to Sebastian as he walked up to us. "And you know that." I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, why are you following us?" Stiles asked, obviously annoyed . "And listening to our conversations?"

"Can't really turn my ears off, Stilinski." Was the half-hearted reply. Stiles rolled his eyes. "Anyway, what's this about side effects?" He asked.

"The full moon." Sebastian continued. "Even if you can control it, aggression or whatever can sometimes keep building up inside you until you turn." He looked at me. "When's the last time you turned?"

I thought for a minute. "Last year. After some psycho witch magically attacked me."

"I'm not even gonna ask. Anyway, that's way too long and you know it. You need to start changing more."

"So you're gonna go howl at the moon tonight." Stiles looked at me. "Run around. Chase a deer. I don't really know what you do." He shrugged.

"I'm gonna go to the Lacrosse game tonight, actually." I said. "As long as you don't horribly suck."

"I promise. Maybe."

"But you can go after that." Sebastian spoke up. "It's safer if you do change." I thought for a minute before sighing. "Deal. Tonight I'll run around in the woods, avoiding towns and people to the best of my ability. And I'll try not to get shot by the people currently running around killing supernaturals in Beacon Hills." My voice became more sarcastic as I spoke.

"Oh, yeah, that's might be a problem." Stiles said as if just remembering it.

"I can go with her." Sebastian volunteered.

"Wolves can tear humans to shreds and you don't exactly keep her calm." Stiles gave him a look.

"Actually that's not a bad idea." I spoke, Stiles looking at me like I was crazy. "Sebastian.. keeps me on edge." I thought up quickly. It's not technically a lie. "So I'll be more and more aware of my surroundings if he's with me."

Stiles thought before sighing. "I guess...."

"Cool." Sebastian said. "So I'll meet you at the preserve around midnight?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sure. Whatever." I said. "See ya." He nodded and walked off before I turned to Stiles. "Was that more about protecting me from Assassins or about protecting me from another boy?"

"Can't it be both?"

"I guess." I shrugged. "But if you didn't trust me then maybe you don't trust me enough to sleepover at your house tomorrow night." I smirked before spinning on my heel and walking down the hallway.

"Nope! Hope! Hope, I totally trust you!" He called after me. "Hope!"