T H R E E

Scott carried teen Derek into the animal clinic, all of us (Stiles, Lydia and I) running in after him. Deaton swiped everything off the counter, helping lay Derek down.

"Wow." Was all Deaton said.

"Wow? Wow as In, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow?" Stiles asked. "Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton replied. Lydia grabbed the boys hand. "He's cold." She said. "Really cold." Deaton grabbed the boys other hand, a concerned look on his face.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott questioned.

Deaton shined a light in Derek's eye. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Wait until he wakes up?" Deaton guessed. "Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate." Stile said.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton nodded.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asked.

"Knowing Kate, It's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

Scott scoffed. "And bad for everyone else." Stiles stated.

"You know, you guys should probably go home." Deaton said. "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep?" He glanced at me. "It is a School Night.. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott suggested.

"I'll stay." Lydia shrugged, hand still in Derek's. "My grades are fine.. Despite missing a few classes."

Scott dragged Stiles out as he refused to leave, not okay with Lydia staying with Derek with only Deaton to help protect her. She's badass. She's fine. I stared curiously down at Derek, glancing at Lydia as Deaton turned towards the cabinets. She nodded and I slipped my hand in Derek's, feeling the cold wash over me. I closed my eyes, feeling nothing but fear and hurt and pain. Magical Diagnosis not really working unless I considered myself an Empath.

Deaton turned around just as I opened my eyes. "Hope? You are one of the ones especially that need to take better care of your life. Get some sleep." I nodded, subtly shaking my head at Lydia before walking out, climbing in the back of Stiles's jeep.

He looked back at me and so shook my head 'no'. Stile started up the jeep and we drove off.

~

I I walked up to Stiles at School the next day except he was talking to someone. "Hey, what's up?" I asked as I came up next to them.

"Oh! Hope, this is Sebastian. He's new." The new boy flashed me a charming smile. His demeanor was confident and cool and I have to admit he was pretty good looking. I gave him a tight lipped one back.

"Pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand and I awkwardly accepted it, the boy bringing my hand up to his lips and pressing a chaste kiss against it before letting me go. I felt something as soon as his lips touched my skin, something dark. Cold. Stiles put an arm around me. It felt slightly possessive but I won't judge. Not yet, anyways.

"You too." I replied, eyeing the boy warily.

"Uh, so how do you two know each other?" Sebastian questioned, glancing between Stiles and I. "Oh, he's-"

"-her boyfriend." Stiles cut me off.

"Yeah, well, it was nice meeting you both but I've gotta go." He gestured the opposite direction.

"Yeah, go ahead." Stiles nodded, seemingly a bit glad of the boys departure. The taller then walked away, winking at me just before.

"You ready?" Stiles asked me.

"Hang on." I said, watching which way the boy turned. "There's something I've got to do first." He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "And no, you can't come." I walked off following after Sebastian. I ended up in the boys locker room which was thankfully empty with the exception of Sebastian.

"Hey, Sebastian." I leaned against a set of lockers as he turned around to face me, a smirk on his face.

"Knew it wouldn't take you too long." He said, walking closer.

"For what? To figure out that there's more to you than you let on? That you are or were a spoiled rich kid?" I paused. "Or that your a vampire?" His eyes darkened immeasurably at the words before the smirk found its way into his face again.

"And let me guess. Werewolf?" He chuckled, both of us starting to circle each other.

"That's right. And guess what else? I'll kick your vampire ass." I threatened, glaring daggers at him.

He scoffed. "Please. You couldn't lay one finger on me if I had my eyes closed."

"Wanna bet?"

"Takes too much time. How about I kill you first?" He opened his mouth, showing his fangs as dark veins crawled from his eyes. I let my eyes glow a golden hue, preparing to strike. Honestly, we would've probably actually tried to kill each other had the door not burst open. We whipped around to see Scott and Stiles run in, looking at the situation.

"What's going on?" Scott asked, looking between the two of us, panting slightly.

"Nothing." Sebastian flashed them a charming smile. "Nothings going on. Isn't that right, Hope?" They all looked to me as I clenched my fists. "Right." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Great. See ya, Stiles, boy with a crooked jaw," he looked at me and smirked, "little girl."

"That's it!" I went to run at him but Stiles wrapped his arms around my waist keeping me from tearing him limb from limb. "I'll break every bone in your body!"

"Yeah, looks it." He snapped. "How you gonna do that? Huh? Call in your little friends?"

"Ill snap your neck and burn your body to ashes!" I yelled as my feet hit the ground again. Suddenly, something cold wrapped around my wrist and I looked down to see my bracelet. I turned around to Stiles as his arms had moved. "I regret giving you access to that."

He just shrugged as Sebastian let out a scoff of a laugh. "You've got fire, Hope. But I see it can be easily diminished by that." He pointed at Stiles.

"You should be grateful because if you ever piss me off again, I won't let this so called fire go out." He smirked before closing his locker and walking out of the room.

"Why did you try to kill him?" Scott asked me confusedly once the boy was left.

"Because he's a pig who annoyed the hell out of me and I now want him to drop dead." I replied simply, sending the boy a sarcastic smile. "Class starts soon. Let's go."

"Wait." Scott stopped us. "What is with the bracelet? You used to wear it all the time and... just.. what's with it?"

I glanced down before looking back up at him. "A witch gave it to me when I was younger. It.... calms me down enough so that I don't freak and go all werewolf bitch on people." I lied.

"Oh....... Okay, then."