N I N E

"So you want me to turn invisible and make sure that Liam doesn't go full wolf?"

"Yes."

"No." I shook my head.

"Why not?" Scott asked. "Stiles said you could do it and if it means stopping Liam from destroying that kid, why wouldn't you?"

"Honestly?" He nodded. "I don't really care if he hurts that kid. It's Lacrosse. I've heard it's a violent game. Besides, that's cheating. I don't like cheating."

~

This game wasn't going the best. Liam tried to attack them once they knocked him down. It turned around once Kira made a goal after Stiles stole the ball. I smiled and stood, cheering with the crowd.

"Yukimura!" Coach called. "Get over here." Kira ran over to Coach. "Take a seat. Your benched for the rest of the game." He said as she took off her helmet.

"What? Why?" She asked as an furrowed my brows.

"You didn't pass."

"I had an open shot." She defended herself.

"The play was for you to pass. This is a scrimmage. It's about teamwork, Yukimura. So, your benched." He pointed at the bench as I gripped tighter into the bleacher. Kira looked back at Scott before sitting down on the bench.

"Cool it, Little Wolf." I looked up to see Sebastian sit down next to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He pointed down at the bench. I pulled my hands away to see burn marks in the shape of handprints. "Illuso." I muttered quickly, the image quickly turning to a normal bench.

"Your emotions are running high." He said. "Are you sure it's okay to stay for the rest of the game?"

"I'll be fine." We watched as the game continued. Liam and Brett ran into each other landing on the ground in a way that looked painful. The whole crowd gasped as my eyes widened. The whistle blew as Liam let out screams of pain. "Okay, back off!" Coach shouted as everyone surrounded their injured teammates. "Back off."

"How hard did you hit him?" Scott asked as he pulled Liam off the ground so he was standing.

"I didn't." Liam replied. "He hit me."

"Oh, wow." Stiles muttered. Scott ripped off his gloves and grabbed gently onto Liam's arm. "Close your eyes." I heard bones being reset as Liam let out only a grunt of pain this time, much different from Brett who, for some reason, just now started screaming.

"Alright, Brett, we're gonna pick you up now." A man said. The ref and the Coach of their team picked him off the ground and slung his arms over their shoulders, helping him limp to the benches.

"Did Garret cut you? Are you alright? Did he cut you?" Scott stressed after the sound of a blade being sheathed or whatever sounded.

"No. I'm alright."

"Then he missed." Scott realized.

"What do you mean?"

"Liam, you're the one he's after."

~

"So how long have you been doing this?" Sebastian asked as we walked deeper into the preserve.

"Since I was fifteen."

"So you know how to control it and everything?" Sebastian checked as we stopped walking deep within the preserve.

"Yeah. My Dad taught me on my first transition." I nodded. "After that, I used to do it all the time. Everything's more clear when your a wolf and I guess I just needed some clarity."

"Right. Well, let's get this started, shall we?"

"Sure." I walked behind a tree and started stripping before I let the change happen. It was quick and the pain only lasted for a fraction of a second, so small it was barely noticeable. I barked, waiting to see if he was ready and not still naked, receiving one back that said it was okay. I walked out to see a pure black wolf, a little taller than me but that was to be expected.

He jerked his head to the right and we took off running in the direction. We may have lied to Stiles but that's only because I could tell Sebastian didn't want them to know what he was. He was coming with me as a wolf and he still keeps me on edge so it was a semi-lie with semi-good morals to it.

We ran until we had to take a break and rested for a while. Suddenly, Sebastian shot up and let out a playful bark. I slowly stood, looking at him as he bowed down challengingly. Oh, shits about to get real.

I growled lowly before Sebastian lunged at me. I dove out of the way, the boy using his claws to stop himself before turning back to me. He lunged at me again and I let him hit me, both of us tumbling back until I finally pinned him under me.

He barked, letting me know he yielded and I won. I got off him, trotting up to sit on a ledge. Sebastian came up next to me and sat down a few seconds later. I howled at the moon, listening for something back. I knew it wasn't coming but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss doing that in New Orleans, always getting a reply from one of the other wolves.

I turned my head when Sebastian howled as well before I joined in.

~

"So who were you calling to when you started howling?" Sebastian asked as we started walking back, fully dressed.

"Just my old pack." I shrugged. "I know that they can't hear me from all the way over here but I guess I do sort've miss them even if I barely ever did anything with them."

"It's natural, Hope." He replied. "You have a pack here. A family. But you still have one back in.. New Orleans, right?" I nodded. "I would miss them too."

"What about your pack?" I asked. "You were originally just a werewolf so did you have a pack?"

"Well, my father is human and couldn't care less about me and my Mother just sits around like a weak minded puppy." He shrugged. "So my pack is small and insignificant. They also don't talk to me anyway so there's that too."

"Well, Smythe, you are my new... frenemy."

He raised his brows. "Frenemy? Oh, I'm honored."

"I'm serious. You piss me off but your have you good moments." I shrugged.

"Thanks?"

"Your welcome."