S E V E N T E E N

Derek lunged at her but Scott stopped him. "Derek, wait!"

"She was trying to get out." Derek snapped, pointing at the woman with pure hatred.

"I was trying to keep from getting killed. You can't blame me for that." Miss Blake defended.

"If you wanna show your one of the good guys, then heal her." Stiles stepped forwards, moving to stand right next to me.

"Not until I'm safe."

"I'd like to volunteer a different method of persuasion. Let's torture her." Peter suggested.

"Works for me." Derek agreed but once again Scott stopped him, about to speak but he stopped when the P.A system squeaked.

"Um, can I have your attention?" Melissa's voice asked. "Mr Deucalion- Excuse me, just Deucalion- requests you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the ER reception. Do this, and everyone else can leave. You have ten minutes."

The PA system was turned off. "He's not gonna hurt her." Miss Blake said.

"Shut up." Derek pointed.

"He won't!" She insisted. She looked over to Scott. "Scott, you know why. Tell them it's true." I furrowed my brows, all of us looking over to Scott.

"What does she mean?" I asked him.

Miss Blake sighed in annoyance when Scott didn't answer. "Your not the only one he wants in his pack." She said. "Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha pack. He wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of Alphas to his ranks."

"A true Alpha." Peter muttered, the realization of why Scott had so much authority over the others over this last few weeks hitting me.

"What's that?" Stiles asked.

"The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another." I answered. "One that can rise by the force of his own will."

"Our little Scott." Peter said.

"It doesn't matter." Scott replied, shaking his head slightly.

"He also wants the Alpha who bears the Crescent mark." Miss Blake continued, looking at me. "The descendant of the precious Werewolf queen of New Orleans."

"That doesn't matter either." I said, glaring at the woman.

"We still need to get her out of here." Scott said, looking at Miss Blake.

"Scott, your Mom-"

"-My Mom said there's one more ambulance coming in twenty minutes. And I don't think we've been here that long. So if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here."

"The twins aren't gonna let us just walk out." Peter pointed out.

"I'll distract them." Scott said.

"You mean fight them." Derek said.

"Whatever I have to do."

"I'll help you." Derek nodded.

"Um, sorry but I'm not going anywhere without you, Derek." Miss Blake said.

"I'll do it." Peter stepped up. "But I'd prefer to be out there with an advantage."

"An Advantage like what? You mean like a weapon?" Stiles asked.

"Something better than a baseball bat." Peter shrugged. We started digging through drawers and cabinets. "Hey, wait," Stiles held up some defibrillators. "What about these?"