N I N E T E E N

There were knocks against my door. "Come in." I called. The handle twisted and the door was pushed pushed open to reveal Freya.

"You've been holed up in your room all day." She said, walking in and sitting at the foot of my bed. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." I lied. The truth was I was still having flashes of hallucinations. "I'm just trying to get ahead on homework."

"It's break" she said, raising her brows.

"Yeah, like I said, I'm trying to get ahead." She looked unconvinced and I sighed. "Look, Freya, I just had a dream last night and I have a really bad headache right now so I was kinda hoping I could just stay in bed." I said. "Is that ok with you?" I prayed silently that she would leave without any more questioning.

She sighed. "I guess. I mean, your as lazy as a normal teenager today so you getting somewhere." She replied teasingly. I smiled. "Ha ha. And thanks." She nodded.

"I'm going to take Nik to the store to get some new shoes cause he's ruined his." She stood up, walking over to the door. "You sure your okay?" She questioned again.

"I'm fine, Aunt Freya. I promise." She sent me a small smile that I returned before walking out of my room, closing the door behind me. For the rest of the day, I dealt with hallucinations telling me it's all my fault and I'm just a cosmic mistake, I sketched and painted, I actually did some School, and I studied my Grandmothers Grimoire a bit. It was later in the evening, already dark when I got a phone call from Stiles.

"Hello?"

"Hope." His voice was hushed and strained at the same time. I furrowed my brows, waiting for him to continue. "Hope, we're at the station and Jackson and Matt and the Argents are here and Melissa and my Dad and I'm just crawling through the hallway and we need your help." He explained quickly.

"Ok, I'm in my way."

"Please. Hurry." I hung up the phone and jumped up from my bed. I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs and out the door, locking it on my way out. I ran as fast as I could towards the police station. I skidded to stop, looking at the place where I could smell so much blood. But I could also hear heartbeats. With that, I ran inside and through the halls, not stopping to assess the already dead officers. I ran towards the holding area and stopped when I saw Stiles laying on the ground.

"Stiles..." I breathed and ran over, kneeling down next to him. "Stiles, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Yeah." He assured me. "Just get Melissa out of there and go." He rushed. "Argent wants Derek's pack, and that includes you. You have to go. You have to save yourself." He said.

"Stiles, no. I-I have a life. I can't. I can't leave my family, you guys. I can't." I replied.

"Hope, you have to. Go with Isaac. He's the semi-nice one of the pack. Isaac and you, you'll take care of each other. Go, Hope. Let Melissa out and go." He said, using his hands to hold himself up from the floor. "Go!"

I stood up and raced over to the cell door, seeing Melissa's haunted face on the inside. "Melissa, it's Hope, I'm gonna get you out of there." I told her. She mindlessly nodded, her movements light, yet heavy with fear and confusion at the same time. "Okay." I mumbled, looking at the lock. "Where's the key?" I asked.

"I-I don't know. I think Matt has it." She replied. I narrowed my eyes at her. "You saw something, didn't you?" I asked. She nodded. "Scott." She mumbled faintly.

"Well, then," I sighed, looking around the room. I found a paper clip that was holding papers together and pulled it off, bending it at just the right way. I obviously could've just broken the cell door but damage repair might not be as free as the last time I broke things. I bit my lip as I concentrated, sticking the paper clip in the lock hole and moving it around to where I needed it until I heard a clicking sound. I pulled open the cell door. "Go." She didn't need to be told twice and raced out, my eyes following her as she did. She stopped though and turned back to me. "I'll, uh, I'll stay with Stiles." She assured.

I nodded, swallowing a lump in my throat before racing off. As I ran outside of the building and through the woods, I felt tears stream out of my eyes and fly off my face. I felt my eyes glow their golden hue against my Will but I didn't care.

I came to a stop and did the one thing I could do to find Isaac and the rest of the pack easily. I howled, signaling my location to the rest of Derek's pack. I was met with howls of theirs not too far away. I ran towards the closest one, getting lost in my thoughts as I ran, the wind drowning out sounds.

I was stopped by a pair of hands as I basically collided with a body. I looked up to see Isaac looking at me with worry etched onto his features, and that wasn't just for me. I could tell he was worried too. He saw the tear stains leading away from my now normal eyes even in the dark of night and instantly enveloped me in a tight, reassuring hug.

We soon pulled away and moved to sit down, leaning against a tree. I rest my head on his. He and Stiles were probably the ones I truly trusted. The only actual friends I had. Allison turned on everyone along with Lydia. Erica became a bitch. Boyd is all cocky and arrogant, not that Isaac isn't and me for that matter but those guys just take it to a new level. Scott still doesn't trust me and I don't trust him. Derek... Derek has his moments. Sure he does this for power but he also does everything he can to make sure we survive. And at least everyone he turned consented to it, that counts for something. But the rest of the time he's a jerk.

A while later, three new figures skidded to stops in front of us. Erica, Boyd, and Derek.

"We need to leave. Scott betrayed us. He was feeding information on us to Gerard and now that son of a bitch is hunting us. We have to hide. And then we have to leave town." Derek said urgently, looking at all of us. "As soon as possible."