T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Stiles pulled up to the Beacon Hills Preserve, his tires screeching as he pulled to a stop, Scott parking next to us on his dirt bike. We climbed out of the jeep, Scott getting off his bike as Allison pulled up.

"Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia asked.

"I do but my opinion rarely gets acknowledged." I shrugged.

"We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." Scott reasoned.

"Actually," Isaac spoke up, "we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter. But..."

"And again with the not helping." Stiles emphasized, annoyed.

Scott turned to Allison. "Did you bring it?" She opened the trunk of her car and pulled out a tranquilizer gun. A few minutes later, three gunshots rang out. I whipped around, looking in the direction they came from. Scott climbed on his bike and kicked off the brake. "Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Stiles yelled, Isaac and Allison running after Scott as he took off. Stiles sighed and dialed up his father.

"It's took the doll again? What the hell is so important about this doll?" Stiles asked incredulously into the phone. He paused, liteneing to his father speak. Apparently there were traps littering the woods but that didn't seem to matter as a look of realization washed over Stiles's face. "It's the doll." He said as he pulled the phone away from his ear. "It's the doll?" He repeated, this time sounding more confused.

~

"All right but why would it go all the way to the School and all the way back to the house just for a doll?" Stiles asked. "One that was in the car wreck in the first place. We didn't find it in the coyote den."

"It likes the doll." Lydia said. "Who cares?"

"Yeah, it likes the doll a lot."

"What kind of doll is it?" Lydia questioned.

"I don't know. It's a doll, you know. It's got little arms, a big baby head and dead, soulless eyes." Stiles replied. "Actually I took a pic." He pulled it up. "Here." He walked up to me and Lydia and I looked at the picture of Malia and her sister with the doll.

"That's Malia?" Lydia questioned, pointing at the older girl.

"Yeah, that's the jacket and the scarf we found in the Den." Stiles confirmed.

"Stiles," I said as I noticed something probably vital. "She's not holding the doll."

"That's Malias younger sister." Stiles said. "So it's her doll."

I looked up in realization. "I know what she's doing."

"What?" Lydia asked.

"I know where she's going."

~

"Scott, it's me. You got to call me back as soon as you can. It wasn't Malias doll. It was her sisters. Malia left it at the car for her sister. It's like bringing flowers to a grave. Okay, and we stole the flowers. So that's all she's trying to do, right. Bring the doll back to the grave, to the car wreck. That's where's she's headed. The car wreck." He pulled the phone away, ending the message.

"Stiles?" Lydia's spoke up.

"Yeah." We looked over to see her foot on a pressure plated trap. "Stiles! Hope!"

"Lydia, don't move." I said as the edges of the trap pulled up a bit.

"Look for a warning label." She said.