T W E N T Y

The plan was to leave tonight. Screw the plan. Isaac was still debating and he wanted to see Scott to ask for his advice. Over the course of the time that I've known Isaac, I've come to see him as, like, an older brother. Not sure about how he feels about me but that doesn't really matter.

We walked into the veterinarians, the bell on the door dinging as an alert that people, we, were here.

"Would you mind seeing who that is?" I heard Deaton ask. The dogs started barking and whining about two seconds after we walked through the door, no doubt alerting Deaton and most likely Scott that we weren't human.

Isaac stood with his hands in his pockets and I stood behind him, arms folded over my chest as both Scott and Deaton looked around the corner at us. Deaton walked forwards. "It's ok, Isaac, Hope." He said opening the gate. "We're open." Isaac started to slowly walk forwards and through the gate, me following behind.

We watched as Deaton and Scott worked with a dog that was wining from pain. Isaac scrunched up his face in disgust. "Why does it smell like that?" He asked.

Deaton chuckled slightly.

"What?" Isaac asked.

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago." He replied. "One day he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better and which," he paused and looked down solemnly at the dog, "we're not."

"He's not getting better, is he?" Isaac questioned, his voice breaking slightly as he studied the innocent creature lying on the table.

Deaton looked up at Isaac, the look on his face answering the question. "Is it cancer?"

"Osteosarcoma" Deaton replied. "It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it?" Scott nodded quietly.

"Come here." Deaton said to Isaac. Isaac slowly walked around the table to him. "I know your well aware of what your new abilities can do for you." Deaton started. "Improve strength, speed, and healing. Ever wonder what it could do for others." Isaac looked at me then Scott then the dog. "Give me your hand." Deaton extended his hand out to him.

Isaac confusedly complied and Deaton placed his hand gently on the dog. Isaac let out a small breath as his veins started turning black. It reminded me a bit of the Hollow but I know what's happening. Isaac puked his hand away after a few seconds and pulled up his sleeve to see the retracting dark veins. "What did I do?" He asked, his voice showing he was on the verge of tears.

"You took some of his pain away." Scott answered.

"Only a little bit." Deaton said. "But sometimes a little can make quite a difference." Isaac wiped his face of tears. "It's okay." Scott said, noticing, "first time he showed me I cried too." Isaac smiled, happy with himself. Happy he was able to use his abilities to help out someone who was hurt.

"Hope, you wanna try?" Scott asked. I snapped my eyes up to look at him.

"Oh, I, uh, I can't do that." I replied.

"Maybe not, but you can sense the emotions of the dog. You can calm him down and sense if he's in pain." Deaton said to me. I looked at him and slowly nodded, looking back down at the dog.

"Yeah, not very helpful though, is it?" I blinked, looking down at the dog.

"The opposite, actually." Deaton, once again, grabbed my attention. "Your ability helps to understand what we can't. You may not be able to take a way his pain, but you can offer another sense of peace. May as well help if you have the power to, right?"

"Maybe if your anybody but me." I replied, placing a gentle hand against the dogs soft fur. "I just make things worse every time I try to help." I glanced up and jumped back at the flash of my father standing there with a murderous look on his face. As soon as he was there he was gone. In a blink.

"Hope?" Scott asked as they all looked at me worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I replied, taking a shaky breath. "It's just, sometimes the hallucinations from the party just snap back. They're going away though so it doesn't matter."

"That could be because of your different DNA or a mental block." Deaton said, looking at me curiously.

"With my luck, it's probably mental." I scoffed. "Seems to be the problem of everything these days." It was quiet for a second. "Well, I'm out." I said, moving towards the door. "See you out there, Isaac." I called before I walked out the door, giving him time to ask for the advice he wanted from Scott.

~

A simple, terrified, pain ridden scream was all it took for the cheers to turn to panic and more terrified screams as people ran away from the field where Beacon Hills had just won the championship Lacrosse game.

I ran over with the rest of the Lacrosse team to see Jackson, lying on the ground, chest not moving. Scott and Melissa ran over. "Medic! We need a medic!" Coach called. Melissa ran over and knelt down next to his body, putting her ear down to his chest. She looked back up at Scott. "He's not breathing. No pulse." I sqeezed Lydia's hand and she squeezed back. Hard.

She lifted up his jersey. "Oh my god" Lydia gasped, "there's blood. There's blood."

"Get down here." Melissa ordered as she started chest compressions. Lydia slowly knelt down next to them. "Get down here, and hold his head. Tilt it up." Melissa said more firmly. Lydia did as she was told, tears streaming down her face. Stilinksi came over and started looking from Jackson to the crowd of players, spanning for someone. Stiles. "Where's Stiles?" He mumbled. I snapped my head up. "Where's Stiles? Where's my son?" He scanned the field. "Where's Stiles? Where's Stiles? Where the Hell is my son?!" He yelled.

No.