T H I R T Y

We screeched to a stop in front of Kira's house and clambered out of the jeep, eyes widening when we sat Scott lying unconscious on the ground.

"Crap." I muttered as we raced over to him.

"Scott?" Stiles asked as he shook him, the boys eyes starting to open. "Scott? Scott!" He gasped as he sat up.

"Barrow, he took Kira!" He exclaimed.

"We know. He was after her the whole time." Stiles replied as I ran a hand through my hair. Scott called Isaac to see if they had found anything. The answer was no. He hung up and walked back over to us. "We have to think of something. He's going to kill her."

"I knew he was there. How did I know that?" Lydia asked.

"Because you heard the flies right?" Stiles questioned.

"I know a little about Banshees. They can hear things that no one else can, things that usually want them of death." I said.

"That's great." Stiles said sarcastically.

"What do you hear now?" Scott asked her.

"Nothing." She said in frustration. "I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it. I just... I swear to god it literally makes me want to Scream."

My head snapped up. "Okay," I said, "then scream. Lydia, scream." She let out a high pitched scream, all of us pressing hands to our ears as we watched her. She stopped and we pulled our hands away as she looked like she heard something. "It's not flies." She said as she looked up. She whipped around, the boys flinching back.

"It's electricity."

"Wait a sec," Stiles started, "Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation."

Scott looked over. "What substation?"

~

Scott pulled up on his bike, Stiles pulling up right next to him. "Okay. Wait here, all right? Just wait for the cops to come." Stiles said to Lydia as he climbed out.

"Me? Wait, why?" She asked as Stiles rounded to the other side.

"Well, I only got one bat." He held it up as I moved to get out as well. "Nope. You too." He closed the door on me."

"What? Why?" I exclaimed.

"Because you have glowing eyes and this guy is a little, how do I put it, obsessed with destroying teenagers with glowing eyes." He replied, giving me a pointed look.

"I also have badass magical power that just make me more dangerous the angrier I get."

"So, stay and protect Lydia." I clenched my jaw as he ran off. I growled under my breath as I leaned back in my seat. A few seconds later we heard something sound like fricken Thunder was coming from inside. Probably not good.

~

"So, when did you get there?" Scotts father asked as we were all sat down.

"At the same time." Stiles answered.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me." Scott said, Stiles pointing at him.

"By coincidence?" Mr McCall asked.

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles questioned.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?" He stressed, already past annoyed with us.

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles replied.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia spoke up.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." He went to start talking but paused, sighing as Stilinski watched from behind. "Let me ask the questions." He corrected himself. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the School. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power Substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles said.

"How'd you know he'd take her to a power station?" Mr McCall asked us.

"Well, cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." McCall noted.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." He winked at his father who let out a snort muffled by his own hand. "Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess."

"What were the two of you doing?" He asked Scott and Kira.

"Eating Sushi."
"Eating Pizza." The replied at the same time. They looked at each other.
"Eating Pizza."
"Eating Sushi." They switched. I rubbed my temple. This was so cliché.

"Eating Sushi and Pizza." They said in sync, Scott more annoyed as he looked up at his father.

"You believe this?" Mr McCall asked Stilinski.

"To be honest," Stilinski sighed, "I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it." He said.

"Kira," Mr McCall looked at her. "Is that how you remember it?" We all looked at her and she nodded. "Yes." She answered. "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no."

~

"Stiles?" I heard Freya ask as she opened the door. I was currently sat at the table with Nik, just coloring simple things with crayons. I looked up. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm here to take your niece to a party." Was the reply.

"Oh no." I muttered. "Invisique." Nik smiled as he continued coloring with crayons and I tiptoed past Aunt Freya and Stiles, trying to be quiet.

"I think that's a wonderful idea." Freya replied. "Just.. hang on a second." I heard her say before suddenly my spell was dropped. I froze midway up the stairs and slowly turned around.

"Hey, Stiles." I tried, walking down the stairs. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm taking you to a party so you can have some actual fun instead of sitting around your house like you do all the time." He replied. "But you already knew that."

"You're talking about Danny's black light party, aren't you?"

He nodded. "So, you have ten minutes to go get changed and while you do that," He stepped inside. "I'm going to color."

"But-"

"Nine minutes and fifty-nine. Nine Minutes and Fifty-eight." He said, sighing.

"Okay, okay." I whipped around and went upstairs to get dressed. Once I was done I came back down and looked at Stiles, who stared. "You owe me."

"I'm paying you by letting you have fun at a party." He reasoned.

I smirked, walking forwards and held out my hand. "Twenty bucks."

He groaned. "Not this again."

"Pay up or I'm not going." He sighed and pulled out his wallet, handing me twenty bucks.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Hmm. Yeah." He smiled back sarcastically.

"You love me." I slipped the twenty into my pocket.

"Yeah, yeah."